“Loved our stay” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast Value Offer
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Napa
“Loved our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for a night with my husband and pug.
First of all, LOVE that it's pet friendly!
Second, they have a terrific wine cave and tasting room... no driving needed- ended up joining their wine club which gives you a discount on their rooms!!
Third, the property is very nice... pretty pool area, nice look out onto the vineyards, which is above the wine tasting cave and you can even walk through them to an over look of Napa...
Fourth, they have a free shuttle that runs between he hotel and downtown Napa, so no driving needed for shopping or dinner! They will drop you off right in front of your restaurant and just give them a call after and they come get you!
Fifth, the staff are so polite and friendly.
Sixth, Nice restaurant there, which has a nice brunch! pretty yummy!
Also we didn't go but they have a bowling alley which becomes kind of like a club I believe after a certain hour, adults only I believe...
Could not have loved this hotel more...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MeritageHotelManager, Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for a lovely review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback. We definitely wish that you'll join us for a game of bowling next time at the Crush Ultra Lounge. Please come back soon so we can continue to provide you with our world-class guest service. We look forward to your return, and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

No amenities. I'll say it again. No amenities. No available upgrade. No phone docking station. No movie rental channels. Very basic room that's really about $159, instead of the $400+ charged. Nothing special. Peeling wallpaper, tired linens, patched holes in walls not painted over, no door lock mechanism, "free" Chardonnay (no one drinks Chard anymore), broken ice maker. If I hadn't been at a work conference I woulda left and gotten my money back.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. Our complimentary wine bottle upon check in is just simply a token of our appreciation for our guests, and we are sorry you didn't feel it was worth it. Our location is very convenient to all of the attractions in Napa, so there is no need to spend extra time in the room! We hope that you'll give us another chance, and we look forward to your return to Napa!
Manteca, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We truly loved our stay here. We were only getting away for the night and wanted a place where we could both wine taste, have a cocktail and not have to drive. We picked the perfect place. We were both able to taste wine in the amazing in-cave tasting room. Marc poured our selections and he was very knowledgeable too. At check in we were greeted with an amazing staff who took care of everything we needed, we were even able to check in 4 hours early and they upgraded us to a better room with a balcony and view of the vineyard. Krissy, who checked us in even sent a special note with strawberry and chocolate platter. Everything was first class. I loved the turn down service and chocolate on our pillows. The Spa Tera deserves 6 stars if they were available. Lauren was my masseuse and it was by far the best massage I've ever had. We enjoyed burgers and drinks poolside, the glass fire pit was relaxing and enjoyable, we played shuffleboard in the Ultra Lounge and walked the grounds. The staff was beyond accommodating and pleasant. Couldn't be happier with the resort, we became members and can't wait to go again. This place is a class act. There is much more I can say but I hope you will go for yourself and experience it!

Room Tip: Book a cheaper room and ask for an upgrade! Also, use iPrefer to book, you get a guaranteed upgrade...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for an excellent review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Marc, Lauren & Krissy will certainly be recognized for their efforts in assisting you! The Spa Terra is quite lovely, and we appreciate your compliments about it! We hope that you'll join us for a bite next time in the Siena Restaurant! We look forward to your return, and hope to see you again soon!
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This resort is spectacular! Beautiful morning views from the patio off our room. As clean as any hotel we've enjoyed. People were great and the conference facilities were top notch. Very quiet rooms and did I mention how CLEAN and fresh everything was? The rate was fair and we enjoyed to courtesy van to downtown every evening. Don't pass up the chance to ask the driver what favorite DVD to show on the way to town!

