“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Arkansas
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2007

I wasn't sure what to expect when I stayed at this hotel. I've never been to Napa before. I looked around and the hotels all seemed nice. I didn't want to stay at a Days Inn or something similar. I was hoping for an experience that was unique and special. I feel I found that at the River Terrace Inn. The staff was great and helpful. The rooms were tastefully decorated. If I am ever back in this area I will stay here again.

• Liked — It was well worth the money spent.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2007

This hotel advertises rooms with river view AND balcony which do NOT have either view to the river nor balcony. We had booked one room with riverview and balcony to find out when checking in that 1st floor (that is ground floor) rooms do not have balconies and although located on the river side you do not see the river but have an overview to the car park or some sort of sidewalk. When I complained at the reception the very unfriendly staff gave me a lecture that at the time of booking ( i.e. 2 months in advance)they ran out of the riverside rooms with balcony and view so the only available RIVERVIEW ROOM W/ BALCONY was without those 2 things that I had chosen this hotel for!!! Let alone that I had paid the higher price. Is that fair? I don't think so. Is the hotels's website misleading? I think so. You don't get what you have paid for. On the flipside, the hotel is nice, rooms alike

• Stayed September 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

I was very impressed by the River Terrace Inn. We had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the river. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was luxurious. From the outside it doesn't look like much, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Breakfast was also a surprise, the food was more than your average free hotel breakfast fare, it was fresh and included a variety of good options. The hotel also offers free DVD rentals for the room, which I thought was a nice bonus since there isn't a ton going on in Napa at night. I also loved the location, it was walking distance from downtown , which was great for venturing out for dinner and drinks in the evening.

• Liked — clean, updated, luxurious rooms, river view
  • Disliked — front desk staff was a little lacking
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

I had reservations to stay at the river Terrace Inn, but decided to stay else where when i was greeted by a very rude front desk receptionist. She ignored my request to speak to the managr on duty. Finally I was able to speak to the manager, Jeff along with the assistant manager, Dawn. They were both very rude and did not take my complaint seriously. They both were out of line and showed poor management skills. I believe guest should be treated with respect and courtesy. It was the worst experience I've ever had in Napa. I would NEVER stay there again and would NEVER recommend it to anyone!!

• Liked — I don't! The staff was so rude.
  • Disliked — Everything, especially the staff and poor management!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

I will start with, I had no clothes for 4 days in San Fran. Airline Lost my luggage - that's a shocker! On 4th day we arrived in Napa. This hotel was a huge step up from previous one we had in San Fran. People could not be more nicer to us with instructions, directions, and places to go. Room was big, great view of city. A little loud in room above us, but that happens anywere you go. There is a Westin being built next door, I believe this hotel has to step up in quality (comfort, cleaness, and friendleness) to keep business. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Would stay here again if needed. Also, Silverado trail is not far from this hotel. Best route to take for Wineries.

• Liked — Quality of Staff and quick responses to all my questions.
  • Disliked — No view from Back of Hotel, like in Picture on website.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ventura
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. When I arrived, I was given a room next door to the workout room. I could hear the television and hear the "beep" "beep" of the machines very late at night and early in the morning. When I complained, the hotel desk clerk (who was somewhat rude) said she would move me. I went from bad to worse. I was moved to room 116, right next to the elevator, which was extremely loud throughout the night. I went back to the desk and spoke with a very friendly clerk, who explained there was no other room available that night, gave me a free bottle of wine and assured me that she would move my room the next evening.

The room I was moved to was what I had envisioned. It was quiet, the bed was comfortable and the plasma television was great. The shower was good, but wish I would have had a bathtub as well. There were ample towels and bathrobes, the lotions, shampoo, conditioner and soaps were wonderful as well. I had a balcony that overlooked the parking lot; but it also had a view of the hills and I was able to enjoy a beautiful sunset.

The housekeeping staff was excellent -- cleaning the rooms spotlessly and coming around in the evening to give water, towels and a turn-down service.

I ordered room service, the tri-tip at $25.00 a plate. I had to return the first steak, it was so tough I could not eat it. The second steak was not much better. I would not suggest the tri-tip, although I had a wonderful Greek pizza.

There are good things about this hotel and there are bad things. Some of the desk clerks were wonderful, some not so wonderful.

I would stay at this hotel again, but would ensure that when I made reservations that I did not have a room next to the workout area or next to an elevator.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

Great hotel. The lobby of the inn looks like a big ol log cabin. The rooms were fantastic. The walls in the room were light yellow in color; almost tuscan. There was lots of granite counter tops from the bar to the bathroom sink. The bathroom was wonderful. The shower area had a sliding glass door and their were dual shower heads. The bed was quite comfortable and the room was spacious. The tvs were okay. There was free rentals from their dvd library. The hotel is right next to the Napa river. Great hotel.

• Liked — Bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to River Terrace Inn? Share your experiences!