“July 10, 2013” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Lethbridge, Canada
“July 10, 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This may be a 60's vintage motel, but we found it clean, with good value for the money. We would stay here again. It is a basic motel but well kept. I found the old style carport parking kind of neat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Napa, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Recently booked a room for relatives, gave my credit card for them to hold it and when the relatives showed up- they had given the room away. It is already highway robbery to pay $189 for this dump in Napa. I live in Napa and I know. But then for them to lie and say they contacted me to find out if I was still wanting the room..... I don't think so. Let me repeat...they had my credit card- what more do they want- are they trying to get double for the room? Bad business, unprofessional. What good is a reservation with this hotel if they decide to resell your room when you are not there by 6 pm????

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Cute, clean room for a great price, when everything else around is overpriced. Even have private shaded parking for each room. Nice cold A/C & flat screen TV. Close, less than 1 mile, to fun downtown area.

• Stayed July 2013
Ojai, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a motel, most likely built in the 30's or 40's and cheaply and inconsistantly updated. Strong smell of bleach in our room and it was too hot to open our windows and unfortunately, it triggered a massive headache. Had to make due, keeping the window air conditioner on all nite due to the heat (& it was very noisy).

Discovery Inn is a very basic 14 x 14 room but it was clean and had a flat-screen TV with lots of channels. Flat screen TV but the cheapest, thinnest towels I have ever seen. My husband said they were the same towels he had in 8th grade gym class! (I thought they were large tea towels!)

Overall I would say that this is a last resort pick. If you have another option, even for more money, stay at option #2 instead. We Hot-wired this and frankly, had we not pre-paid, we would have cancelled out upon arrival. We still had to pay close to $90 thru Hotwire, so not such a good deal.

I think this motel would suffice for college kids traveling thru the Napa Valley or a road weary solo person.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fresno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is a nice hotel right on the Silverado Trail about 5 minutes from Downtown Napa. Nice and quiet with only about fifteen rooms. The hotel manager is very nice nice and helpful. Would recommend this place to people who what a nice hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I called after finding an online booking and they met the price for me over the phone which I appreciated. They also helped set up a great wine tour for us! The rooms are private, parking provided and items available for breakfast. Free wifi! Overall this was a great place to stay as its close to downtown and the staff was very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I read a lot of reviews on this property. Most were unpleasant. I chalked a lot of that up to snooty patrons trying to get a bargain. My husband and I stayed for three full nights, and had no issues. It was quiet, and comfortable. I am used to roughing it, and thought, so it's an old hotel, there is bound to be a few issues. To be quite frank, we had a very good time here. We found the management to be very friendly They even invited us to watch fireworks with them on 4th of July evening, which we did. I think sometimes people need to be a litle less judgmental, and try a little kindness. The way that people treat you, is a reflection of how you treat them. Thank you for a wonderful get away. We will be back. (cabin 14 :) On a side note. There was a beautiful white and black patchy kitty with green eyes. So pretty. She is wild, but friendly if you like cats. If you see her please be nice :) She has her own routine each evening, and is non-confrontational. We also saw a mother and baby deer walk through the back grassy area. Probably 50 yards from where we were sitting. (There were no goats, as someone else had posted a picture in their review. It must have been posted in anger)

Room Tip: Any room is quiet, but one in the back off the street would be best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Napa Discovery Inn? Share your experiences!