“Melt in Your mouth Filets” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cole's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 249 Restaurants in Napa
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl St
PUNTA GORDA
“Melt in Your mouth Filets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great Service and Melt in your mouth filets we had a wonderful meal!

Visited April 2012

San Jose, California
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The Filet Mignon they serve just melts in your mouth.

Visited April 2012
Sioux Falls, SD
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This was by far our best meal in Napa. My wife loves lamb and she said their rack of lamb was the best she had ever had. The ribeye steak was prepared perfectly - medium rare. For desert I had pecan pie with Gutamalan Rum - Awsome! I would highly recommend the Chop House.

Visited March 2012
Coral Gables, Florida
“Not what I expect out of a expensive steakhouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

So disappointed!!! Coming from Miami, we have excellent steak houses and after dining at Cole's, I will not take them for granted any longer. My husband and I chose Cole's to celebrate our anniversary dinner (which they did nothing for), but even beside that, my steak was ordered medium and came out well. No, I didn't send it back because I waited long enough for it and was very hungry, so I just ate it, but it didn't taste good at all, it was all burnt, so all it tasted like was grill. My husband ordered the $64 surf and turf. His lobster and filet lacked flavor. He was very disappointed and we let the server know. He did thank us for letting him know, but that was it. All in all, it was the most expensive place we visited while in Napa, and it was the worst and this is out of 21 meals out, so that says a lot. :(

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vacaville, California
“Great place! Would recommend to friends and family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We just moved from Virginia so we've been trying places in our new "home". I've always been a fan of Morton's and Ruth's Chris, so going to a new chop house is something I'm always looking forward to! I made reservations four days in advance (we went on a Saturday evening) and received a call from the restaurant to confirm on Friday morning. We arrived on time (note: their valet parking is in BACK of the restaurant!) and were offered our choice of several tables immediately, or to wait and get a booth. We opted to wait and get a booth, and after about 20 minutes, were seated.

The wine list is FANTASTIC! It's a book unto itself! Shockingly, I started with a cocktail first as they had one that I hadn't tried before and well...I just felt like it. My wife ordered a glass of local chardonnay and it was terrific. We started out with their warm brie, accompanied by candied walnuts, chutney, and "croutons" - actually nice pieces of baguette. All were great. (Forgot to mention we got our first round of bread - I think the same baguette) and quickly finished it...another came without asking for it.

For dinner, my wife had their Atlantic salmon. Now having spent the last 10 years on the east coast, we've had a LOT of Atlantic salmon...she said it was by far the best she's ever had. And for the http://price...it was honestly a steal. We've paid $10+ more for the same thing at restaurants back in Virginia and Maryland. Being a steak-eater, I had their petite filet, which was excellent. It was very much the same as I've had at Morton's and Ruth's Chris...and I was very happy with it. I accompanied the filet with a glass of 2009 Carneros Pinot Nior, which was very nice. We also split a serving of Brussels sprouts. Yes, I know, those bring nightmares to some people, but once they're broiled in browned butter and bacon...come on...you can't beat them! And they were THAT good! They accompanied the filet I had very well.

We had to try dessert, and so we went with sharing the warm brownie with caramel gelato. OMG. Yes, It was THAT good. FANTASTIC. EXCEPTIONAL. WOW. Especially with whatever coffee they had brewing at the http://time...WOW...it was mind blowing. I would say that the rest of the food was really good, this was really, really, really good!

Things to note...the restaurant is LOUD. It was full while we were there, and sitting across the table from each other, we could carry on a conversation, but you'd be hard pressed to do it with more than two people. Of course, unless you talked loudly, which was what other people were doing...and it just made it louder. Whatever, that was fine with me, we could talk and hear each other, so that wasn't a worry. If you're looking for someplace quiet and candlelit...might want to check somewhere else. Dress code: Granted, we were here during the winter time (it was in the 40s outside) so it was pretty much a slack, sport coat, and open collar crowd. I didn't see any ties on anyone but the servers and staff. Ladies wore a mixture of slacks, dresses, jeans, sweaters, and blouses...pretty much the gamut. My wife wore a cocktail dress and fit in just fine. We did see a guy roll in wearing a t-shirt and ball cap, and saw a couple others wearing polo shirts...so the dress code isn't something that's really enforced. We also noticed some folks brought their kids in with them...we saw a couple kids in the 8-12 year category and one in a baby seat, but they didn't bother anyone (not that you could have heard them anyway!) I'm not sure if I'd bring my children there (okay, for the prices, I wouldn't...) but if you need to (e.g. if you're on vacation together, for instance) they're not unwelcome.

Our waiter was wonderful, and given the number of people who were in there who looked like they were...ahem..."toasty" before even ordering...I asked how often customers come in who had been doing wine tasting all day and he laughed and said told us that happens every day...this is quite the place for people who want a good steak after visiting the vineyards all day. I would agree with them - even though I hadn't been!

Overall, I was very happy with the experience. The total bill between my wife and I with tip ran about $160. We normally spend about $120-$140 at Ruth's Chris and Morton's, so I'd say this place runs about 10% more overall (though their salmon was a GREAT deal). The food and service is pretty much the same as you'd get at either of the other two places, so don't go expecting to have something you won't find anywhere else. BUT, if you want a great steak with a neat atmosphere in Napa, this is a perfect choice! We'll definitely be going back and I would highly recommend Cole's to friends and family.

• Visited December 2011