“Clean and spacious room, good price and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Chablis Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3360 Solano Ave., Napa, CA 94558   |
Ranked #20 of 25 hotels in Napa
Madrid, Spain
“Clean and spacious room, good price and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Chablis Inn is a nice small motel located in the center of Napa Valley. We've got a clean and quite spacious room for a good price comparing to other hotels in this touristic location.
The service was very nice and efficient. We spent 5 minutes to check in and check out and to have information about things to do in the area.
Very good location to visit surrounding wineries and close to the charming Napa's city center.
A small swimming pool available for visitors, closed during winter months.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

While not above and beyond great in any sort of way, the Chablis Inn provided my friend and I with a centrally located hotel just off Hwy 29 in Napa. The staff was friendly and the rooms were decent an quiet.

• Stayed April 2013
Montpelier, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Darcy welcomed us when we arrived and cheerfully helped us get settled. She was wonderfully kind and made arrangements when we decided we wanted to stay another night. We were enjoying ourselves too much to leave. She helped us reschedule our reservation in Calistoga.

The outside of the hotel was in beautiful condition, looks newly painted and well cared for. Our king bed room was newly painted, great carpeting, immaculate, with a flat screen TV /satellite, great bed and bedding. The refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker were next to a bar sink in a granite countertop, which was very convenient.

The location was easy to find with a food market almost across the street. Great to get breakfast supplies.

If you are looking for a nice place to stay for a great price, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Chablis Inn is an older motel-style property with exterior corridors. The building wraps around the parking lot. It's been well maintained and upgraded from what I'd guess might have been a more spartan past. Our room had nice linens and a very comfortable King-sized bed, a jacuzzi tub, and a kitchenette with microwave oven, coffee maker, refrigerator and sink. Everything was very clean.

This kind of property can be inherently noisy since you can hear people walking or dragging luggage around outside the room, and noise from cars in the parking lot just outside. There was also some noise from the room above us. It didn't bother us, but light sleepers might be more troubled.

There's a small but clean pool and hot tub and a private pool deck to relax and get some sun if desired. Room rates are reasonable and the property met our expectations for a short stay. We'd stay there again, though for a longer stay we might prefer someplace with more amenities. It's worth noting that there is a shopping center just across the street with several restaurants, a Starbucks, groceries, etc., which is pretty convenient.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms would undoubtedly be quieter. But there's no elevator, so you'd have to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

There's nothing fancy about this motel. And that's what it is... a motel. It's not a hotel. There's no room service, mini-bar or turn down service. This is one of those motels where the bedroom window faces the outside walkway, which in turn faces the parking lot. So depending on the courtesy of your fellow patrons, it can be quite noisy. Even just people walking along the walkway, dragging their luggage can be quite noisy. Additionally, the floors are very thin and squeaky. Several times I was woken up by the person upstairs walking around. The beds were also old and everytime my friend moved in bed, it squeaked and made a lot of noise. My mattress desperately needed to be replaced as it was slightly sloped and indented.

All in all, not a horrible place to stay, but don't be deluded that you are staying someplace nice or elegant. You're staying someplace cheap and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Gualala, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a nice hotel right off the Highway 29 not sure what to expect. I got a room with a King size bed and jacuzzi, I was surprised about how large the jacuzzi was the room had modern feel with nice sheets comfy bed and clean. The front desk girl was extremely helpful will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Incompetence makes me angry but incompetence coupled with rudeness? Boy Chablis Inn, you better watch out.

I sent half of my wedding guests to stay here (yes, I gave them a lot of business too) and my husband booked a room online for the best man , paying IN FULL for TWO NIGHTS.

Fast forward to when we get our bank statement indicating that we were CHARGED TWICE. Once at the time of booking and again at the time of check out. We called Chablis Inn several times and they were completely uncooperative to the point of avoiding our calls.

When a man I was speaking to passed the phone off to a lady, she simply told me that it shows in their records that they only billed us for two nights. As I explained about the bank stating that the payment was authorized twice on their end, she cut me off, indicating that this was my problem and of no concern to them.

I sent her an email with a screenshot of the bank records with the dates and charges by Chablis Inn on our card, clearly indicating that they charged us twice. Since she was so adamant in saying that on their end, they only received one payment from us for just the two nights, I asked her "Can you email me this fact so that I have something in writing to show the bank?". She, of course, refused.

No help, no concern, and no accountability for a mistake on their end. I guess once they have your money, everything else can go down the toilet. There is no way they should be allowed to steal money and get away with it. I would rather spend more than the amount they took from us on legal help just so justice is served.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Chablis Inn? Share your experiences!