“Charming, cozy, and romantic” 5 of 5 stars

Cabernet House, an Old World Inn
1301 Jefferson St, Napa, CA 94559   |
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Monterey, California
“Charming, cozy, and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This B&B was exactly what we were looking for. The innkeepers are very kind and helpful. The rooms have fireplaces and a very cozy feel. We loved the breakfasts!! Wow, they were awesome and I have to mention that I am a picky eater. Lovely chocolates at the end of the day as well. Overall great experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights in August 2012 (yes, it has taken me a very long time to write this review!) The facilities were great, and the room (in the main house) was really comfortable. I loved the breakfasts and the snacks that were free throughout the day. If you're vegetarian, just make sure that you let them know the day before, but there are heaps of options. I also really appreciated Tom's (the innkeepers) insights into the area, including dining and sightseeing recommendations.
Accommodation in the Napa is generally more expensive than you'd find elsewhere, but the money you spend here will be worth it!
Its also well located to Napa Town centre, although if you want to do a lot of sightseeing in the wineries, its best to hire a car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here July 2012 for a weekend trip to Napa. Had the smallest room they have, but it was plenty big for just the two of us and we were out and about all day anyway. Breakfast both days was great. Loved the chocolate desserts every evening and the wine hour was a great way to get to know about the local wineries that were off the main trail. In fact we found one of our new favorites this way. Our room was located in the main building right off the main hallway and I was worried it would be loud when people came and went but it was actually very quiet. We are looking forward to a second trip to Napa and will hopefully stay here again. It was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at Old World Inn for the second time and in a different room. Both stays were wonderful. The place feels like we are staying in someone's home. It's clean, modern with with a classic feel. The beds are comfortable.
The breakfast, desserts, and coffee were delicious. We have felt relaxed at each visit. We definitely plan on returning.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My BF and I recently stayed here for a 3-night mid-week stay in Napa Valley. We've both never been to a B&B and didn't know exactly what to expect. This place is super cute and charming :) It's a bit old (hence, OLD WORLD inn) but holds lots of character and charm in the house.

The food is so-so. I'm a picky eater (not that I mean to be!) and I found that I couldn't really eat any of the breakfasts' they provided all three mornings. The provided a quiche, frittata, and I forget the third breakfast main dish, but it was along those lines. So unfortunately, I wasn't a fan of the food.

Although, the other food their provided throughout the day was pleasent. The fruit-flavored water was really refreshing to fill up on throughout the day. And they serve homemade chocolate dessert trays nightly at 7pm (and I LAVA chocolate!). So the BF and I thoroughly enjoyed those :). They also had a "happy hour" with wine and snacks daily from 5:30-6:30pm. Although, what they served barely counted as quality cheese (more like a cheese spread). So that was disappointing.

They also have a movie "library", coffee/tea available 24/7, and they always kept these delicious tiny crispy cookies available right next to the fruit-water. SO GOOD!

We stayed in the La Boheme room and it was super cute! The bed is soooo comfortable :D. I did notice it was kind of noisy in the mornings, but I'm used to noise so it didn't really bother me. The B&B is located on a main road, so if you're looking for quiet, this probably isn't the best B&B to visit. We got a good deal (since we stayed mid-week), but I'm not so sure I'd stay here during the high tourist season and pay those rates. I think we'll try another B&B in Calistoga next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were very happy with the Old World Inn. Upon arrival we were greeted by Hillary, she very nice, and showed us to our room. I thought I booked a king bed, I was a little disappointed it was a queen. She was quick to accomodate us.
The property has 2 locations, which are a half a block away from each other. There, we were greeted by Reggie, He was wonderful!! kind, considerate and a down to earth man who wanted to make me happy. He showed us a couple of options. We stayed in the cottage, which was very romantic. It had a fire place, comfortable canopy bed, and jacuzzi. The room was clean and decorated perfectly. We were given a maps of the wineries, and the walk to restaurants and shops.
When we arrived back from our day of wine tasting, Janet was at the front desk. She was great! A wealth of knowledge about all the restuarants and go to spots. We enjoyed talking to her as well.
There is a 5:30 wine tasting on the premise. The wine was fair.
Overall, the staff was great, the accomodations were wonderful, breakfast was good, location was perfect. we will definitetly return to Old World Inn, and recommend this place to all of our friends!

Room Tip: Always read recent reviews, look for cleanliness, and comfort. Restuarants can always be found close...
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We were at this inn for 2 nights last August and must say, we were pretty disappointed. The room was tiny, dark and cold. There was no welcome wine bottle which had been advertised on their website. And we paid $200 a night for it!

The gourmet breakfast was nothing spectacular, nor were the wine tastings in the evening. But the hosts were definitely helpful in terms of what wineries to go to, what else to explore.

All in, this inn was an underwhelming experience and I would sadly not recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabernet House, an Old World Inn? Share your experiences!