“Great food, ok service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Angele is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 254 Restaurants in Napa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business, Scenic view, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th St.
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great food, ok service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I visited in September 2013, dining alone. I was never offered the chance to eat at the bar, but later noticed others doing so. The restaurant has a great atmosphere, the food is excellent - my steak was cooked to perfection, so tender. The service was at mixed, at times fantastic, but others poor. I booked a table, arriving slightly early so was pushed to wait until my booked time for an outside table, and wait I did. I was offered a smaller table in a corner, which I accepted, but was almost forgotten at times. I was given the wrong starter, but they passed it off as a gesture of good will for my wait, bringing the correct starter also. The service then improved and I was treated impeccably, although did have to wait for my bill and to pay. The food was faultless though, but I'd suggest solo diners ask to eat at the bar as you won't be offered that option.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“Nice surprise for a casual lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I spent some time in Napa recently for a weekend of wining and dining. Although most of our dining plans were pre-planned, our trip to Angele was not...we stopped by for a late lunch, with no expectations, and I was very pleasantly surprised by possibly the best Nicoise salad I have ever had...and I told the waiter just that. Not that I am an expert, but I have had a few Nicoise salads in my day.

Now that I am back home, I still think about that darn salad. Should have asked them about what made it so great!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, CA
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice service. Above average food. Decent location. Certainly not the best Napa has to offer. Tiny portions.

Visited September 2013
Dunedin, Florida
“Beautiful and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We loved the food and the atmosphere of this restaurant! Beautiful location and great service! Would definitely go back and recommend!

Visited September 2013
Ventura, California
“Foo Foo Fail!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm must have dined at the wrong Angele. Service was too Bourgeoisie and the food was sickening. Best thing on the menu was the baguette (which was prop ably bought from the next door bakery) and the Mac and Cheese. My husband's lamb was flavorless,cooked 2 different ways and served cold! The rosemary covering tasted like cardboard. My braised pork with the lentil stew and apples was disgusting. I was sick all night. Overpriced and a Napa disappointment.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere