“Just a nice experience” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #150 of 220 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: - Breakfast, Lunch, & Diner - Seating capacity of up to 250 guests - Convenient parking with over 120 spots - Private Banquet room with seating capacity of up to 45 guests - Microbrewery with signature beer production - Full bar with large-screen HDTVs - Bakery - Online ordering for takeouts - Private ownership and operation
Napa, CA
“Just a nice experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Fourteen ladies and I went to Oventi at 11:30 today, just as they were opening. We were greeted and seated and the menu was explained to us by our wait staff. The in house made bread was served with butter and enjoyed by all. Orders were taken and we did have a wait, but there were 15 of us. The big hit was the steak sandwich on house made ciabatta, with fries and a small house salad for less than $10. Most took half the sandwich home. I had the calamari and it was done tender, served with a lovely salad for $11. Wait staff was attentive. Drinks were kept full and coffee was good. For the price and the service, this is a buy in Napa.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Napa, California
“Pleasantly Surprised!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were hesitant at first to try this place, but thought we should form our own opinion! We were pleasantly surprised!! I had the soup to start, creamed vegetable, VERY GOOD!! My husband had the chicken parmigiana and I had the Piquilo Pepper salad. They were both VERY GOOD!! The owner came around and asked how everything was. Really nice guy, it's always nice when the owner wants to know how things are. I'm one to let them know...good or bad! I appreciate that. Then we decided to try something different for dessert. Even though we didn't know what it was, we googled it and it looked good so we tried it! Talking about the Strawberry Mille Feuille...OMG it was DELICIOUS!! I highly recommend this place! Can't wait to go back and try something else on the menu.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
American Canyon, California
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My teenaged daughter and I ate lunch here today and we were both pleased. I had the grilled steak salad and she had a house salad and the spaghetti with truffle cream sauce. All the food was good and the service was excellent; everyone was very friendly and attentive. Couldn't ask for more! We will definitely return. Good luck, Oventi, you are a nice addition to North Napa.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
california
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have friday date nights with mom. So we decided to try the place in town since she lives close by. Expensive for what you get. $6 for a small amount pureed soup, $16 for chicken parmigiana which was dry & nothing came with it. A small vegetable appitizer for $7 which was good but not much to it, & a small $14 pizza with not much on it wich I asked for Extra done ( I like crunchy) it was still not cooked enough. I did like that they had ginger ale, was a nice change. Service was very nice & water girl kept glasses filled. When you pay so much for a meal it would be nice to include small cup of soup or salad. Think we'll stick with some of our old favorites.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Napa, California
“What a disappointment!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've been waiting months for this "neigborhood-style" restaurant to open. We went in a few days after it opened (used to be Marie Calendars) for dinner. The hostess seated us and apologized that they did not have enough menus for us?!? When the menus did arrive, we found them to be heavy folders with cheap plastic page protectors. The menu was printed on cheap printer paper - why didn't they just print the two dozen or so items on some nice legal-size heavy paper? The service was incredibly slow (well, it is a new restaurant). Anyway, I ordered ice tea (no liquor license yet?) and my son ordered rootbeer but had to change to Coke as they don't carry rootbeer. I ordered some Spanish-style croquettes and chicken parmigana. My son ordered the burger without the tomato confit. After about 40 minutes, all of our food arrived at once. The burger had to be sent back because, of course, they had put tomato confit on it. The croquettes tasted like hot mush and nothing else. I did like the vinegarette on the appetizer's salad. The chicken on the chicken parm must have crawled onto the plate and died of old age - it was dried out, old, and overcooked. The sauce tasted like tomato paste and the chef had doused the entire dish with dried Italian herbs. I took about three bites of the appetizer and chicken parm and threw in the towel. My son's burger finally arrived and was half the size of the bun; he also claimed it tasted weird. I can't tell you how disappointed we are. Slow service we could chalk up to inexperience and opening jitters. Bad food - forget it; we won't be back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere