“Great stay and value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Grovetown, Georgia, United States
“Great stay and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were here for 5 nights and enjoyed the time there. Great location 8-10 minutes away from downtown Napa. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. We suggested to the staff that they use a couple brighter light bulbs for the canister lights, as it was pretty dark in the room, even with all the lights on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Brewerton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

When I travel with my wife I look for a room that is clean and large enough to handle our luggage, a microwave oven, a refrigerator and a pool. The Chablis Inn satisfied all of my requirements and was in walking distance to restaurants, and a grocery store. The Inn staff was friendly and helpful. I could have paid a great deal more to stay at a Mariott or Hilton that were close by but these hotels would not provided me with any more comfort or convenience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you're looking for a nice roadside motel that's inexpensive, clean and available, this might be a place for you. Don't expect a typical Wine Country boutique inn or resort, but it's just fine for your overnight stay. Just a very short block off the highway up into the Wine Country and across the way from downtown Napa, it's clean and comfortable. There's a small pool and hot tub next to the office (with complimentary towels). Across the street is a medium size mall with a market with good food options for carry out and a Roundtable pizza. Yes, Starbucks is there, too. Recently remodeled, it's worth a second look for those on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor and away from the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife for two nights while on a tour. The Chablis inn was in a suitable location for winery's in the area with some other shops and amenities near by. The Chablis inn is fairly basic. The room was comfortable, clean and tidy but nothing special. It doesn't feel particularly homely, but the staff were friendly, welcoming and the housekeeper was very helpful. We didn't use the pool or hot tub, so I am unable to comment on these. The Chablis inn is a good stay at the very reasonable price. Worthy of a three star rating, no more, no less.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Who: I got a king room for myself and my fiance for her birthday weekend. Napa was packed and room rates were high so we decided to get the best room Chablis could offer with a hot tub and king bed.

What: We came up to Napa to go hot air ballooning, wine taste, eat at the nice restaurants, and hit a great spa. So i wanted to stay at a place a little more economical, BAD MOVE! Sometime on Saturday while we were gone I had a pair of brand new Beats By Dre head phones stolen off of the desk in the room! I woke up Sunday, packed in a haste and checked out. I called once I got home and unpacked. I realized the head phones were missing so I called. The desk guy Larry said he would leave a note and someone would call me in the morning. No one called - so I called back, this time a man said someone would call me once they talked to the head house keeper. Again nothing - so I called back and they said: "No head phones were found, because you left the property we cannot be sure that you did not loose the head phones along the way." So I am out of an extra $350.00!!!

Where: Room 113 Chablis Napa

When: August 24-26, 2012 Weekend

**From reading other reviews now that I am here it seems the establishment is under new ownership. A Message to them - Not Cool, Not Cool at all!

Jesse W.
Walnut Creek, Ca.

Room Tip: Dont stay here - period
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ChablisInnGM, Manager at Chablis Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hello Jesse,

I truly apologize for the experience you have had with our property. I also wanted to apologize for the way in which you have been communicated with. As our staff have mentioned to you when you contacted the hotel, the item you are missing has not shown up despite a thorough search within our housekeeping department and lost and found.

These situations are difficult to handle as we can only vouch for our staff and all employees at the hotel, that they have never been, nor will they ever be in the business of stealing items from any one of our guests and that such actions would be a serious breach of trust and result in a loss of employment.

In fact, a recent review in July, on this very website, was in response to a guest receiving a valuable item that they had left in their room upon checkout. The reviewer mentioned our staff's honesty and was ever thankful for the service we were able to provide them.

I can only once again apologize for the manner in which we communicated that we could not locate your item. We will definitely use this experience to help better serve our guests in the future.

Should you item turn up, we will most definitely contact you as soon as possible.

Darcy
Cambridge, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My partner and I stayed 3 nights at the Chablis Inn Napa Valley on a recent trip to California. For the second time when scheduling this trip we decided to take a chance on reserving a hotel, this time it was bookit.com offering a good rate on an unnamed hotel in the city of Napa. The Chablis Inn is the hotel we were provided and we had no idea what to expect.

As we drove up to the property after a lovely drive from SF, we were surprised at how small the hotel and parking lot seemed. This is a 2-level motel style property, with what I would estimate to be about 40 rooms. We were somewhat skeptical as we walked into the office, but the owners were extremely pleasant and provided great service during our arrival and throughout our stay.

Next stop was the room. We stepped into a room that must have been twice the size of what we just left in SF, and very well appointed with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and bathroom with tons of counter space. The Chablis Inn was definitely turning out to be better than we had anticipated.

We were too busy during the day to experience the swimming pool, but enjoyed a dip in the hot tub at night. Both are on the small side with the capacity of the hot tub in the range of 4-6 people. They are located in a very secluded and cozy corner of the property, which made the pool deck a nice place to visit at night. Pool towels are available in the office which is a nice touch.

It is conveniently located off Hwy 29 @ Redwood, which means Napa’s wine country is just minutes away. Conveniences in the immediate area are a gas station, grocery store, 7 Eleven, liquor store, and there is a pizza place right across the street.

For fellow runners, this place is a good launching spot for an early morning run. Head east (left out of the parking lot) and the service road is a 1km long uninterrupted stretch, and then you can simply head south (right) into the adjacent neighborhood and enjoy an out-and-back run of your desired distance. I even ran into 3 deer when out for a run one morning, but they were much quicker than me ;-)

The Chablis Inn was far from one of the nicest places I have stayed at over the years, but it was also much nicer than we had anticipated. The only real complaint is the early morning noise that seemed to start before 6am every morning, and must have woken many of the people staying there. Since the pedestrian walkway and parking lot are right outside the front door and window, early morning foot and vehicle traffic are likely to interrupt the soundest of sleepers. The same loud truck seemed to leave the parking lot before 6am every morning, and shortly thereafter the service road was fairly busy with morning traffic.

Would we stay here during our next trip to Napa? We didn’t absolutely love it so we will likely try another destination. Would I recommend it to someone travelling on a budget and simply looking for a nice room to crash in for the night? Sure, but beware the early morning noise, especially on the first floor! The second floor might be a better location if you are looking to sleep late.

Some additional travel tips for Napa and area …

Dining – Take some time in between winery visits to enjoy a VIP lunch at Auberge du Soleil. Enjoy some very fine cuisine while sitting outside on the balcony with a spectacular view of Napa Valley. Some other destinations to consider are Bouchon in Yountville for coffee and a pastry in the morning, Taylor’s in St Helena for a burger and shake lunch, or our favorite dinner destination the Rutherford Grill.

Healdsburg is a quaint little town with wineries, cafes, and restaurants that should be a consideration during your next trip to Napa.

Room Tip: I wasn't up there, but I assume the rooms on the second floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed for several nights and had a very good experience. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. Our expectations were realistic; we did not expect luxury for the price. It is an older place, but well-maintained. The location is great, near Napa and not far from Sonoma, where we were attending a wedding. We were able to drive easily throughout the area. Reasonable restaurants were close by. Although it was in a fairly busy area, the room seemed fairly quiet. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Chablis Inn? Share your experiences!