“Special Napa Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Napa
Chicago, Illinois
“Special Napa Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is a charming hotel with special character. Both restaurants are superb: Boon Fly and the fine dining experience. The Market offers a chance to get coffee, wine and cheese for a picnic, etc. The rooms are special and the patios are unique with outdoor showers. Some have tubs, fire pits, etc. A great place for couples, especially coporate. Centrally located between Napa, Yountville and Sonoma. Can't wait to return for a personal trip!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

618 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here, June 6-10 From the moment we arrived at the Carneros we were immediately put at ease. The friendliness, and hospitality was unsurpassed. We were quickly and cheerfully checked in(upgraded my room!) and offered a glass of delicious chardonnay. Our luggage was already loaded onto he golf car and we were brought directly to our amazing cottage. Let me say -amazing does not begin to describe the service, cleanliness, views, customer service or amenities that this hotel offered us. The attention to every detail was impeccable! I cannot stress enough how well we were treated in every area of the hotel as a whole. Professionalism, was met at every turn, including valet, housekeeping, the boutique, spa and maintenance workers. The front desk personnel and concierge were pivotal in helping make our stay everything we hoped it would be. From printed directions, suggestions, making reservations, and securing wine tours- They were eager to help and provide service without us even asking. To this end i am very grateful and offer a sincere THANK YOU to all!

Our cottage was like a paradise. Harvest Cottage is one not to be missed. It looks just like the photos only better! The french doors the opening to the private yard brought the out doors inside perfectly. The room was spacious, clean and everything in it was complimentary. IE, wireless internet, fresh milk for my coffee,(supplied fresh everyday as needed) nespresso coffee maker, regular coffee maker, newspaper daily, bottled water, a variety of soda, fruit and fireplace logs. The bath amenities were very lovely,as were the lavender bath salts. There is nothing that they missed here! The yard was so beautiful and serene. Complete with fountain, lounge chairs with above heater, fire pit, and outdoor soaking tub! The birds,flora and butterflies added to the overall feeling of restfulness. I especially loved the turn down service and the boxed chocolates. Our attendant placed a bottle of water and glass on my night stand every night for me and made sure our fire place logs were replaced and ready to go!

The restaurants were first class as was the service. I recommend the Hilltop cafe for breakfast it was amazing! The main pool was quiet, peaceful and the service there was again, perfect. Complimentary buckets of iced bottled water were constantly being replaced, servers were on point with the service they cheerfully provided. Ottos pool is more of a swimmers pool , as many were swimming laps and it is right off the new gym they recently put it. you can catch a Palates class in the movement studio too!

The market was great for making a bag lunch for us to take on a picnic at the vineyards and for a quick snack when we bicycled by for a refreshment.(yes you can take a complimentary bike out for a ride) They did not miss a trick in luxury, or amenities here. This is a superior upscale hotel but by no means is it a stuffy hotel. It seems the Caneros Inn attracts a sophisticated traveler. You feel so comfortable and at ease, we didnt want to leave! I especially love that the hotel has an understated elegance. I like that they kept the structure of the land and built this Gem around the vineyard. They kept it true to its natural architecture.

The spa personnel were very professional and great at what they do! The spa is small but chock full of service and has a great spa services menu. I had a Chardonnay massage! I was wonderful.

The overall grounds are beautiful and welcoming. It was nice to take a short walk from our cottage to the Hilltop, vineyard or just around. It is floral and fragrant ad lavender is growing everywhere so this lends to the tranquil feeling. I really can go on and on but I will stop here as I am becoming melancholy and want to start planning my next trip here! We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage close to the Hilltop so you wont have that much walking to do if you do not want t...
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

On our last 3 days visiting San Francisco, Napa Valley was in our agenda. We spent months previously trying to choose an unique and special place to stay and wasn't until we saw The Carneros Inn that he knew this was the place.
Driving our red Mustang convertible through Napa/Sonoma was blissful, beautiful and perfect way to distress. Probably a very British thing to do but well worth it.
As we enter The Carneros Inn resort, immediately we felt welcome, the drive all the way up to the Reception's bright building, the beautiful interior decor and friendly faces offering a very welcome glass of wine was everything we expected and we knew immediately this would be an unforgettable memory.
We had a lovely cottage, beautifully decorated and so spacious, including a fireplace, large private terrace and garden with table and chairs where you could relax under the sun during the day and in the evenings under a overhead heater. The cottage had a beautiful bathroom with large walking shower and lovely bath tub and if not enough there was also an outdoor shower, brilliant.
In the evening there was a slight chill in the air and we were drawn to our cozy room, light the fire and curled up on the comfortable chair.
By day we sat in the terrace watching the perfect blue sky and letting us being sun kissed.
The walks between the cottages and the gardens were perfectly manicured and on the top of the hill we could sit outside by the fire watching the sun hide behind the hills.
The local amenities where good and the staff friendly, especially in the Farm, selling spa products, lovely hats, food, magazines and anything needed for a picnic, I managed to buy a few bits and peaces and get some for gifts back in the UK.
We loved the cottages and their surrounding gardens, felt very peaceful and idyllic.
We loved The Carneros Inn and we would love to come back maybe for longer as we didn't get the change to check all the amenities and has they had a wedding both evenings we stayed we didn't get the change to use all the facilities and restaurants.

