“Bummed” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
5 attraction reviews
“Bummed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have loved Robert Sinskey wine and am a member of their wine club. I was really excited to take my friends and family to RS during our recent trip to Napa Valley. The winery had suggested the farm to table tasting. It was probably one of the lows of our week, even with my "club discount" it was over rated. Nice meat and cheese platter with four wines. However we had visited some incredible places that offered so much more in service and experience. I was also so disappointed to find out RS was the only winery that didn't give a discount on wine for their members. I really don't know why I am even a member at this point. I will be canceling my membership this week. Super bummed...had high hopes for an awesome experience!

Ohio
57 attraction reviews
“Lovely winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our wine retailer where we shop at home set this wine tasting up- we had never had their wines before but enjoyed the wines and the pleasant experience.

Baltimore, Ireland
“Good wine, average and expensive tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Sorry to say we thought the Farm to Table tour was very over-priced for an average tour. If you want a good, informative tour go to Hendry Ranch.

Manchester
24 attraction reviews
“Lovely food and wine. Tour a little pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to RSV, and it was a great opportunity to see a bit behind the scenes of a vineyard. The location was beautiful but bear in mind it is 9 miles out of town, so if you're planning to drink much a taxi will cost $30 each way from Napa.

Our tour guide was very friendly and knowledgeable, but in retrospect, I would have liked to be shown some of the vines, and more of the processing area. The gardens were not very impressive. The cellars were great, including the cave banquet room where they keep a selection of every wine they have ever made. The nibbles with our wine tasting were delicious and clearly made with a great deal of care and attention to detail.

$75 each for the wine tour was a lot, but we were given an unexpected $25 discount each (not sure the reason why), which made it more reasonably. There was also $15 discount for each pair of bottles of wine that we bought. We also had a great time chatting with other guests on the tour.

Royal Oak, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
“Consistently Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Have visited multiple times over the past 10 years and have always enjoyed a simple tasting in the main tasting room. Wines are consistently good and the staff is always friendly.

Visited September 2013