“Great place to vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Napa for $129/night !
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great place to vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I found The Old World Inn on the internet. They had a great website that lets you see each individual room.
The location is perfect to see all of downtown and easily accessible to the wineries.
My only regret was that I didn't have more time to stay there.
The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about all the sites and wineries.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This bed and breakfast is one of my favorites. The location is perfect, you can walk all over downtown and the rooms and breakfast are very nice. Also very nice and helpful staff. I like both the main house and carriage house,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My 23 year old daughter and I came to Napa Valley for a much needed mother/daughter getaway. We were lucky enough to stay at the Old World Inn (Bed & Breakfast). The location was fabulous for us, just 1 ½ blocks from the heart of downtown Napa. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the accommodations at the Old World Inn and their staff. From my initial inquiries and throughout our stay, I want to especially thank Hillary for her information, care, and help. She went above and beyond providing area maps, coupons, discounts, and advice. Hillary also was able to make a reservation for us for a guided winery tour. When we were picked up for our winery tour the guide provided us with a special embossed journal/diary to keep notes about our tastings courtesy of ‘The Old World Inn’! This was just one of many nice touches the Inn provided. The gourmet breakfast each morning was delicious and started our day with a full tummy! I would highly recommend ‘the Old World Inn’ and hope to be able to revisit again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here two nights with my boyfriend to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. I had a wonderful experience at Old World Inn! The rooms were a bit pricy (~$180/night after tax), but worth the splurge. The room was small, but the bed was very comfortable and the attention to detail in the decoration was well appreciated.

The service was incredible. The staff even left us a small card that said, "Happy Anniversary!" on our bed! They were very helpful in providing us good recommendations for wineries to visit, and even gave us some 2-for-1 wine tasting coupons!

The inn was about a 20 minute drive to some nice wineries on Silverado Trail, and about a 20 min walk to downtown and Oxbow Market. (Go to Ca' Momi in Oxbow Market for some delicious pizza!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Old World Inn was perfect for our weekend getaway this February. February isn't the most popular time to visit Napa but it's perfect if you're from the area (we live in Oakland) and looking for a cheap, low-key trip free of the summer crowds. Like most hotels and B&Bs, the Old World Inn lowers their rates in the off-season and I was incredibly impressed with the experience we got for our money. Here's what I most appreciated:
Location: The Old World Inn is a quick walk from downtown. With all of the restaurants Napa now has, you can have a great night out without worrying about driving or finding a cab.
Décor: I like to patronize small businesses but many B&Bs suffer from doily overload. I was happy to enter our room and find not a single doily, cross-stitch, or anything else fussy or twee. The Biblioteca room was charming but not overdone. I loved the antique tub too.
Service: The owners were pleasant hosts and one of them gave us some great recommendations for smaller, off-the-beaten wineries.
Food: The breakfasts were delicious and nothing beats having chocolate waiting for you at the end of a long night.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and will definitely return the next time we want to stay in Napa.

Room Tip: The Biblioteca room was tiny but charming and perfectly fine for two people (as long as you don'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This B&B was exactly what we were looking for. The innkeepers are very kind and helpful. The rooms have fireplaces and a very cozy feel. We loved the breakfasts!! Wow, they were awesome and I have to mention that I am a picky eater. Lovely chocolates at the end of the day as well. Overall great experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights in August 2012 (yes, it has taken me a very long time to write this review!) The facilities were great, and the room (in the main house) was really comfortable. I loved the breakfasts and the snacks that were free throughout the day. If you're vegetarian, just make sure that you let them know the day before, but there are heaps of options. I also really appreciated Tom's (the innkeepers) insights into the area, including dining and sightseeing recommendations.
Accommodation in the Napa is generally more expensive than you'd find elsewhere, but the money you spend here will be worth it!
Its also well located to Napa Town centre, although if you want to do a lot of sightseeing in the wineries, its best to hire a car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cabernet House, an Old World Inn? Share your experiences!