“Good Value and Location” 3 of 5 stars

Napa Discovery Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94559   |
Ranked #22 of 27 hotels in Napa
Palm Springs, California
“Good Value and Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went wine tasting in Napa and needed a place to stay cheap. Price was very reasonable compared to other motels in area. Owners said that they have owned it for 25 years so it is dated but my room was kept up and clean and decent carpet.Had satellite TV which was a plus over other more pricey hotels with basic minimum channels. No snack machines except Pepsi and ice. Rooms did not have in room coffee which I think is a must. Breakfast was very basic with wrapped rolls, bagels and bread. Had 2 cereals and instant oatmeal, bananas and coffee and tea. But hey with something to get you started early it was OK. You can always go to a fancy restaurant and pay plenty for the same type of items. It did have a lot of covered parking which was nice. In the back of the motel I saw a wild deer grazing which was a treat. It is at the start of the Silverado Wine Trail so that was a plus. All in all i would stay there again for the price and convenience. When done wine tasting and eating all you want to do is sleep anyway.

Room Tip: Stay here and save your money for good wine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Concord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is a great find. My husband and I came to go up in a hot air balloon and we needed 2 nights. Not many rooms available so he booked us at Napa Discovery Inn. Really cute! It isn't a palace...it is small. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. Satellite TV was an unexpected bonus. Refrigerator with freezer compartment, microwave...all good. We loved the fact that our car was right outside the door. No shared walls with other rooms so it was quiet. The manager was very personable and I am sure if we had a problem he would have been eager to solve it...but we had no problems! Only thing I think was missing was a bathtub (shower only - but it is a spacious shower) but I never use the tub anyway. Very good value. Good for newlyweds (no shared walls -wink, wink)!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had to stay near by for work in Napa, and I booked this place through hotwire; I really only need a place to lay down my head, so I was not picky. The fee for the night was $150, which is very pricey considering what you actually get: a dingy, smelly, moldy hotel room, and the complimentary breakfast is more like ready-bought pastries.

What happened was, I accidentally left my valuable Tempurpedic Pillow - also worth $150 in the room and the problem is, I live over 2 hours away and will not return until July. I contacted the owner/manager/rude person Andy and tried to arrange a pick-up through USPS, UPS, FEDEX - all in which did not work because Andy refused to cooperate with me. I even offered to Pay for it to be shipped just to have my pillow back because I get back pains and neck pains.

After numerous failed attempts and frustration, the only thing I got was bad attitude and rudeness from Andy. I got busy with work, so I didn't get a chance to arrange the pick up planned for July even though I told him I would be back in July. He probably didn't hear this because he was too busy arguing on the other end. Never during our exchange did he mention that the Housekeeping are instructed to throw away items after 30 days. He never called to notify me that he would throw away my pillow. He threw away my $150 pillow.

When I phoned today, he said: "I don't have any pillow" and tried to pretend he forgot all about this.

Please save yourself from being abused by a petty, cheap, inconsiderate inn owner.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We paid $77/nite for a place near lots of wineries and near middle of town (<1-mile). The motel room itself was a 2-star level, but the price plus lcation plus nice manager made it worth recommending. No real amenities to speak of othe than free Dish TV. But then agin, we spent 8am to 8pm wine tasting and dining that all we needed was a quiet place to crash.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of wine tasters. I had 2 double beds in my motel style room. The beds were comfy but would have benefitted from a quilt as it was a little chilly at night. The reception had fresh tea and coffee and water and bagels and cereal that you could help yourself to for breakfast. Nothing fancy but clean and a good nights sleep. Loved watching the deer round the back of the place. About 10 minutes walk into Napa town and right in the heart of the vineyards.

• Stayed May 2012
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

After reading the previous reviews, I was nervous about staying here. Turns out they have remodeled, replaced all carpet, and no longer accept pets. The room did not smell at all, but the bathroom had chipping paint and an older feel. Rooms are duplex style, so you only have one room next to you. I'm 5'11" and had to duck to get through the doorway into the bathroom in unit 14, and had to bend over to wash my hair. The ceiling in the rest of the room was taller. Air conditioner worked fine and the TV has Dish. Microwave and mini fridge in the room were convenient. The office has a water dispenser to fill up water bottles and bagels, pastries, toast and cereal are included for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is basic and functional, reasonably centrally located about a 20 min walk into the centre of Napa. If all you need is a bed for the night in a clean room and don't want to pay much then this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Napa Discovery Inn? Share your experiences!