“Absolutely Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Corning, CA
“Absolutely Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This property absolutely exceeded our expectations. Wish we could have stayed longer! We had a one-bedroom condo type room. It was equipted with everything. If you are in the area for a Napa Valley or Sonoma Valley Wine tour, make sure to stay at the Vino Bello Resort. I can't think of any negative at all from the people to the room - everything was fabulous. We will be back soon & will leave more time to enjoy this property! It is a time-share property, and we booked we were asked if we wanted to attend a presentation. We did not and were never asked again or bothered about it at all. If you are coming to the Napa Valley, you must stay here! Awesome!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We arrived to see lot's of renovations being done (new automatic doors for the main hotel) I talked to the desk clerk at check in, she mentioned that there was a complementary bottle of wine, I'm not a drinker so I asked if maybe they had something non-alcholic instead, she said she would have some one get that to our room and exchange it. I had read about the aminities on the Shell Vacations web site and asked about the "heated pools" she said all the pools are heated to 80 degrees. I had told our children that we could go swim after we got settled in our room. They also have a complimentry movies you can pick up at the front desk. We checked in to a lovely room. At first glance the suite looked like it was in great shape.

THE BAD...After further review it had some issues...
1) The phone system wasn't working at all.
2) Little things broken here and there.
3) The drier was very difficult to figure out and work with. It only had delecate cycle working so it took 3 hours for our clothes to dry.
4) THE POOL Heated to a BRISK 55 degrees...needless to say we did not swim in the pool.
5) Only one dvd player... At least the kids could watch a movie before bed time.
6) Little or nothing to do for the kids.

THE GOOD
1) They let us have 2 movies instead of just the one we were supposed to have.
2) The hot tube was acutally hot and not 55 degrees also.
3) The rooms are visually beautiful we loved that they had a full kitchen and the decore was great.

After all was said and done we had had enough and came home a night early.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
VinoBello1, General Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Vino Bello Resort as your destination in the Napa Valley. I have read your comments thoroughly and I am disappointed to hear your stay was well below our standards. I can guarantee you I am taking all of the proper steps to ensure no future guests have the same issues which you experienced. We highly value your business and will look forward to your return in the near future so you can enjoy the Vino Bello the way it's meant to be enjoyed.

Michael M. Palmer, CHA
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We were here the last week of February. Weather was cold, crisp, raining on and off. Parking on the property is limited, but ample street parking near by. You are indeed, far from the maddening crowds of Napa, but thus, we enjoyed the peacefulness of the setting. We had a two bedroom suite in the Merlot building. We enjoyed the daily housekeeping features, heavy sturdy furniture, click on fireplace, our third floor balcony view of the sunsets, and convenient location. It was fun figuring out the deluxe shower w/ the overhead rain forest shower head and the 4 wall jets that make you feel like you're in a human car wash. Another night we relaxed in the in room jacuzzi. We've been to Napa many times, stayed in hotels, bed and breakfast establishments etc. and this was head and shoulders our best stay. (the other timeshares available in Napa pale in comparison). We even sampled some of the wine at the bar of the Meritage Resort and fell in love w// their Old Vine Shiraz. Too bad no gift store to purchase a bottle and the caves were closed for wine tastings by the time we returned from our day trips and not open before we checked out. We visited during the off season, although fully booked, the place did not seem to be over-run with guests. It was nice to have a simple breakfast in the room every morning. Watched movies (DVD's) at night and just relax. The internet was a bit spotty, at times not available at all, but that was just on one day of the six we were there. The concierge gave us some great reccommendations for dining. Gillwoods Cafe, for breakfast. Can't go wrong w/ Celedon, Brix, Mustard Grill, Angele's, and RIstorante Allegria. Disappointed with Rutherford Grill. Not sure at all, why this is rated so highly. The restaurant on site, The Siena was very good. (see other review). surprisingly good pizza. We used our stay here as a base for travel to Sonoma Valley, Calistoga, Silverado Trail etc. Life is short, Come to Vino Bello and enjoy!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

