My husband and I make frequent trips to Napa and the Inn on First is on the top of our list each and every time. Each visit seems like we are coming home. Both Jamie and Jim really go out of their way to make us feel at home. From wonderful gourmet breakfast to extra little touches like Jim's homemade truffles, chocolate chip cookies, split of Mumm sparkling wine, and nightly port from Prager, this place can't be beat. We tried different B&Bs in Napa, Yountville, and St. Helena, but none of these B&B offer the true hospitality and friendship that the Inn of First offers.
During our stay, we were served breakfast cannoli with homemade pasta and risotto tater tots with poached egg and basil oil for breakfast. We had to leave early to catch a flight in San Francisco so they made us a wonderful breakfast to go with breakfast quesadilla, homemade granola with yogurt and berries, and a tasty cake...Yum!
Ever since our first visit to the inn, Jamie knows what type of wineries we prefer (my husband and I prefer small, boutique wineries over large, commercialized ones). During this recent visit, we went to Barnett and Crane who gave us personalized attention during our tasting. At Crane, we went to the owner's private residence and sat on his porch while we tasted his wine. We were there for 3 hours!!!
After all the wine tasting, my husband and I wanted to try something different. Jamie and Jim suggested a specialized coffee tasting and blending class at the Napa Valley Coffee Roasting Company. We met Charlie and he walked us through creating our own blend by tasting various types of coffee. We had a great time selecting our own "house" blend and bring it home with us. Charlie keeps your blend in his records so you can reorder in the future.
We are really surprised by some of these negative reviews because we have always been treated so well. Jim and Jamie help coordinate your visit before your arrival. If you know what you want or need recommendations, they will take care of everything. Stay at the inn and judge for yourself. All I can say is that you are really missing out if you go somewhere else...believe me, we tried others, but we have always returned to this inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are setting the new standard for the American Bed and Breakfast Inn. This is not an inn for traditional B&B people. We are attracting the next generation who want great food for breakfast, well beyond the traditional omelets, frittatas, and egg bakes of old. This is where you get to experience a chef’s creative innovation each morning, one of his 110 recipes for breakfast, such as Corndog Omelets, Tomato and Egg Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons, or S’mores French Toast with house made Marshmallows.WARNING: we do not cater to people who want to stay connected to the television. We purposely removed all televisions so that couples can enjoy the intimacy of whirlpool tubs in the rooms with gas fireplaces, or sit out in the garden sipping on wine and enjoying great conversation. Yes, WiFi is available for those who feel they must stay connected to the outside world, but our hope is that you will learn to leave all that aside to enjoy great Napa hospitality here at the inn and at the wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Inn On First reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn On First Hotel Napa
- The Inn On 1st
- The Inn On First Napa, Napa Valley, CA