In the past I turned up my nose at the idea of trading my beautiful Hawaii timeshare for a glorified mobile home. After reading good reviews we decided to give Riverpointe a try. I am not sorry we did. Yes, the units are small but they are not old or run down or old fashioned in my opinion and we generally stay at Mariotts, Westins, Hilton etc. They are cutsied up mobile homes and considering the space limitations, I think they are very attractive and comfortable. The high ceilings and numerous large windows help create an airy and cheerful space. The resort realizes they have minuses to overcome and do what they can, such as providing high quality comfortable beds, good linens, thick Egyptian cotton towels, good quality appliances, etc.
The public amenities such as the club house, pool and spas are not lavish but are more than adequate. We used the grills on a few occassions and they are conveniently placed for a short walk from most units. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and the resort activities such as wine tasting evenings are wonderful. We enjoyed walking along the river in the morning and appreciated the fact that Walmart is .20 mile away, the Wine Train is .80 mile away, and if you feel ambitious you can walk to downtown. The location is great and that makes up for many minor short comings. If I could substitute a fancier resort on the same grounds that would be fantastic, but let's face it, that isn't possible. Only you can say whether the trade off between convenience and luxury is worth it for you. I have no idea why a previous reviewer said that the pictures did not match the resort in real life. Everything looked exactly as shown in the photos as far as I could see.
Napa is a desireable travel destination and Riverpointe places you right in the heart of restaurants, shops and wineries. It gives you the means to cook some of your own meals if you like. The location is quiet, peaceful and scenic, and the individual units insure that you don't have noisy neighbors above, below or on the other side of the next wall you as you'd have with a hotel. We enjoyed our stay and I would happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RiverPointe Napa Valley is a resort that will suit any type of vacation. We offer studio and one-bedroom cottages. Guests enjoy room amenities such as an outdoor deck, fully-equipped kitchen, king/queen sized bed, sofa sleeper, and deluxe bathrooms. Additionally, on-site amenities include indoor/outdoor games, outdoor heated swimming pool, two outdoor hot tubs, and complimentary laundry facilities. Our delightful country cottages are sure to give you the vacation you have always wanted. Minimum age required at check-in is 21. Please note that there is a daily resort fee of USD 11.00, plus tax. This fee will include Internet and parking. We’re always hard at work to improve your vacation experience. That’s why from 5/11/2015 to 5/28/2015, RiverPointe Napa Valley Resort is undergoing some renovations. Specifically, the exteriors of all the chalets. We understand that renovations are sometimes an inconvenience. You may notice some construction noise, and certain areas of the resort may be closed. However, the resort will still be open, and there’s still plenty of room for fun, relaxation, and savoring Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your RiverPointe Napa Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverpointe Napa Valley Hotel Napa
- Riverpointe Hotel Napa
- RiverPointe Napa Valley Resort CA