My two friends and I shared a 2 x queen bed room, with the intention of using as a base for our cycling adventures over that December weekend. We weren't planning to spend a lot of time near the hotel - mostly, it was going to be a place to crash after a long ride and store our bikes securely.
To our satisfaction, it was that and more. The staff were more than happy to store our bikes in a locked area (not under cover, but the weather was good) and let us access them whenever we pleased. They also were very helpful calling cabs and recommending restaurants in Napa's downtown.
As for other cycle-happy features, the Best Western Plus is located at the southern end of Napa's bike lanes. So getting into downtown Napa, then on to the vines is a breeze.
The lodgings themselves are very clean and modern. Pretty classy digs, actually. We really loved the large 2 x queen room and didn't know what to do with the amazing array of pillows we were provided. It was a real home away from home experience.
Don't be put off by the Denny's next door - you don't even see it. Skip it and head to Oxbow Public Market for meals, your body will thank you.
Finally, the feature we'll be bringing up for months to come is the hot tub. Yes, there's a hot tub. If you've been riding and/or drinking all day, then stumbling across a hot tub is better than finding out you're Donald Trump's long-lost lovechild. A quick dip in the swimming pool immediately after (which isn't really that cold) will have you rearing and ready for the day ahead.
The only downside is the distance from downtown Napa. It's just a little too far to walk, < 10mins you're on a bike, but a little hard going if you do like us and ride a cab in, only to find there aren't any readily available rides back at night. Our advice is to keep some taxi company numbers handy and wait out your carriage indoors - it's cold out in winter!
Overall, a great stay. Many thanks to the staff for being so kind to us dusty cycling types!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines just received Best Western International’s highest honor, "The Chairman’s Award," for outstanding quality, design and high customer service. Travelers from all over the world choose Inn at the Vines as their vacation destination. BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines, also nominated as one of the best hotels in Napa Valley, provides finely appointed accommodations in the heart of all there is to experience in our beautiful wine country of Northern California. Whether your travels bring you to Napa for a weekend get-away, business, family vacation, or a wedding, BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines Hotel Napa
- Best Western Hotel Napa
- Best Western Napa
- Napa Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn At The Vines Napa, Napa Valley, CA