Room Tip: 3rd floor view was especially good of wine country
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MeritageHotelManager, Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for a spectacular review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to provide your comments and feedback. We hope that you'll continue to choose us whenever you visit Napa. Be sure to stop in for a bite at the Siena Restaurant, or a game of bowling at the Crush Ultra Lounge. We look forward to your return to the Meritage Resort & Spa!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was so excited to be able to spend a night at the Meritage, afterall, the pix on their website show such a gorgeous property. Once we finally pulled onto the property, i thought my phone gps was lost, it seemed more like a condo complex to me more than a luxury resort.
We arrived earlier than normal check-in time and was told that there's room avail for us immediately. Great start! We were given a standard room with 2 double beds and not much else, including room to maneuver our 1 suitcase & a baby stroller around. 3/4 of the window view is a brick wall that is less than 10 feet away and the other 1/4 is a distant view of the adult pool (believe the room was #257). I was so appalled. This is what north of $400 got me? We promptly turned around, went back downstairs and asked for another room with a king bed (which was what we had booked). We were told that at that point no room with a king bed was avail, we would prob have to wait for a couple of hours (no problem) and that it would be an ungrade with additional costs (what????????????). We were hesitant to shell out any more money, and the representative told us he would check with the manager to see if he would allow the upgrade for free which the manager did (thank you Matt).
We finally got a room with a better view...though it was still underwhelming. I'd say that these room should go for ~$200/nite instead of $400.
The entire resort has more of a corporate feel to it, which i don't blame since it's surrounded by corporate buildings & offices, rather than a i'm-close-to-nature-resort. We were also talked into attending a timeshare event in exchange for a free dinner which is another turn off (reminds me of Cabo).
anyhow, I am glad we were only there for 1 night, anymore and I would feel even worst about money not well spent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. We feel that there is so much to do on our property which makes it worth it! Bowling, wine tasting, vineyards, Siena Restaurant and the Spa Terra to name a few. We would love the opportunity to make up for your previous experience, and hope that you'll join us again soon. We look forward to your return!
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'll make this quick. I am a hotelier by trade, and so have a critical eye when I stay at other hotels.

I was in Napa for a business trip, hosted at the Meritage. Over the two days there, I experienced their service from all aspects, including the Front Desk and Housemen, to the bar and restaurant, and even catering.

I found it superb, enjoyable, relaxing, and deeply wishing my wife had been able to join me on this particular trip.

My only caution is that the buildings are huge. You might be saddled with quite a hike to get to and from your room. All in all, a very small price to pay for an experience of this caliber.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for an excellent review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, especially since you have so much industry experience! Please be sure to drop in for a game of bowling or a drink next time at the Crush Ultra Lounge. We hope that you'll continue to choose us whenever visiting the Napa are, and we look forward to your return!
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel was great. Very spacious rooms. Make sure you get a room on 3rd floor with a view of the vineyard behind the hotel on the hill. COuldn't walk the vineyard b/c they had trails closed to build a deck but there is a walk out of main road up the the grape crusher statue park and it has great views. The Cave Spa was great-- recommend the Cave Stone massage. Best massage I have ever had. I think the guy was Mervis (or something close to that). he was great. The spa was great and felt secluded as a spa should. I was too hot with the robes- wished they had been thinner than they were but that was my only complaint and that's really not even a complaint.
The pool was nice- seemed to run behind restocking towels regularly though. Water pitcher by pool was nice. Sadly, they kept plastic cups in their sleves they arrived in- didn't make for a pretty presentation. They needed more staff to wander taking drink and food orders but could go to the bar and order. Bathrooms near by were inside by conference room so that felt funny going inside in my swimsuit but was fine. Pool gates slammed and was noisy. They need a slow closing hinge.

The hotel was nice. Wished they had water pitchers through out the premises. Before we arrived, I left two different messages for concierge about bike rental. They never returned my calls so I rented a road bike for my husband in Sonoma. This hotel is not walking distance to the town of Napa or Sonoma. Need a car. It is also a little strange b/c it is within an office park. Great hotel though.
Maids were good at keeping the rooms clean but we drank tea one morning and they never restocked the tea. Over all good experience. We had a confernce dinner in cave for about 200 people. Hard to hear each other to talk b/c of sound- it was noisy. They did stage with speakers in an alcove and the ends of the rooms couldn't see/hear the speakers. Better if smaller group.

Room Tip: 3rd floor over looking hill with vineyard. our room was great. 4335.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for a great review! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for any shortcomings or miscommunications you encountered during your visit. Spa Terra is certainly a treat, and we are pleased that you took advantage of it! We hope that you'll join us again and we look forward to your return to Napa!

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!