Worth every penny.
Suzye Harrison

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Carneros Inn last week and enjoyed every minute of our stay there! The service was top notch (the staff and concierge went out of their way to make sure everything was perfectly taken care off). From helping us pack our cases of wine, to the chocolates on the bed every night, the attention to detail was superb. The grounds of the Carneros are amazing with beautiful views. We stayed in one of the cottages which was perfect for us (wife really enjoyed the outdoor shower). We found the location to be good (we didn't have a rental car but took cabs to dinner and tour guides for wineries). The restaurant onsite (Farm) was fantastic and one of our favorite dinners in Napa the entire week. We'd highly recommend the Carneros!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is the best hotel I've stayed at in the Napa/Sonoma area and is our new go to place for wine tasting.

We had a Casita that came with a fireplace (inside) and a huge private yard that included: 2 person lounge chair with overhead heater, fire pit, outdoor shower, AND and outdoor tub.

I loved the room.

The grounds are amazing and we had a lot of privacy.

The Inn is pet friendly and our dog loved the place.

The pool is beautiful with an amazing view. I'm pretty sure the pool doesn't officially close. We went up to hot tub after 11 pm and had the place to ourselves.

The food is amazing. Both room service and the rest.

As soon as we arrived I wanted to book another trip and come back and stay.

Everyone we interacted with on their staff was professional and friendly.

The hotel is not cheap, but I do see discounted ads every now and then. I felt it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Choose the casita's with the ourdoor tub. It was a claw foot tub and I loved it!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed here for two days while we visited Napa valley. The rooms were very nice. The property was very well taken care of...the staff was great, but it just felt cold. As much as I paid to stay there I wish I had a better review. I would not stay here again. It is just not worth the price. It's nice, great views, but more like a $250 a night place tops. Save your money stay somewhere else and have more money to buy wine.

Room Tip: I was supposed to get an upgrade if available. Surprise, there was non available, despite it being...
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I am a current guest in a Harvest Cottage at the Carneros Inn. The unit and yard is beautiful - California college lovely.

The Spa is pretty but needs to be careful about keeping amenities in good order. I pulled a robe with a good sized hole in it of a locker. i showed the robe to the front desk supervisor and she pointed me to another locker with another robe. This robe had 3 holes around the Carneros logo. I decided not to ask for another robe.

I had booked a day of appointments at the Spa. At 10 minutes until 300, I went to the Spa front desk to ask about status of my 230 appointment. The employee, who was supposed to provide the treatment, had apparently not showed up for work and the staff had neglected to advise me of this:

The (very) good things about the Spa: Naomi is a great massage therapist, Laurel is a terrific esthetician, Kyle was a great help in getting me appointments and is as pleasant as a person can be.

Also, the Spa Administrator Nancy was very gracious about the appointment problem and not only handed me a note a bag with a small candle in it as a spa gift but also, advised that the 230 appointment could be rescheduled by me, at no cost for the service.

The front desk and reservations at the Inn are not particularly friendly or welcoming (unlike the cleaning, bell, room service and other staff at the Inn who have all been A+). I extended my stay at the Inn by 4 days (for a total of 8 days-a long stay, needless to say) through a consolidator, checking out of my current room tomorrow into another cottage. Kate -- in reservations advised: we cannot tell you what cottage you will be moving into or how close it might to your current room until you check out as that room may be "out of service" by tomorrow. I simply wanted to know, as a current guest, how far I would need to move my items which I must repack per hotel policy. A bellman will help to move the packed suitcases.

The Market store and service there is great. I agree with the Zagat food rating at Farm Restaurant of 24. My experience with service there was that its is better than the Zagat rating.

Room Tip: The Harvest Cottages are great -- lots of privacy. You may want to request a Cottage which is a bit...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Carneros Inn? Share your experiences!