“Delicious breakfast and...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Delicious breakfast and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

Delicious breakfast and baked goods. A Napa must!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“yummy breakfast items & fun pistachio cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

yummy breakfast items & fun pistachio cake

South Padre Island, Texas
“Nice casual little place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

My daughter and I ate lunch here last month on our vacation to Napa. Thought the food was very good. My daughter had the salmon ceasar salad and I had a grilled chicken sandwich served on a homemade roll. Great cold beverages. I had a iced green tea that was tasty and my daughter had an iced chai tea. You place your order at the front counter and they deliver to your table and our food came out very fast. It reminded me of a restaurant you would see in Austin, very laid back vibe. We heard they are known for their breakfast pastries but we are not really breakfast people so we decided to try them for lunch and we are glad we did!

Napa, CA
“Poor Service, overpriced fare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

Entering ABC it is easy to be distracted by the mouthwatering pastry display right in front of the door. However it is not long before this gave way to the disorientating chaos of the restaurant, my girlfriend and I, residents of Napa, have been to ABC twice and both experiences were bad enough that we have sworn to never go back.

The first time we waited for seats with friends for 30 minutes, when two tables came open at the same time (one a four seater and one a two seater) the host gave the four seater to the couple immediately ahead of us in line only realizing later that this would force us to wait longer (we asked the couple to trade tables but they refused further dimming our perception of ABC-what kind of clientele is that?)

The second time we went, after waiting 15 minutes we were seated at the communal table. Prepared for a tasty brunch I ordered the corncake pancakes and my girlfriend ordered the cream cheese omelet with salmon and chives and we waited, and waited, and waited. After an eternity of waiting we realized that our problems during the first visit mirrored our problems now: poor management, lack of organization caused long waits for seats and even longer waits for the food.

When the food finally came, maybe it was just that the waiting had soured our moods but my corncakes tasted a little and monotonous after the first few bites and my girlfriend's omelet was entirely overdone with too much cream cheese. On top of this the bill for the entire experience came out to be around $70 (with juices and coffees).

If you are looking for breakfast in Napa I recommend the Buttercreme Bakery: triple the service and taste, for a third of the price,