We chose 1801 as a place to celebrate my birthday, our 12 year anniversary, and a new job.
We were impressed with the beautifully appointed and immaculately clean suite. Very spacious, too.
Two reasons this is a 3-star review instead of higher:
1. The fireplace didn't work!!! I was really looking forward to having some champagne by a romantic fire to after our celebration dinner that night but it was not to be - I was severely disappointed as we spent over 30 minutes on hands & knees trying to get it to function (we were told the pilot light was out the next morning).
2. The noise factor - there was a lot of stomping above us throughout the night so I was not able to get a good night's sleep despite the ultra-comfortable bed and luxurious linens. Definitely request a second floor suite to avoid what I had to endure.
Of special note are the homemade truffles from Chef upon arrival to our suite. They were absolutely melt-in-your-mouth delicious!!! And Chef's breakfast was yummy, too. Also appreciated the little cheese plate Kali set aside for us and placed in our room refrigerator.
- Also Known As:
- 1801 1st Luxury Inn
- 1801 First Luxury Hotel Napa
- 1801 First Luxury Hotel
- 1801 First Luxury Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Graceful rounded bay windows, courtyard gardens and romantic fireplaced lodgings adorn this historic and newly revitalized Queen Anne Victorian. Designed in 1903 by prominent Napa architect William Corlett, 1801 First has been meticulously transformed into an inviting chic retreat, blending its stunning classic architecture with sophisticated styling and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your 1801 First Luxury Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.