“A perfect honeymoon at the Carneros Inn” 5 of 5 stars

The Carneros Inn
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4048 Sonoma Hwy., Napa, CA 94559   |
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A perfect honeymoon at the Carneros Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Carneros Inn for part of our honeymoon in October 2010. This is the most amazing property that I've ever stayed at and we still talk about the wonderful time we had here. We had a vineyard view cottage and were greeted with a handwritten note, bottle of wine, and cheese platter when we got to our guest cottage. We enjoyed breakfast on our private patio and walking the amazing grounds. The heated floors in the bathrooms were a nice touch and I loved the décor and design so much that we replicated the bathroom when my husband and I built our house earlier this year. FARM was amazing, we had a great picnic lunch from the Market, and enjoyed chatting with other honeymooners over breakfast at the Boon Fly. We had a perfect experience and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed for one night in late September and had a really wonderful and memorable time. Check-in was a relaxing experience; we were ushered into the reception area and offered a seat and a check-in table, and were then offered us a glass of wine. Our room keys in hand, we were then driven by golf cart to our cottage, "Lee #5." Beautifully decorated; very modern with an abundance of amenities. And like the other guests have said, having a standalone cottage complete with huge bathroom, outdoor shower and back "deck" made it feel like a home away from home.

Additionally, I had stated in our reservations that it was our anniversary so it was a very nice surprise to receive a complimentary bottle of champagne delivered to our room with a nice card, shortly after we arrived.

We ate dinner at The Farm and despite only being able to secure 5:30p.m. reservations, we ended up making a night of it and never felt rushed in the least. It was a leisurely dinner filled with amazing food and incredible muddled blueberry ginger cocktails. We then went outside to enjoy one of the many firepits alongside the restaurant. It was a fairly busy night which provided good energy without feeling cramped or crowded.

We then made our way to the hot tub and had a quick soak; well worth doing late at night when the air is extremely crisp and the hot water felt amazing.

Our reservations included a $40 breakfast coupon. While it certainly didn't cover all of our breakfast up at the Hilltop Dining Room, it certainly helped. Breakfast was wonderful as well.

I certainly would have stayed longer and taken advantage of the fitness and spa facilities but will have to save those experiences for next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We love The Carneros Inn. We even had our wedding here, so we go back every year to celebrate our anniversary. It's a beautiful and peaceful property. There's nothing not to like about it. However, the reservation staff could be friendlier.

• Stayed April 2013
Lisle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We just stayed 4 nights in a cottage and loved everything about it! The "back yard" with fireplace,soaking tub , outdoor shower and seating areas was awesome! We booked for our 10yr anniversary and they comped us a bottle of champaign, a "smores kit" and a $100 food and Bev credit. The grounds are beautiful especially the hilltop pool area. Make sure you try a few of the signature cocktails at the pool. Yes, Carneros is on the high end but at the saying goes "you get what you pay for".

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Carneros Inn for my 30th birthday celebration. It's a great property with gorgeous cabins in the woods. The rooms are a little small but are extremely luxuriously appointed with heated floors, fluffy beds, fireplaces, and a fabulous outdoor area. Make sure you splurge and get the Harvest Cottage so you can enjoy the outdoor tub and fire pit. The pool is lovely and Boon Fly was delish---we loved the donuts! I would give everything an A with the exception of the spa service and staff. The spa facilities were a bit small and my massage was just ok--nothing special. The spa staff was actually extremely rude to my husband upon arrival. We arrived an hour before check in time and were told we would have full use of the facilities until our room became available. The spa is directly next to the check in area and my husband went in to use the restroom but was told by the spa staff that he could change in the men's room but could not use the restroom?!? When my husband explained that the front desk told us we could use the facilities until our room was ready the rude employee still stated that the restroom was for changing only and would not let him into the Men's locker room stating they did not want "traffic". Unbelievable!!! Not a great way to start a trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chula Vista, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have taken many trips to the spa here at the Carneros Inn but on this occasion I was in such a wonderful mood. I walked in and everything seemed great except for the lady at the front desk (I believe her name began with an Eliza or Elizabeth?) I mean could she not smile? She gave a a look like a skunk had walked into the room...maybe she was having a bad day but my spa was worth it and not to mention that the staff was so wonderful overall. I cannot wait for my next business trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We keep coming back to this amazing hotel for two reasons...the amazing service and the privacy. Whether you never leave your room..which will include an amazing outside shower or tub or whether you just crash post wine tastings in your cozy room, you will have a great time here. The staff, the food, the amenities and the rooms...all are the best in town.

We can't wait to go back again.

Ooh and the doughnuts. You have to get the doughnuts.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Carneros Inn? Share your experiences!