“Go-to place in Napa” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
El Dorado, California
“Go-to place in Napa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The room was extremely clean. Love the double sheeting on the beds which will return us any time. Staff friendly and very helpful. Very close the wineries. Ask for coupons at the front desk for wine tasting. Restaurants nearby. Close to Oxbow Market and Yountville, which we love to visit. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
bwvines, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review and we are glad we could make your stay with us enjoyable. All Best Westerns should be double sheeting and we are in the process of triple sheeting the beds with a high quailty heavy top sheet. No more worrying about who laid on the bed before you, its part of our "Ultra Clean" program. See you again on your next trip to the Napa Valley.

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good location convenient to drives through the vineyard districts and excellent downtown restaurants. Relatively new, well maintained hotel with large, bright, attactive, spotless, comfortable rooms. We must praise the staff and are greatful for their good natured, "spot-on" advice. Shawn was on duty when we arrived. She gave us great advice for drives and restaurants (loved Ristorante Allegria) and she even went online to compile a list "kid-friendly" vineyards. We should also mention Shanirra who was on duty in the daytime. The breakfast included in the price of the room is served in the adjacent Denny's. Food was standard but service was a bit slow. To be fair, it was a very busy weekend. I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel to our friends and we will certainly stay there again. By the way, I think you can help hotels save money (and maybe get you a better price) by calling them direct rather than useing third party resellers. (like Priceline, Travelocity etc.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
bwvines, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. We strive to give the best customer service possible to make everyones experience enjoyable. Shawn and Shanirra are a great value to our staff and I am pleased they had the advise and information you needed. You are right either book direct or at Bestwestern.com for the best price. We will see you again the next time your in the area.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I coordinated a group of 23 visiting Napa during the grape harvest in October, and we booked the entire group into the Best Western Plus Inn at the Vines. First, let me say if you’re a snob and really into posh places with fancy marble lobby floors, fluffy robes on the hook, perky concierge behind a big desk, etc. this may not be for you. But if you like to get real value, service and comfortable accommodations for a modest price, you cannot beat the Inn at the Vines. It is family owned and operated (several generations), and the service and sense of community are notable in this day and age. The place has been updated and has all the features you need………..clean well furnished rooms, flat screens, very comfortable beds (we had king bed rooms), great towels, and organic soaps. To some earlier reviews about highway noise: we found it minimal and no one in our group complained. Yes, I did hear the occasional truck early in the morning or California kid with a Flowmaster exhaust doing a jack-rabbit start from the intersection……again it was not a problem. Ask for a room in the back of the hotel.

Front Desk Manager Shanirra did an exceptional job booking our customized winery tour, restaurant reservations, and balloon rides. As our “person on the ground” in Napa she was in our corner every step of the way and played a large part of a successful three days in Napa! At the front desk Melody, Shawn and Bertha were always helpful, upbeat and service-minded.

Complimentary hotel breakfasts are a joke at many hotels……….not so at the Inn at the Vines. There is a Denny’s on the property, and you get a legitimate complimentary hot breakfast at the restaurant – not some dinky room off the lobby. Try eggs any way you want, bacon/sausage and pancakes/toast and coffee. You can’t beat it unless you must have Eggs Benedict and mimosas. The owners are continuously making improvements to keep up with newer hotels. During out stay a fitness center and business center were under construction. Botom line: when visiting Napa in the future I will stay at the Inn at the Vines again. Our entire group was pleased.

Room Tip: The King Rooms are great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
bwvines, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Ed,

it was a pleasure meeting you and hosting your group for your stay in the Napa Valley. I enjoyed hearing your story of what happened at the Castle. Yes, Shanirra is a great employee who is always the first to try out new restaurants and tours. All of our employees keep up to date on all there is to do in the Valley.

We are family run (4th generation), and as you saw, we take pride in our Hotel.

