Will say we generally stay farther north in the valley, but found Milliken Creek Inn and Spa for this stay. Description sounded nice so decided to give the property a try. When I look at a new property, I have to admit I generally focus on the negative reviews from visitors to try to found out what downsides might exist. (Worst case planner.) Location seemed to be a theme with Milliken as it is in Napa. Location didn't really prove to be a huge problem for us. Other than a somewhat challenging exit at times onto Silverado Trail, the location proved to be fine. Does take a few minutes to get to what most consider the start of the Silverado trail, but it is a quick trip up to Oakville, Rutherford, etc. (Never took more than 20 mins to get to most of our targets. Clearly if Calistoga is at the start of the day, you will have a decent drive.) Is easy to exit the property and cut back over to 29 if you choose to run that route as well. We did reserve one of the luxury rooms, and the room was great. Very clean and well appointed. Loved breakfast being delivered every morning and it made for a good start to the day. Evening wine tastings were great as well. Grounds were nice too. Well-manicured property and fine views from the room, although you aren’t getting the hillside views being in Napa. Need to move farther north if you are interested in that. Few interesting locals on the banks fishing across from the property from time to time, but they were quiet and kept to their activities. And admittedly, like most staying in the region, we don't spend a lot of time at the hotel. Start and end to the day, and that is about it, and this property filled that need well. Will add that our interaction and staff was always very pleasant as well. Very nice group of folks there and while we didn't experience any issues that we needed assistance with, I feel they would have been more than willing to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, an elegant Napa hotel in California's esteemed wine country. Hidden away on three verdant acres overlooking the idyllic Napa River, discover a place unlike any other Napa hotel.Here you will encounter five-star luxury that emphasizes thoroughly sophisticated service and style in a tranquil, intimate ambiance.In this superb Napa Valley setting, simply sumptuous accommodations are bathed in serene colors and accented with an exotic flair. Thoughtful touches invite pampering and romance, such as flickering fireplaces, canopy beds with the finest linens, rain showers and oversized hydrotherapy tubs outfitted with green tea bath salts and votive candles. Combining the best signature service of larger Napa hotels with a very exclusive and intimate ambiance. This luxury Napa hotel offers 12 exclusive and very private suites, each with a unique style of its own unlike other Napa Valley hotels.Ease into your day with a gourmet breakfast served wherever you wish, from the privacy of your room to al fresco on the Waterfall Terrace. At day's end, unwind at the Magic Hour, our complimentary wine and cheese reception, where you can meet local vintners, chat with our staff members and share stories with other guests.Envelop your senses in pure bliss at our stunning Milliken Creek Spa, where healing, natural elements unite with holistic, therapeutic treatments. Treat yourself to a restorative aromatherapy massage and a revitalizing facial in this private spa that caters exclusively to our guests.Do as little or as much as you would like. Wander the lush grounds, relax in Adirondack chairs, or take it all in from your private deck. Venture forth and explore everything from the scenic Silverado Trail to the area's incomparable wineries, world-renowned restaurants, intriguing shops, plus endless events and activities. Milliken Creek Inn & Spa is a Boutique Napa Valley hotel paired with world-class service. We look forward to pampering you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splendia and Jetsetter so you can book your Milliken Creek Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milliken Creek Hotel Napa
- Milliken Creek Inn And Spa Napa, Napa Valley, CA