“Great Place, Great Food, Great Setting” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 220 Restaurants in Napa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Californian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1 mile north of Madison St
Description: Located in the heart of Napa Valley! 1 Mile North of Yountville on Highway 29. Take a walk around the grounds or through the vineyard after your meal. You are sure to fall in love with our property. We have 25 raised beds of herbs and vegetables that supply our kitchen on a daily basis so take a minute to stroll around and see what is ready to be harvested! If you are celebrating a Birthday, Anniversary, or other special occasion, please note that restaurant policy is to provide custom handwriting on the plate of the person celebrating when you order dessert.
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Place, Great Food, Great Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

If you can sit on the back patio and overlook the Garden, please do. There was a group of 8 of us and the were very accomodative. None of us regretted a single thing ordered. I would recommend this if in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Your support means the world, Jeremiah! Thank you for taking the time to share this glowing recommendation here on TripAdvisor. Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of serving you again next time you're in Napa.

Take care,

Palm Springs, California
“Not worth the revist!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

After our most pleasant first time dining at Brix, we were so looking forward to eating there on our yearly trip to Napa and Sonoma. Unfortunately, much has changed. Although the ambience is still there...the gardens, the outdoor patio, and the physical setting... the food and service has declined. We had a reservation for a busy afternoon lunch service and it was honored; a small table for two on the patio - we were relaxed and ready for a delightful lunch. Before ordering my entrée I asked the server if the puttanesca sauce for the grilled salmon was spicy/hot; he said not at all, they could not serve it that way, diners would not like it. We shared an appetizer of grilled artichoke served with the most delicious olive oil, lemon and garlic dressing. As the leaves were piling up on the plate, so were the flies; we finished and waited for someone to remove the plate; it wasn't happening. Our server passed our table several times and totally ignored the plate piled up with artichoke leaves as well as the empty glasses of water and iced tea. We had to flag down a busperson to remove the plate drawing the flies and ask for more tea. The entrée arrived and the salmon served on a bed of very spicy puttanesca sauce was not at all what I asked for. The rapini was so salty and drenched in the same sauce that it was inedible. The other entrée was ok - grilled skirt steak; just a bit too much salt again in the sauce.
All in all, this was not a pleasant dining experience. We shared our dissatisfaction with the manager who was very concerned and said I should have said something "in the moment" and she was right; however; she agreed the server should be on top of his tables. With all the choices of fine restaurants in Napa there is no reason to not be on your game. There is absolutely no excuse for poor service in a restaurant of this caliber. What it proves is that service can make or break a dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Michael C, Owner at Brix, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
It's truly disheartening to read this review, Peter, especially after you enjoyed such a lovely meal with us in 2012. I'll admit, I don't usually hear that our food and service has "declined," so I truly hope I can make this right. The last thing we want is our guests to leave unsatisfied, so I sincerely apologize that we missed the opportunity to improve your experience before you left. A second chance to show you the 5-star experience you once loved us for would truly mean a lot. I'm confident we can knock it out of the park for you next time.

Kind regards,
Toronto
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Several people suggested Brix to us before our vacation and I'm glad we took their advice. We had such a nice experience having a late lunch here. I love that you can look out over the gardens where the vegetables were grown (or sit on the patio) and that it has such an emphasis on farm-to-table. My salad with grilled chicken was incredible - you can taste the difference having the veggies grown right there makes - and my husband had an excellent pastrami sandwich.We split a grilled peach dessert and it was a unique and delicious treat. This is a pricier place to eat, but I think it was worth the splurge.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michael C, owner at Brix, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I'm glad you took their advice, too! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. From the incredible grilled chicken sandwich to the delicious grilled peach dessert, I'm happy it was a lovely meal. Please keep us in mind next time you're in Napa!

Cheers,
Solon, OH
“Delicious lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great lunch. We ate outside on the patio and had a wonderful lunch. Everything was fresh and ver good. We loved walking in the flower and vegetable gardens. Highly recommend for a nice lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michael C, Owner at Brix, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
If you're happy, I'm happy! Thank you for taking the time to recommend us, Wendy. It was a pleasure serving you and I'm eager to welcome you back next time you're in Napa. Don't be a stranger!

Take care,
Pensacola, Florida
“Fabulous Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The menu had some very unique items...the food was delicous and the surrounding gardens were beautiful.

Visited July 2014
Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
What a great dose of encouragement! Thank you for taking the time to share such a heartwarming recommendation for us here on TripAdvisor. I look forward to sharing this with the team almost as much as I look forward to welcoming you back! You've always got a spot at our table.

Cheers,