“Good lunch spot” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Second
Description: Downtown Joe's Brewery is built into the historic Oberon Building on the Napa River. It has a full bar, river view dinning room and outdoor seating.
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
“Good lunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We drove over to Napa from our lodging in Sonoma. Since we wanted to eat on the water (Napa River) we chose Downtown Joe's. We got a table riverside only to find lots of construction going on as the town was working on a flood control plan for the river. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant view. The food, however, was excellent - I chose a bison burger with fries. The service was prompt and efficient. The prices were reasonable. There is lots of construction in Napa, and many empty stores. No fault of Downtown Joe's, but we much preferred the ambience of Sonoma.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Delicious meal and great beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very nice place to relax and enjoy a burger and beer. Nice outdoor patio. Service was very good. I had the burger and it was huge. You definitely will not leave hungry. Reasonable prices.

Santa Rosa, California
“brew pub with baggage”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This gripe about Downtown Joes may not resonate with some folks but I like a good craft brew at a working mans price. That is why I am a happy hour kind of beer drinker. So, I go into pub and get a happy hour pint at the bar for 4 bucks. Ok, I am used to a 3 buck pint for happy hour but I pay the bartender who assures me that is a great price for Napa! So, I go out and sit on the patio and order some food and another pint, still during happy hour. So, to make a long story endless, that same pint of brew is now 6 bucks. The added ambiance of the mud flat called the Napa River doesn't warrant another 2 bucks, in my opinion. At any rate, I went across the street and you could get a much better IPA for 3 bucks and sit outside on the street patio where the people watching is much more interesting than the mud flat viewing. That's it.

“Love me, some joe's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Downtown Joe's, is the best. Love the food and the drink! The service is awesome. No matter where you are from they make you feel welcome. If you visit Napa, you have to go to downtown Joe's!

Tampa, Florida
“Great Pub Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I were very pleased with the quality of the food and the friendly service. The patio outside is nice with lovely views of the park and river. We had the bison burger and bangers and mash, respectively. Both were prepared well and very tasty.

• Visited July 2014