“The Meritage Resort and Spa” 5 of 5 stars

The Meritage Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   875 Bordeaux Way, Napa, CA 94558   |
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Redwood City, California
“The Meritage Resort and Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently stayed at The Meritage Resort in Napa for business and it was a great experience. The property itself is quite beautiful and the staff was very welcoming. There are a significant amount of amenities located on the property so you won't have to leave for anything, but downtown Napa is extremely close in the event that you do. I would recommend staying at The Meritage Resort and Spa to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Meritage01, General Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
We appreciate you choosing The Meritage Resort and Spa as your destination in the Napa Valley. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay at the resort. Our staff prides themselves in knowing that our standard of service is being met. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Meritage Resort and Spa on your next trip to Napa.

(707) 251-1901

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed here for just 1 night, but wished we could have stayed more!

From my early morning phone call to inquire about early check-in, the staff here were nothing but attentive and friendly. They were very kind to accomodate my early check-in. The gentleman who checked us in was very welcoming and did a good job of explaining the resort lay out and features as it was our first time here.

We had a 2nd floor pool view room (no balcony). The room was clean and spacious, bathroom was a good size with nice tub/shower and I always appreciate when there is a seperate closet for the toilet. The room did have a mini-fridge and the comlimentary bottle of wine and waters were very appreciated. Parking is included as is wi-fi. Nice to get a cup of coffee in the morning down in the lobby too!

One of the things I enjoyed most about this resort was walking amongst the trails in their vineyards on the hill. We also played a fun game of bocce soaked in the hot tub. There are actually 2 pools and 3 hot tubs. The resort is a bit large, but I enjoy walking. The fitness center looked pretty well equipped. We didn't take advantage of their shuttle to Napa that they run, but since the resort is about 5 miles from downtown, that's a nice feature if you want to enjoy some drinks and not worry about driving.

We enjoyed breakfast and dinner at Siena restaurant, but next time I would definitely check out The Blend, a little gelato breakfast bar for breakfast or lunch!

Would have loved to tour the wine tasting room in the cave or sample the spa....next time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at The Meritage Resort and Spa. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff works hard to accommodate our guests’ needs and it is very rewarding to hear that they were able to help you with your needs. We have a lot of things on site to do for our guests. The vineyard trails and bocce ball courts are two favorites – I am glad you we able to experience them both.

I am sorry to hear that you did not have enough time to visit the spa or do a wine tasting in the cave. Let me know when you are headed back this way and we can work something out for you. We look forward to having you back to the resort.

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The visit began with a rude employee hastily checking me in with no explanation of the resort, the parking, the amenities, or anything else. Keep moving and get out of my way was the attitude of the day.

Next, the room was pleasant enough, but upon opening the window, we discovered only the view of a ridiculous dirty wall and cooling unit, along with some ridiculous scary looking plastic owl, I suppose to keep the bird poop away. It wasn't working.

Check out was no more friendly. And when we realized we left something behind after checking out, we called many times, and e-mailed as well, but were always given the run around.

For what is supposed to be a top-quality hotel, I was left with the distinct impression that these people just didn't care. And it's impossible to get a hold of anyone there who does. Terrible experience, I would go to the Super 8 before I went back here.

And to top it all off, a few weeks later, discovered I'd been double-billed by the hotel. Judging by the quality of the service, I wouldn't be shocked if this was a scam done in the hopes that I wouldn't be vigilant about my credit card bill. These people simply can't be trusted.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you choosing to stay at The Meritage Resort and Spa during your visit to the Napa Valley. I am extremely disappointed to hear that your stay was anything less than perfect. Please accept my apologies for the negative issues you experienced while staying at the resort. Our goal is to make sure all guests finish their stay with us feeling refreshed and fulfilled.

Please reach out to me directly to discuss further.

