We had orginally chose La Belle Epoque based on previous customer reviews as well as what we had read & seen on the property's website. Our stay there was pretty much everything that we had expected it to be. La Belle Epoque is a 100yr old Victorian home that has been maintained well over the years. It has the charm & elegance of what one would expect from an old stately home. It has character not seen in homes today. What it is not is a chain type hotel like a Hilton, Marriott, or any other similar. You go to La Belle Epoque for a B & B experience. That means a homey, intimate experience where everyone gets to know eachother. The owners Derek & Roxanne have made a concerted effort to continue the fine tradition of providing that genuine B & B experience. As other reviewers have mentioned, the morning breakfast's made by Roxanne are a great way to start the day. It is set in the dining room which has the feeling of eating breakfast from a times past. The house has so much character that you feel that you are stepping back in time a bit. The early evening wine tastings provide a nice & relaxing unwind from a long day out. With both the breakfast's & wine tasting you see a nice interaction among the owners & all the guests. Everyone shares they're experiences from there trip in Napa & elsewhere. It's just a nice, friendly environment. This, you will not get, from staying at a run of the mill Hotel. This is why you come here. We stayed in the Chardonnay room, & thought it was great. We know that there is a room on the first floor that is close to the dining area & near the kitchen, so we can understand a previous guests disappointment with the noise factor. There is also a house directly across the street from the main house which contains several larger, suite rooms. They are nice if you need more room than a standard room in the main house. La Belle Epoque is right near the heart of the village, so you can actually walk to several restaurants & stores, and you are only several minutes from the main road (highway 29) as well as the Silverado Trail which is a secondary main road which has many additional winery's. Overall, it was a nice stay. We really had little if anything at all bad to say & I would venture to say that most others would say the same. You feel at home here.
- Also Known As:
- La Belle Epoque Hotel
- La Belle Epoque Hotel Napa
- La Belle Epoque Napa, Napa Valley, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over a century this stunning Napa Valley Queen Anne Victorian has reigned over Napa. Today, La Belle Epoque is a luxury Napa Valley boutique inn - ideal for romantic getaways, family reunions, small weddings and solo retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your La Belle Epoque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.