“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Miami Beach, Florida
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Napa Valley and stayed at the Carneros Inn. We are SOO happy with our decision to stay there. Initially, despite the beautiful pictures of the property, we were hesitant to stay so far down valley from Yountville and St. Helena but we are extremely happy with our decision. The drive was not bad at all, it was beautiful (taking Silverado Trail) or fast on the main highway and still not far at all. Our room was really cute - very romantic with an indoor/outdoor shower and private patio. The bed was VERY comfortable. The property itself is very big, but since it's cottages it felt small once we were in our nook. The grounds are immaculate. Beautiful views from the hilltop, friendly staff...though we like to stay to our selves and didn't "use" the staff all the often besides checkin, house keeping and the bar. We did get a pretty good deal for the off season and if we got a deal like that again, we would gladly stay all over again.

Room Tip: Hilltop is quieter (no street noise) and closer to the adult only pool area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Carneros Inn was beautiful, with personal cottages that had a beautiful big bathroom, as well as a personal outdoor space which included a heat lamp and outdoor shower. The concierge was fantastic, and helped me book quite a few wine tours, and made changes for me, multiple times. Not once did they complain! They also helped booked dinner, arranged car service, etc. I was VERY pleased with the service. One thing that was a challenge was the location, it was very far away from restaurants (35 minute drive), and therefore a cab was around $50.00 each way. We ended up getting a driver because it was essentially the same amount! Overall though, lovely hotel.

San Clemente, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Carneros Inn is by far the worst hotel I have ever visited. We paid over $900 per night for a small room that was dirty, covered in dust and run down. We booked our stay in late August 2013 based on a recommendation from the American Express concierge that it was a five star property. It was a one star property at best. Nothing remotely near the quality of the Montage at Deer Valley where we stayed the week before, or the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. Compounding the problem after we pointed out the dust and dirt in the room, hotel management did nothing to accommodate us and took the position that is just the way things are in Napa.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've stayed in some of the best hotels around the world and their customer service was very poor! I am thoroughly disappointed. The facilities were nice, but you don't pay that price point and get poor service. They have a lot to learn from places like St. Regis hotel in San Francisco, where I eventually moved to. I am sad to say, I will never be back.

• Stayed November 2013
Los Gatos, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We arrived on Tuesday 4/23 to amazing weather. What a start to a great stay at Carneros. I had been wanting to stay here for awhile and was invited by my company for an overnight event in which I brought my husband.

We were a large groups so most people did not get into their rooms until 4pm or after. But that was no matter as there was plenty to do. We arrived at noon and grabbed a quick lunch. Then we took one of the Inn bicycles (3 speed) for stroll. There are baskets you can get for the bikes at the front desk. We biked a local loop that is about 4.5 miles. We stopped at Mondavi Winery which is about a mile or so up the road. Mention that you are staying at Carneros and you get a 5 wine tasting for free! There are beautiful views there off the back deck and excellent wines. The carry three different family labels. In retrospect, I wish we had brought our lunch up to Mondavi and enjoyed it on their back deck. Or even brought a blanket and eat lunch somewhere in a local winery field! We spent the rest of our afternoon enjoying the pool, hot tub and soaking up the wonderful Napa sun! We then headed for a early evening couples outdoor massage which was wonderful! Then we headed to my work event cocktail hour and dinner which was held on site in Inn court yard and hall. The food was very good and the event went off without a hitch!

We stayed in Ceja 4. It has an amazing outdoor space which is extremely private! It is a wonderful room with a fire pit, outdoor soaking tub and outdoor shower. The outdoor tub was covered up so we did not use it. The indoor shower offers two different shower heads. One I did not like the main shower head which also had wall jets as there was not enough pressure on the shower head so I was glad there was a second option which had more pressure than the main shower head. The indoor fire place has a timer which allowed us to fall asleep gazing at the fire! We woke in the morning and I opened all the double doors to our private oasis and let all the fresh mountain air in! I really loved our room! I wish I could own a bungalow just like this!

The staff here was over the top accommodating and very friendly! We felt very welcome here. I would love to be able to stay here again! We did not pay for our stay but my understanding is that our room would have been around $745 a night and I think it is well worth it if you have the money!

I did not see any kids while here and I am not sure this is a place where I would bring kids unless they are very well behaved. It seems like most of the people we ran into were staying here to get away and have a nice a quiet weekend.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I planned several months ago to visit the Napa area to celebrate our 25th anniversary and we investigated dozens of properties searching for the best place to stay. After a great deal of researching and phone calls, we decided on The Carneros Inn and it was the best choice of our entire trip. This property is first class in very way and no detail was overlooked. The location is ideal because it is located basically halfway between Napa and Sonoma and it was easy to navigate the entire region from here.
Some reviews on TA mentioned difficulty with the check-in process, but our experience could not have been any easier or more pleasant. We were greeted with a glass of merlot upon arrival and Erika was wonderful and friendly as she checked us in and reviewed the property for us. Because this is an Amex FHR property, we were entitled to free breakfast and other amenities and, again, those were provided with no difficulty at all. The staff even provided us a bottle of wine to help celebrate our anniversary.
Our cottage was Dirosa 8 and it was lovely, clean and quiet. Every aspect from the heated bathroom tiles to the indoor gas fire place was perfect and the patio was large enough for us to sit and enjoy our room service breakfast each morning. The bathroom was huge and the outdoor shower was a great experience. We had two comfortable leather chairs in a sitting area in front of the tv and fireplace and relaxed in those each night enjoying the warmth of the fire. We heard no other noise from any other cottage or from other guests comings and goings.
The cottage is located near the Hilltop area of the property and we spend most afternoons up by the pool relaxing and enjoying the beautiful scenary. The pool area has a wonderful server named Cali who took great care of us and was very friendly and fun to talk with. Any trip to the pool or to the Carneros must include several orders of the Carneros doughnuts. These bite size treats were incredible and very addicting.
I am not a globe trotting traveler, but I have stayed at many higher end properties and tend to lean toward places like Ritz Carltons due to their level of service and luxury, but the Carneros Inn was, without a doubt, the best hotel experience I have ever enjoyed and we will definately be coming back and staying here again. I can think of no other choice when visiting this area. Thanks again to the entire staff for making our 25th anniversary an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage near the Hilltop area.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Carneros Inn is the ultimate Napa experience. We enjoyed a fabulous stay at this excellent property. Top notch accommodations, service, food and amenities make for a memorable stay. Dinner on site at The Farm was wonderful. Be sure to take a bike ride in the area- plenty of gorgeous vineyards at every turn. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The cottages with outdoor fireplaces and hot tubs are the way to go.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Carneros Inn? Share your experiences!