“Good food, but a bit snobby on the service.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Celadon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 249 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fifth St.
Description: Enjoy Celadon's award-winning 'Global Comfort Food' in our beautiful dining room or on the lovely courtyard. The seasonally influenced menu features flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Americas. We are located in the heart of downtown Napa in the Historic Napa Mill.
Denver, Colorado
“Good food, but a bit snobby on the service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

We went here for my birthday, but unfortunately as I had been indulging all weekend, I wasn't very hungry that night and just ordered a salad (never eaten just a salad before in my life, especially at a place where the food is the star). Anyway the waiter seemed disappointed and then when my husband only ordered a glass of wine and I abstained (again due to over-indulgence) the sommelier snubbed at my husbands questions as to which pinot noir would be best with the duck he was ordering. I was a bit stunned that such a nice place with a good reputation would behave like this. The hostess seemed very friendly though. With so many restaurants in the valley with great food, good service has to be part of the deal too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saratoga, California
“The Most Wonderful Restaurant in Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I hate to dine alone however, I wanted to try Celedon. They couldn't have been more cordial. The food was outstanding. I asked for the recipes and the hostess gave me a card with the recipes. From the moment I entered the restauant until I left was the most wonderful food, people and ambience. Definitely go here when you are in Napa. But don''t go to La Toque..........it is the worse restauant!!!

I would definitely come back here over and over again.

Maryland
“Fantastic Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

We had dinner at Celadon last week and were very impressed. The atmosphere was great, the server & host were very nice and the food was excellent. We sat outside on the covered pation right next to the fire pit which was great.

Both the Kobe steak & the Seabass were excellent. For desert we had the berry tart which was also great.

Next time in Napa, I will definitely eat here again.

Dublin, Ireland
“Superb meal - great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

This shows the excellence of tripadvisor as a source of advice on restaurants. It is deservedly the number one choice in Napa. We picked it for the one night we were going to be there flying in from Dublin and overnighting in Napa. 2 hours in immigration and 3 hours in awful traffic from SanFrancisco meant we had to ring 3 times to further delay the appointed time of our arrival and yet a table was still found for us in a timely manner when we got there. The meal was superb. The maine crab cakes were superb a real sweetness and excellent texture. My main was the pan seared sea bass with baby carrots and bok choy, shrimp miso sauce and shitake salad. This was taste heaven the sea bass was perfectly cooked and the shrimp sauce was a perfect complement and full of wonderful flavours. Service throughout the meal was friendly warm and prompt. A wonderful evening.

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

The restaurant was excellent. Great service and decor. The food was well presented and delicious. If I lived there I would be a regular.