“Clean Room and Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Chablis Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3360 Solano Ave., Napa, CA 94558   |
Ranked #20 of 25 hotels in Napa
Whistler, Canada
“Clean Room and Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were a little hesitant to book here as we had just spent 8 days at a high end all inclusive in Mexico, however we were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of the room. It is good, clean basic lodging at a great price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Burlingame, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located across a grocery so it was easy to get food. It's also a very quick and short drive to downtown Napa. The room itself was a bit bare but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I also liked that there was an actual kitchenette in the room complete with a bar sink. For the price of the room, it would have been better if breakfast was included but otherwise it's a decent hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We (young couple) booked a two night stay here in October. On arrival they were unable to find our reservation, and were rather confrontational challenging the rate we had booked through booking.com. We're pretty relaxed people and this whole incident didn't really bother us hugely (although rather annoying that they took out their frustrations on us, because of heir own stupidity). Anyways, eventually we settled in.

The room itself was spacious and relatively clean so no complaints on that front, but it was extremely dated, and the location isn't great (just off the motorway, and a long walk into Napa). It's effectively just a really expensive motel, but no nicer than a motel.

On departure we paid in full and off we went.

Three weeks later our credit card was charged 75 dollars for no reason. We queried this and requested an immediate refund. They refuse to discuss, and have still not explained what the charge is for, (and needless to say they have yet to refund it).

If you read through the other reviews you will see at least one other review where this motel has fraudulently charged a card. I wish I'd read this before booking our stay! Avoid at all costs unless you want to have your money stolen!

A real shame that cast a shadow on our lovely holiday in the USA where we had lovely stays in every other hotel we stayed, and had a wonderful time! We'll definitely be back to California, but won't be going near the Chablis Inn!

Stayed October 2012
Nantucket
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Clean, refurbished two-story lodging with direct, outside access to each room; at the edge of a quiet residential neighborhood with shopping nearby; mini refrigerator, sink, and microwave; ample bathroom with tub; off-street parking; very convenient to Rte. 29 and neighborhood retail/food sales and service, ~10 minute drive to downtown Napa, start of wine growing district just up the road; friendly, helpful staff; very fairly priced; appreciated an unexpected direct email response from the Inn to my online reservation made through a booking service; recommended

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Finding a clean, safe hotel for less than $100 a night was difficult, but I'm glad we went with this one. The room was very nice! The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean and the fridge in the kitchenette came in handy. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and gave us coupons for local restaurants.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This small motel right off Route 29 just north of the city of Napa is a surprise gem. Just $135 per night, pet friendly (although we didn't bring our dog) for Napa it's a steal. Less than a mile into Napa and just five miles from Yountville, then up the road to St. Helena and all the wineries. It was clean, modern and has a small pool/jacuzzi. At that price I was nervous but our room was big and comfortable. The only thing you need to know is that it does not have black-out curtains, only venetian blinds so the room gets light in the morning. Not a problem for me but if like your room really dark, this isn't the place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GmChablis, General Manager at Chablis Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hello and thank you for your kind words regarding the Chablis Inn. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to be your hosts again in the future.

I did want to clarify, that as of July 1st of this year, the Chablis Inn no longer allows pets at the property. Our policies can be viewed on our hotel website.

Cheers,

Darcy
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

There aren't too many places under $100 a night in Napa. I've stayed here 3 or 4 times, and they have always been decent. The rooms are actually very nice for the price of them. Several months ago they were bought by new owners. In my opinion, things have gone slightly downhill. I travel here frequently to work for a local nonprofit. Normally my flights come into Sacramento early in the morning, so I arrive in Napa by 10:30 or 11. I have always been able to check in early if a room was available, no questions asked. This last time, I was told I would be charged $20 to check in early. Because I'm usually busy all day and wouldn't have gotten back until late, I said I would pay it. I don't think they ended up charging me at the end of it... but I still didn't like the thought of it when I had stayed there several times before. All in all, it's nice for the rate, and I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Chablis Inn? Share your experiences!