“Elegant Simplicity” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Allegria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 249 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: On Your Next Trip to Napa Valley, enjoy a cozy luncheon or a candle-lit dinner at Ristorante Allegria. Allegria is located in a Historic Bank Landmark, built in 1916, in the heart of downtown Napa. Ristorante Allegria is one of the top Napa Valley Dining Restaurants featuring a Breathtaking Ambiance, Delicious Italian and California Cuisine, Great Service and Relaxing Italian Music!"Dine at Allegria's for a great dining experience or host your next special event you and your friends won't soon forget.
Darien, Illinois
“Elegant Simplicity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

This is a very nice Italian restaurant. It's located in an old bank building in the center of the city of Napa. You can even make reservations to eat in the vault!

We had two salads, the Napa Cabbage Salad and a mixed greens salad, which we thought were very nice. My wife had "Pollo Ripieno," which she thoroughly enjoyed. I had a seafood special, which sole on a bed of rice and lightly sauteed vegatable. Very tasty!

The service was efficient and unobtrusive.

Dover, NH
“Don't waste your time or money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2006

Went to this restaurant based on a recommendation from the B&B we were staying at. Decor was very nice, and also has a patio outside, which I like. The good part stops there though. The maitre d sat an loud, obnoxious group of four without a reservation ahead of the several couples who were waiting for their reserved tables. I understand her trying to keep things under control, but this is not the sort of thing that happens in nicer restaurants with better trained staff. Strike one.
The maitre d then loudly accused my wife of trying to "steal" a reservation from the book simply because she was standing next to the podium and could see the reservation list! Strike two.
My wife and I were seated on the patio (seeing as there were now no tables left inside because of strike one). We ordered drinks and looked over the menu, which sounded good enough, until about 20+ minutes later, we realized the waiter had never come back outside. When he finally came back out, I managed to flag him down. His response was a gruff, "You ready now?". His attitude went downhill from there. The food was average, at best. Honestly, nothing better than I've had at local Italian "family" restaurants. Service was an absolute joke. Literally. We were asked no less than 10 times, no exaggeration, whether or not we wanted more bread. Even when we had them take the basket away, they kept asking. Of course, other than that there was no service. Strike three.
In the end, I should've just stuck with my instincts and gone to Bistro don Giovanni like I intended. There's too many other great restaurants in the Napa area to waste your time or money here.

SJ, PR
“Delicious and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

We were a little skeptic before heading out to the restaurant because we received the recommendation from the hotel (along with a coupon for a free appetizer), but we couldn't have found a better place for dinner. It was open until late, the menu was great, and the wine list was "democratic" (something for everybody).

Miller Place, New York
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2006

We ate here in July food was great. Romantic atmosphere. My hubby had Veal Saltimboca have had better. I had spring roll appetizr & mushroom ravioli, both were to die for. Would definetly recommend.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Fabulous Family Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

Our entire family dined here the night before some of us ran the beautiful Napa to Sonoma 1/2 marathon. The atmosphere was great, the food was delicious and the staff was very pleasant. We will certainly return upon our next visit to the area!