“"Fantastic romantic place!"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 24 Napa B&B and Inns
San Mateo, California, USA
“"Fantastic romantic place!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at Milliken's for our anniversary and couldn't be more pleased with everything.
The fact that only has 12 suites makes it very quiet and private. Perfect for a romantic getaway!
we stayed on one of the Luxury suites and it was exactly as it showed on the pictures of the website.
Staff was more than helpful with making us feel relaxed.
Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WarmRegards, General Manager at Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Paul O,

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of celebrating such a special occasion. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are extremely delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us. Our staff truly enjoys pampering each of our guests and takes great pride in surpassing their expectations. Thank you for recognizing our efforts and sharing your insight with other travelers. We can't wait to have you back!

Connie Gore, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just spent the weekend at the Milliken Creek Inn and Spa in Napa. Everything was amazing - the room, the grounds, the staff, the spa. If you're looking for a romantic getaway this is the place. Complimentary champagne with chocolate covered strawberries, turn down service with candles throughout the room, sampling of local wines every night. I will definitely be back.

Dear Rob C,

What a pleasure it is to learn just how much you enjoyed your romantic getaway at our property! Thank you for taking the time to share some of the special touches we provide that make your experience unique and for recommending us to other travelers. It's wonderful to hear that you will definitely be back; we can't wait to have you as our guests again! Thank you for your valued feedback.

Edenton, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our trip to California was a first for my husband and me. We knew where we wanted to go and pretty much used Google and tripadvisor to figure where to stay. Boy, oh boy, did we make the perfect decision when choosing Milliken Creek Inn and Spa. Before the trip we reached out to them for winery suggestions, transportation to the wineries as well as for dinner options. (Even if I had not initiated the conversation about suggestions, I'd gotten an email prior to our arrival surrounding this.) Missy asked a few questions and then offered her professional opinions. Missy was spot on for us! We loved every winery and the restaurants were over the top. The driver for the day of winery tours was Tac Tours and I can't say enough nice about him either.
The inn was spotless, breakfast AMAZING and the grounds were impeccably kept. The view from our room was lovely. Complimentary cheese and wine before dinner in front of the lit fireplace while meeting new friends was such a special touch. After our late divine dinners, we'd return to the inn to find our beds turned down, the lights down low and flickering candles all around the room with music playing on the radio. We would enjoy the tub with the jets after such a busy day each evening before bed with the candles around us and the music playing softly, of course. Ambiance is an understatement.

Unfortunately, we did not have enough time to enjoy the spa as the day was packed from sun up to sun down. I am most hopeful we can return and can take advantage of the treatments offered.

Milliken Creek inn goes above and beyond to make sure your visit to Napa is catered to you specifically and that your stay with them is over the top. We are most thankful of our opportunity to stay at Milliken Creek Inn and enjoy the gracious hosts. We highly recommend them for your visit to Napa! Our wonderful memories of Milliken Creek Inn are etched in our hearts and minds forever.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WarmRegards, General Manager at Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Lynne L,

All of us here at the Milliken Creek Inn & Spa are ecstatic to receive your wonderful review on your recent experience with us. Your extensive details and gracious comments are greatly appreciated. It is always our sincere pleasure to go above and beyond to ensure that our guests' are well taken care of throughout their entire visit. We enjoyed having you with us and being a part of your first trip to California. Again, thank you for your review. We will look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,
San Diego, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our room was excellent, clean, comfy, romantic and large. The breakfast was a real treat delivered to our room each morning. I felt like I was on a hi-end cruise ship! The service was outstanding. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WarmRegards, General Manager at Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Nancy W,

It is wonderful to receive your top notch review on Milliken Creek Inn & Spa! Thank you for recognizing our outstanding level of customer service. We truly enjoy pampering our guests to ensure their comfort throughout their entire stay. Your lovely review was shared with our staff and greatly appreciated. We are very excited that you will definitely stay with us again!

Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Milliken Creek Inn is a very relaxing B&B on the Napa River. The scenery is beautiful. I think my choice would be one of the outlying rooms as our room was above the office and cozy but not exactly private. The bath/shower was in the room itself. Slightly awkward to maneuver around the room. Very nice amenities,robes,, bottled water, luxurious bedding. The breakfast the next morning was served promptly and we enjoyed it on the lovely balcony. On the evening of our arrival we had a very nice vintner come for a wine tasting accompanied by fruit and cheeses. Very informative and enjoyable. Unfortunately, our stay was only for 2 nights but it was a very relaxing break from a hectic schedule.

Room Tip: Go with one of the rooms away from the main house.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rhonda61,

Thank you for choosing our property to enjoy a relaxing break from your hectic schedule. We sincerely appreciate your insight on your experience with us, and have taken your comments seriously. Thank you for sharing details on several amenities provided for our guests, as well as the informative vintner. We appreciate your review and look forward to your extended stay on your return visit.

Warm Regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is currently my all time favorite place to get away; locally (Hawaii beats them all still). MCI is such a sweet, quiet, very serene get away! My husband and I LOVED THIS PLACE!!! The service, the atmosphere, the breakfast, and the rooms were absolutely beautiful. The only thing that my husband didn't like too much (which wasn't a big deal to me at all) was the T.V , although it's a flat screen, it was very grainy. It was watchable but the quality wasn't the best. Any way, It was everything that I wanted, and more. I loved the quiet hour (it consisted of the cleaning of our room, replaced our bucket of Apple Cider (since we don't drink), and lit candles around the room, and soft instrumental music). This took place every evening upon arriving back to our room.
The other thing that I really loved was our view every time we opened our french doors (or opened the nice dark brown blinds that covered the windows). The greenery, the sound of the water and the view of the creek...it was almost like being in the woods (kind of) without the over bearing trees and the animals, lol. The double soaking tub was great...My husband wanted to take it home. The huge shower (with towel racks, a fan and a huge shower head) was the best as well)!!
I loved the hardwood floors, the nice dark brown decor and crisp white linens (that smelled like a hint of bleach...which was okay to us, they were clean) and the modern double sink was so nice! They gave me exactly what I asked for and we were so pleased!! This is going to be our local get away spot when needed.
You must try this place for yourself. I can't write down everything, but I hope you can feel my "grand liken" for this place. It's not a hotel, it's an INN...keep that in mind. Better then some hotels that I've been in for sure. We stayed in the Luxury room (that's the room that I'm describing).

Your friend,

OB

Dear OB,

We are very excited to be named your all time favorite place to get away! Thank you for sharing the extensive details of how enjoyable your experience was and our unique amenities that separate us from the other properties in our area. Our entire staff is thrilled to receive your 5 star ratings and review, and we look forward to having you both as our guests again!

Connie Gore
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My father-in-law booked my wife and I stay at Milliken Creek for our honeymoon along with two flights out to San Francisco. Obviously he has a great sense about him in regards to picking nice places to stay because he hit a home run on this one. From the moment we rolled up to this place we knew we were in for an amazing experience. We were greeted by an extremely nice lady working the front desk who very graciously showed us to our room. The fireplace in the main living room was on and we were immediately showered with the warmth and intimacy that this place offers. It would take me pages to write all the great things about this place but I'll just break into a couple of main points. First, the service in this place is probably the best I've ever had at any hotel I've ever stayed at ever in my 30 years of existence. The staff continuously went out of their way every single time I crossed paths with them to help my wife and I in any way possible. Constantly asking us if we needed help finding this winery or that restaurant. The magic hour every night with the free wine and delicious cheese was pretty amazing as well. The second main point would be the attention to detail that was paid to ensure the luxury of our room was unmatched. The bed was so comfortable that one night we fell asleep early and when we woke up it felt like a cheesy Folgers coffee commercial. Oh, did I forget to mention the complimentary breakfast they serve you each morning... in your room? It was delicious too. Yes, the bottom line is we would most certainly recommend Milliken Creek to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WarmRegards, General Manager at Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Dave H,

It was our extreme pleasure to impress you with the amazing experience our guests should expect while staying with us. Our guests are certainly our main focus at all times. We appreciate you recognizing our efforts to go out of our way to ensure your comfort and take care of all the details. Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate your recommendation and hope that you both will return soon.

Connie Gore, General Manager

Been to Milliken Creek Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!