“DELISH !” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Washington DC area
“DELISH !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

We were looking for a place to eat before heading home. Our original plan was to stop for one final lunch, but having lingered too long in the vineyards, it was about 4:30 - the Pearl, where we had planned to go to sample their oysters, wasn't yet open and we didn't want to wait. We were literally just driving around when I spotted Zuzu and vaguely remembered that I'd read some positive reviews...

OMG the place is great!!!! I'm a tapas freak and this place definitely does not disappoint. You'll find your favorite tapas sometimes with subtle variations on the original to incorporate a superb local ingredient. In addition to the tapas you know and love, you will have an opportunity to taste some of the chef's own creations. If you are a meat eater, do try both the lamb chops and the Niman Ranch flatiron steak. The quinoa coated pork was also superb.

The wine list was very nice in that it had some wonderful Sonoma and Napa wines, but it also had some hard to find favorities from Spain, Argentina, and Chile. I had had my fill of wine and had the black beer from Brazil - Xingu. WOW !

It's easy to miss this place or to pass it by in favor of a more elaborate restaurant. But, doing so would really be a shame...

New York, NY
“It's not bad.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

We decided to go to this restaurant based on the high reccomendations in this site. All I can say is that I'm glad I went but I don't think I will be coming back again.

My husband and I absolutely love Tapas, and don't get me wrong...the food that we had at Zuzu's wasn't bad but at the same time it wasn't as great as the other reviews made it sound to be either. The only item that was exceptional is the lamb in Moroccan BBQ sauce. All of the other items are pretty standard.

Despite of all that, we still enjoyed the food and had an overall great time. The ambiance was nice and the service was good.

If some of you ever get the chance to go to NYC, please do try Casa Mono or Tia Pol and you will understand why I wasn't able to give this place 5 stars. But like I said , it's still a good place to go and we did have a great time in there. If you're in the area, do try it and decide for yourself whether or not it's the best Tapas you've ever had.

Lancashire, England, UK
“You could miss it, but don`t.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

We had read the reviews on this site before we got to Napa. It was a good thing we did as we would have walked past without bothering as it only looks like a small cafe from the front. We were taken upstairs and had a fantastic meal with wine. It was the best and least expensive meal of our whole trip. The monkfish was excellent along with the lamb cutlets and the ...... I could go on and on. We were even given 3/4 of a bottle of wine from the lady at the next table, but don`t expect that every time.

Nutley, New Jersey
“Great Restaurant in Downtown Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

My boyfriend and I ate at ZuZu during Memorial Day wknd and it was delicious! We were looking for a change in food options, as we were eating italian and french almost every day. This was such an amazing find! We had no reservation but they seated us promptly. The Sangria was also a welcoming addition after wine tastings everyday. The small plates were amazing and our waiter helped us pick each dish.
When we return to Napa, we'll be sure to return to ZuZu!

Westchester, NY
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

This place is great for a quick bite after a long hot day. This tapas restaurant offers so many options it is bound to please most everyone. We arrived early in the evening and were seated right away but those planning to dine later on should probably call ahead. We enjoyed everything we ate. The place is casual, comfortable, and easy on the wallet. It has a nice bar if it's just a drink you are looking for. Delicious.