I am glad your group enjoyed their stay and maybe we can make this an annual event.
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We purchased our room via Priceline for a Thursday and Friday night @ $120 per night.
Upon arrival, we were pleased with the centralized location to downtown Napa and the new River area of shopping and restaurants.
We had a lower level room, which was extremely clean and large for what we had expected.
Cleanliness is huge, so I give them an A+ for this.

Some not so "A" reviews: the walls are paper thin. I heard the people upstairs walking, using the restroom, etc....as if they were staying in our room.
The bed and pillows = terrible! The bed was rock hard! The pillows (given 4) are squares no larger than 16 X 16.
We requested more pillows and never received them.
By check out time, we both woke up with headaches and terrible back aches....all day we have been walking around like 100 year olds...but we're in our early 30's.

If you can get this hotel for an extremely good deal (I wouldn't pay over $100), then stay here for the location.
If its any more than that, or you care about sleep comfort, I would suggest any other hotel in the area. The Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Marriott, etc.

We never received those extra pillows....I wonder if it would've even made a difference?!?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the extra pillows not being delivered to your room. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

After checking your room I did find that the bed is one of our newer ones, Simmons Beautyrest Plush, World Class. I haven't had any complaints previously for this brand of mattress. Bed comfort is very important to us and we greatly appreciate your feedback. The pillows that were in your room were standard Comforel pillows. We are currently in the process of replacing the pillows with new DreamMaker pillows and adding extra pillows to each bed.

Thank you again for your input and comments.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet -- well appointed with nice furnishings and amenities. It was a little dark because it was on the lower level, facing the pool. But it was quieter than some of the outside rooms.

The price was quite fair and good value. It was among the lower priced options in Napa when we were there. The office staff was courteous and helpful and the housekeeping staff did an excellent job.

The office staff person (wish I knew her name) gave us good directions and helped us select a dinner restaurant from the options we presented. And her advice was excellent. Another office person helped me find a Best Western to stay at near the SFO.

We don't love Dennys but the breakfast was quite fine and service friendly and efficient even when the restaurant was quite busy.

I wish this hotel was located in a prettier place -- that is the only reason I withheld a fifth "star." This is really an excellent place to stay in Napa.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet room ask for an inside room, away from the parking areas.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and my staff could help you with all your needs.Come back and see us again when you are in the area.
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed at this property for over ten years of and on. I have been happy with every stay. I have watch them remodel and rejuvenate their rooms time and time again, they make a real effort to make the place appear new every year. It is a great location, down town but close enough to the vineyards. It is with out question the BEST value of any motel in or around Napa. Cost to value is tremendous and there is a Denny's right next door (I love Denny's). The employees are great and these guys go over their rooms with an ultraviolet light to check for ultimate cleanliness.....amazing! Enjoy you stay..I am sure you will

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
bwvines, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thanks for the sparkling review. We believe in clean. "As part of the I Care Clean program, housekeeping staff at all Best Western hotels in North America will be empowered to exceed customer expectations in an entirely new way using several tools to clean guestrooms and common areas such as black lights and UV wands. "

We are glad you continue to stay with us when visiting the Napa Valley. See you again soon!
California Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was so pleased with this hotel during my stay. My check in was great and my questions were answered for everything that I needed to know. Melody was so helpful with my stay and offering tasting passes to her favorite places in Napa. It was a delight to talk with her and I would have to say that it was a great customer service that she showed over the weekend I was there. She has a lot of paitence and a very calm person while dealing with rude customers that dont appreciate others. I will return to stay at your place every time I come to visit Napa. Thank you Melody for everything and for being a paitent person. To the manager of the property you have very clean rooms and comfortable beds. Your workers are great and I hope they continue to stay on with you for years to come.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank your for your review and I am happy you enjoyed your stay. Melody is a great asset to our Hotel and I am glad she could answer all your questions and made your stay enjoyable. We have many employees that have been with us for 15 + years. One, Margaret, has been with us the day we opened our doors. We are all like family here and I know it shows with the compliments we get on service. Come back and see us soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at the Vines? Share your experiences!