While some construction on the far end of the property prevented easy lobby access this was no problem to getting in to register. While access is supposed to be 4pm,we did not get our room until after 5. The reason, though, was we requested a second floor vineyard view which is worth the wait. We were in the Chardonnay building in an end unit which was very desirable for view, quiet and brightness (room 2322). We used our Shell Vacation points and must say this is one of the most attractive Shell properties as far as room layout and decorating. There were several maintenance issues that were annoying (dishwasher did not work properly and it took 3-4 visits from staff), light bulbs burned out, hairdryer kicked out. In all cases response was quick. These things come up and I think many people just don't bother to call and have them corrected, so we seem to have issues wherever we go. One of the best features is the readily available shuttle for pick up and delivery to town, so eating out was a breeze. When we had friends visit, we had to go down to the main door to meet them as they could not even enter the building to knock on our door. Minor inconvenience for something that is probably a great safety feature. You are super secure!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wadsworth, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I travel a lot so my expectations are realistic. I normally don’t have problems. I was very disappointed with the management of this place. Our rate varied from $200 on Sunday night to $300 on Friday and Saturday night. Not bad in season in Napa. Unfortunately you are in industrial park a ways from Napa. The A/C is extremely loud. This I could live with. My true problem is the management philosophy. The first morning we had no hot water. I called the front desk to let them know. They told me I was not the only one and they could not insure me it would be fixed. Second morning no hot water, called the desk they told me I was not only one and may not be fixed by the next morning. They said they would get some information and me call right back. I waited around, never received a call back. On the way out I bumped into a guy in the elevator who told me he had changed rooms because he had no hot water. That evening when we returned to the hotel I called and spoke to manager and explained everything. He tried to convince me this was the first they new of the problem, and that I was the only one with an issue and he would get it fixed. All hotels log complaints, he new much better then I did they have a problem with their hot water system. They sent a guy up, who was very nice and realized this was just game. They finally admitted they could not fix it. The manager never admitted they have problems with their hot water system that appears to be ongoing. They finally moved us to a room with hot water.
When I say my problem is with the management, when you travel you will have a problem from time to time that is unavoidable. Your problem may be something other then hot water but how the management responds to the problem will be consistent. The fact that they feel its fine to charge me $300 a night for a room with no (not a little not warm) hot water is criminal. There are industry standards for items like this. They failed to make any effort to mitigate our inconvenience.
I guess I could have went there and begged for some money off, but if that what it takes they can keep it. I should have had the credit card company stop payment but we booked through Orbits so that would be a pain. So I ask if you go there and have problems with your hot water please write a review.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We have booked vacations at Vino Bello Resort a total of 4 times now using Travel to Go San Diego, beginning a couple of years ago. We absolutely love the location, facilities and staff. You could not ask for a friendlier or more knowledgable and helpful group of people. The rooms are large and the room service amazing! We love wine and wine tastings and with it location only about 10 minutes from Napa, it is the ideal location...... not too close and not too far from all the wineries we love the most. Best of all, it is such a wonderfully romantic place..... Whenever we go there we always get a one room suite, complete with a hot tub and fireplace. Amazing. We have and will continue to recommend Vino Bello Resort to all our friends and family.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Napa for a quick trip. Our jaws hit the floor with the value and beauty of the hotel. Amenities are wonderful and we were thankful to catch up on laundry in room. However, we were disappointed by time wasted with staff error. We were assigned to the wrong room... Unlocked the door to be enamoured by the beauty... And devastated we were in someone else's room. 30 mons later someone brought up new room keys. Air conditioning broke, waited another 30 mins to be fixed. Still waiting on billing errors to be corrected because they couldn't figure out how to bill our credit card beyond an eight dollar charge. We loved the facilities, but wish we could've spent less time "fixing" things that should be caught and corrected by staff.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Vino Bello Resort? Share your experiences!