“Private Intimate Setting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Parkland, Florida
“Private Intimate Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recently drove from San Francisco to Napa Valley to celebrate a milestone anniversary aboard the Napa Valley Wine Train. I selected this property because I wanted privacy and I got exactly what I expected. The furnishings are antique and in good condition. I reserved the whirlpool king with the river view. It had a private balcony overlooking the river and mountains, and it was quiet and serene. Very private and romantic. The only issue was with the drainage system in the bathroom. The tub and sink had a very slow drain which I find very annoying. I did not get to relax in the whirlpool because it also serves as a shower and with the slow drainage, I was afraid to sit in the tub (too many germs left behind!!!) The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: You may be disappointed with the whirlpool bath.
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for a great review! We are elated to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a milestone. We are honored to be a part of your special occasion. We hope that you'll join us again for many more anniversaries, and we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Prosser, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and feel it was a good value and location and would recommend it. Here are my comments:

Pros-
Rooms-were nice and big. The view was great.
Housekeeping-I travel for business often. The housekeeping staff was amazing and I don't usually notice that. I felt like my mom had come into the room after me, in a good way. They were all about the details.
Front desk-we arrived early and were exhausted. The hotel was at capacity and they really did try and get us in our room early. I think they were only able to get us in 15 minutes early, but tried their best and communicated regularly. They called us occasionally, during our stay, to make sure everything was ok. I have never seen that before. One night the elevator malfunctioned, and we got stuck briefly. We were fine, and just called for help. They immediately got us out, and then gave us vouchers and phoned to check on us ( I still have no idea how they knew it was us).

Cons-
Coffee in lobby-honestly, how hard is it to have good, no decent, coffee?
Work out room-most probably don't come to Napa to work out. But with all the food and wine....they need more equipment and a better location, rather than a pass through area on the way to the pool.
Cuvée-probably should be a separate review, but this place really upset me. We were there three nights for drinks. Service was so slow. One hour to get waited on per drink, slow. In their defense, they did get slammed with unexpected giant parties two out of three nights. After they could tell I was mad, they did pay for all of our drinks and apologize profusely. Two nights in a row. But they were still understaffed and extremely slow. The drinks were on the weak and sweet side.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review! We sincerely apologize for being unable to meet all of your expectations. We will certainly look into the issues you mentioned regarding our Restaurant. We appreciate your comments and feedback, and especially your attention to detail. We hope that you'll join us again soon so we may prove why we're worth a full 5 stars next time!
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I recently drove to Napa from Huntington Beach and had a great weekend staying at the River Terrace Inn. It overlooks the Napa River and a winding path that leads to the Oxbow marketplace and Downtown Napa. There are great restaurants and wine tasting rooms all over the place within a very short walk. The River Terrace Inn is right next to the Wine train which takes you to different vineyards throughout Napa. The room was nice and the adjacent restaurant was excellent. Our air conditioner died on us both nights but we just opened our balcony door when we went to sleep and it was fine. Nice staff, good wine, and great location. Great place!

Room Tip: Get a River View Room on the second or third floor.
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for a great review! We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Our location is certainly convenient for Napa, and we are pleased to hear that you took advantage of it. We hope that you'll continue to choose us whenever you visit the area, and we look forward to your return!
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights, the room was large, clean and well put together. Hotel staff were friendly and seemed efficient. Was easy to walk to main street etc. To be honest it was just like any other large hotel and suited us fine as it was our first time in Napa. I think I would probably recommend staying in a smaller or B&B - think that would be more appropriate for Napa. There was absolutely nothing to complain about but nothing very memorable either.

Best thing about our trip was Platypus Tours - would highly recommend them and they pick up form this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We apologize if we were unable to exceed your expectations. It is our prerogative that every guest receive the highest quality guest service. We hope that you'll join us again so we may prove to your whey we're worth a full 5 stars! We look forward to your return!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband went to a lot of trouble to research our anniversary trip to Napa. This entire trip was a surprise to me. He really thought I would enjoy this hotel. He picked the room specifically because it looked over the river and it had an in-room spa tub. This would have been excellent, but when I endeavored to have a jacuzzi tub, I realized the knob to the jets was broken and the jets couldn't be turned on. The room was on the second floor and overlooked the river and the patio. The patio was a bit loud and we could hear it all in our room. At 5:30 we went down to the lobby for the cheese and wine tasting and the gentleman behind the bar not so politely informed us that it wasn't ready for 2 more minutes. Needless to say, we didn't stay. We took our wine business downtown to the Bounty Hunter. The room was clean. Since I was not the one who took care of the reservation, I had no idea of the room rates, until we checked out. A bit pricey for the accommodations in my opinion. We moved to this hotel after a wonderful night at another property downtown, because it was closer to the wine train -- but I sure wish we had stayed at the other property instead.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered, at we hope that you'll contact the hotel to provide more feedback. We can assure you that this is not the norm! We hope that you'll give us another chance, and we look forward to your return to the River Terrace Inn!
Titusville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel is clean and we had a nice balcony and view of the river below. The location was great for access to the local shopping and restaurants. The bar inside the hotel was not well stocked, serviced or manned. Bar tender seemed at an inconvenience to be there. There is a separate restaurant that had good food, but horrible service. I will review that in a separate article under restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room with balcony.
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! We sincerely apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. We can assure you that this is not the norm, and we hope to be able to make it up to you. We look forward to your return, and the opportunity to provide you with our world-class guest service!

Been to River Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!