Richmond, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Good staff and service, and the rooms are ok, although our view was of a staff entrance and service area. Food is okay, but you can find much better in the area. But overall, this place disappointed me. I was hoping for a resort, and instead got a hotel that charges a resort fee. They recently added a bunch more rooms here, but now there isn't enough parking or pool space now. The "bartender" at the pool bar didn't know what a high-ball or a Tom Collins was, as nice as she was. Also, a pet peeve - wine served around the pool bar come in huge plastic solo cups. I mean- come in - this is Napa! I understand no glass by the pool, but maybe some smaller cups?? And the location is a bit odd - in a corporate park. Overall, not a "bad" base for exploring Napa, but not a "good" one either.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you choosing to stay at The Meritage Resort and Spa during your visit to the Napa Valley. I am glad to hear that the staff was accommodating and was able to serve your needs. Thank you for your feedback. Our team works hard to maintain a superb level of service to our guests. Feedback of any kind is appreciated and needed to uphold our guests’ expectations.

Please reach out to me directly to discuss further.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed for just 1 night during May 2012 for a family trip. We booked 3 rooms, and although weren't put in rooms close together, we were happy with them. Prices were steep, but the facilities were all very clean and luxurious. Each room came with a bottle of wine (zinfandel from their own Trinitas line), 2 Dasani water bottles as well as coffee/tea etc. The resort fee was $20/day, which I guess covered this even if you don't count other stuff they list under the resort fee, like wifi, pool etc. The beds were very comfortable, not something I can say about all the nice hotels I've stayed at. We only used the main pool and hot tub next to the lobby, their map says they also have children pools the next building over (Vino Bello), but we never made it there, even though we had 3 toddlers in our party-they refused to leave the big pool! I assumed we can use them, but never checked with front desk. Two of our rooms were in the main building, with views of the pool and their vineyard. The third room was in the next building over (the newer wing I think), which has a seating area that opens out into the inner courtyard. This wing only has a hot tub. We also tried their spa services (Spa Terra), very nice experience. Their tasting room is next to the spa, and both are built into the hillside underneath their vineyard. Overall, we were pleased by what was offered. Would've been nice to get rooms closer together (we did request ahead at booking), but the resort was pretty happening (weddings/meetings) that weekend so it was ok, not a dealbreaker. It was a relaxing family trip, made more memorable in this nice setting.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing The Meritage Resort and Spa for your stay in the Napa Valley. It’s great to hear you loved our beds and got a good night’s rest while you were here. It sounds like you were able to relax at Spa Terra as well; always a good thing to hear. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort on your next visit to wine country.

San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I live in the SF Bay area and occasionally travel to Napa for Meetings. On several occasions, we have held the meetings at the Meritage. Based on my experience today, I will probably not return. The Meritage just added a new building with about 140 rooms and I was very unhappy with my stay. My keys didn't work, the air conditioning wasn't functioning correctly, and the wifi system insisted that I was not a registered guest, so I couldn't get wifi. There was no hotel information in the room, no room service menu, etc. I called to get a room service menu and I received a tri fold piece of paper with mostly snack type items (pizza, burger, etc). I tried to just chalk this up to growing pains, but what sent me over the edge was the $20 per night resort fee...I felt ripped off. The Meritage is not really a resort. It is a faux Mediterranean styled collection of buildings clustered around a pool. With the addition of the new building, they added an exercise room and billiards room with 3 bowling lanes. All of this is nice, but it just doesn't have the feel or amenities that I would expect in a "Resort". The location is also odd...on the outskirts of town surrounded by low rise office space. I will say that the staff are exceptionally friendly and are very customer service oriented. It just wasn't enough to make up for all of the hassles.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing The Meritage Resort and Spa. After reviewing your feedback, I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us did not meet our standards. I have shared all of your feedback with the management team and we have handled all of the listed issues. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss further.

Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed up in Napa on Friday the 18th of May at the Meritage and could not have been more impressed! I was assigned a room in their new wing and wow was it nice! The room was very clean, the look was elegant and the feel was incredibly comfortable!
Had a chance to hit their Crush Ultra Lounge and it was packed...Keith the bartender - excellant - made sure my drink was always cold and full and the bowling was a blast!
Breakfast the next morning was pancakes and it had this wonderful citrus cream on top...a great way to start the day.
I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Meritage01, General Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Hello and thank you for choosing to stay at The Meritage Resort and Spa on your visit to Napa. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our resort and all of our new amenities. The bowling alley has been a big hit and it is great to hear that you took advantage of it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort on your next visit to wine country.

(707) 251-1901

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!