“Good for a budget place in Napa.” 4 of 5 stars

Chablis Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3360 Solano Ave., Napa, CA 94558   |
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Irvine, California
“Good for a budget place in Napa.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

There aren't too many places under $100 a night in Napa. I've stayed here 3 or 4 times, and they have always been decent. The rooms are actually very nice for the price of them. Several months ago they were bought by new owners. In my opinion, things have gone slightly downhill. I travel here frequently to work for a local nonprofit. Normally my flights come into Sacramento early in the morning, so I arrive in Napa by 10:30 or 11. I have always been able to check in early if a room was available, no questions asked. This last time, I was told I would be charged $20 to check in early. Because I'm usually busy all day and wouldn't have gotten back until late, I said I would pay it. I don't think they ended up charging me at the end of it... but I still didn't like the thought of it when I had stayed there several times before. All in all, it's nice for the rate, and I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were supposed to stay here on September 30, 2012, but we had to change our plans. I canceled the reservation on August 20th and got a confirmation email about the confirmation. I was well within the 72 hour cancellation time period so that I would not be charged as a no show. I found out a couple of days ago that they charged my card anyway. I forwarded the confirmation email to them and asked them why they charged me, the general manager wrote back that he did the research, and because the reservation was never cancelled on their end, it wasn't considered cancelled, and I was being charged as a no show. He did, however offer me a credit towards a one night stay if I come to Napa in the next two years, which I won't. Needless to say, I'm disputing the charge with my bank.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oxfordshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great hotel in Napa Valley. Very clean and comfortable. Bonus of a pool area which was relaxing after a day tasting! Staff were friendly and helpful. Within walking distance of restaurants, food store and Starbucks. Overall good value for money.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

A $12 cab ride into Napa central for restaurants etc and a 2 min walk from shops, cafes and petrol stations. Ideally suited just off the main freeway which carries you through the Napa valley itself.

Rooms are large, clean and comfortable and the pool area is basic but served as a relaxing spot after a day's activity.

We would definitely return!

• Stayed October 2012
Grovetown, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were here for 5 nights and enjoyed the time there. Great location 8-10 minutes away from downtown Napa. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. We suggested to the staff that they use a couple brighter light bulbs for the canister lights, as it was pretty dark in the room, even with all the lights on.

Brewerton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

When I travel with my wife I look for a room that is clean and large enough to handle our luggage, a microwave oven, a refrigerator and a pool. The Chablis Inn satisfied all of my requirements and was in walking distance to restaurants, and a grocery store. The Inn staff was friendly and helpful. I could have paid a great deal more to stay at a Mariott or Hilton that were close by but these hotels would not provided me with any more comfort or convenience.

Palo Alto, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you're looking for a nice roadside motel that's inexpensive, clean and available, this might be a place for you. Don't expect a typical Wine Country boutique inn or resort, but it's just fine for your overnight stay. Just a very short block off the highway up into the Wine Country and across the way from downtown Napa, it's clean and comfortable. There's a small pool and hot tub next to the office (with complimentary towels). Across the street is a medium size mall with a market with good food options for carry out and a Roundtable pizza. Yes, Starbucks is there, too. Recently remodeled, it's worth a second look for those on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor and away from the street.