“Great service but I wish the food was better” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Silverado Trail and Soscol
Kemah, Texas
“Great service but I wish the food was better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten Mexican food all over the world. Coming from Texas I eat a lot of it. This food was prepared with fresh ingredients but just did not have great flavor. The taco shells were greasy and the chicken filling was runny. I would say the atmosphere was great as was our service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

La Habra, California
“Nice outdoor atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Sat on the deck which was fun. I would rate
the food just average.

Visited June 2012
WongRamirez, Owner at Compadres Rio Grille, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you for visiting Compadres while you were in the area. I am glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere - we think that we have the most unique venue in The Valley.
I am concerned that you found our food to be only average as our in-house customer surveys are overwhelminly positive about what we call Western Cooking with a Mexican Accent. What did you have?
Thanks again,
Rick Enos
COMPADRES RIO GRILLE
(707) 253-1111
rmenos@aol.com
Springfield, Oregon
“Right across the street !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We walked across the street from RiverPointe Napa Valley Condos for a delicious "Tuesday $1.00 Taco and Happy Hour beverages". The tacos, chips, salsa and beverages were delicious.

Visited May 2012
Vacaville, California
“If you like Mexican food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

some creative dishes here with lots of variety. I used to go when the steel drum band was playing on the patio, but I'm not sure they've been there in a while. You can get a table on the river which is quaint, or sit inside. Better than your average Mex restaurant.

Napa, California
“Exceptional food and presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Compadres Rio Grille March 15, 2012, the last time I had eaten there was over 4 years ago and I was hopeful the experience and quality of food would be better. The food was incredible! Presentation was inviting and beautiful! Service was the best we have had in Napa in quite some time. The pollo con mole was perfectly done and very tasty, chile relleno and chicken taco were far bette than any other Mexican restaurant in Napa or Sonoma. We shall return soon, and often!

• Visited March 2012