“Great location for wine tourists” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Barbara, California
“Great location for wine tourists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We arrived in the wake of the Napa earthquake and were greeted by very calm, organized staff members. I come to Napa a lot for business and had chosen this hotel on this occasion because they're dog friendly and I had my small dog with me. I liked it so much, I know I will return with or without her. No frills, just friendly, polite staff and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear Wendy V,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Although the earthquake did leave us all a bit shaken, we all rallied together and put the hotel back together quickly. We were very fortunate to have just had cosmetic damage, no structural, and nobody was hurt. (other than our nerves of course) I am happy it did not delay your trip.

I hope that you can return soon and see for yourself that we are better than ever.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I just returned from a stay at the Napa Winery Inn and felt compelled to sing their praises. The hotel itself is nice, clean, well maintained and decent - nothing special and in most regions it would be overpriced, but a solid hotel nonetheless. My daughter loved the pool (although it's small) and across the street is a playground, which altogether made this a great place to stay with a family. All that said, the biggest plus about this hotel was their staff. I stayed during the Napa earthquake and can't say enough positive things about all the staff did to make us feel safe, comfortable and at home. Despite what they all must have been dealing with at home, they made sure to get us water, keep us updated, clean our rooms after the chaos and overall make us comfortable. They even offered to refund our prepaid room if we decided to move elsewhere.

Room Tip: It seems like the rooms with double beds are much larger than those with Kings.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Dear William F,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am glad that the staff made you feel safe and comfortable during that bit of rocking and rolling Napa sustained during your stay. I love our staff. It’s nice to know when you are not at work, you can count on your staff to get the job done. I am so very fortunate.

I hope that you can return in the future, we would love to have you stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

we spent a long weekend (Thursay-Sunday) here while doing 2 full days of wine tasting tours. It was very convenient, clean, nice accommodations and worked well for us and my 87 year old father. Great outdoor area where they served wine and snacks in the evening. And the staff was fantastic and very helpful in suggesting evening dinner places and making our reservations for us. And they did an incredible job taking care of us when the earthquake hit (yes, we "lucked" out being there during the Napa earthquake!) and keeping us safe, informed and even pulled out things for us to eat in the dark, wee morning hours when there was no electricity or communications about what was happening. They even got a hold of our shuttle service to get us safely back to the SF airport on Sunday once the roads and bridges were open.

Green Features: Well marked about what to do about towels to save washing. And used china for breakfast rather than disposables.
Dear Janice B,

What a wonderful review, thank you.

I am so glad the staff took care of you and made you feel safe during the Napa Earthquake. It is a blessing for me to have such a great staff.

I was happy to hear that your shuttle back to San Francisco was taken care of, and you made it back safely.

I know that part of your trip was a bit “Shakey”, but I hope that won’t discourage you from returning and spending some more time with us. I hope you make it soon.

Thank you again for your review.
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Too expensive for this hotel... the hotel is noisy close to the highway
The room and the breakfast are rather than common
And the swimming pool is reallu small
I don't recommend this hotel which is like a motel with a luxury hotel price !!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Liz A, General Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Roro3883
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review on Trip Advisor. In our business feedback is so important. Our team try’s to make every guest experience enjoyable. If you are ever in the area again, I would like to invite you back so that my team can have another chance to have the experience you were looking for. We have some exciting changes happening in 2015.

Please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Jeff Perry
Napa Winery Inn
Phone: 707-257-7220
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The staff was helpful and very courteous. Overall an excellent experience. The location was great for the trips to the valley, and convenient also for getting into town. One of the ice machines was down, but the helpful staff did their best with that situation.

• Stayed August 2014
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Paulandbelinda,

So happy to hear from you. Thank you for posting a review.

Thank you also for being understanding about the ice machine.
It has been fixed and is working to full capacity.

I hope that you can return and spend some more time with us and the Napa Valley.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Napa Winery Inn in August 2014.

Good points

1. Excellent service, super helpful and friendly. They even gave us two for one tasting vouchers for local vineyards. The staff really couldn't do enough for us.

2. Room size. Unlike some hotels, the room was plenty big enough with room for our luggage. It had powerful air conditioning, a hair dryer and an iron. It even had a coffee maker.

3. The drive to downtown Napa is only 10min. There's free parking at the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located in the main road which runs from Napa, via Yountville, to St Helena.

Bad points

1. I really do think there should be a safe in each room.

2. There are few decent restaurants in walking distance.

Tips

1. If you plan to enjoy a bottle of wine at dinner, prepare to pay fifteen dollars each way for a cab and make sure you book your cab a few hours ahead. Reception will happily book your cab.

2. We had a nice meal at the Napa Valley Bistro in town.

3. The hotel breakfast is fine and convenient (decent choice for an Inn in my opinion). However if you want a real treat try the Bouchon Bakery in Yountville.

4. The Napa Wine train is a very romantic way to spent an evening. It runs at a gentle pace from Napa to St Helena and serves a divine dinner en route.

Hope this is helpful.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a great thorough review.

You definitely hit on all the right topics. I am happy we did well in most all of them.

I have passed along your comment about the safes and you will be happy to know we are looking into getting safes in the rooms.

I know we have three great restaurants within walking distance from us. Fume Bistro is my favorite, and is just around the corner. Just passed Fume is probably one of the best burger places in town called Red Rock North, and just passed them across the highway is a great little Italian restaurant called Il Posto. There are many more restaurants within a few minutes driving from us as well, and downtown Napa is packed full and only a five to seven minute drive.
You are correct, there is usually a corkage fee at most restaurants. I do know that Rutherford Grill does not have a corkage fee. They are about a 20 minute drive from us and they have the best skillet cornbread I have ever had. Ristorante Allegria in downtown Napa, just stopped by and gave us coupons to offer our guests for either a free appetizer of one free corkage. So next time you are here we would be happy to share this with you.

Thank you again, you are very sweet to post such a nice review.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

The Inn was easy to find, wine tasting in the evening was nice, comfortable and clean room, friendly and helpful staff. Had a great dinner at the Red Hen across the road and a good continental breakfast in the morning.

Dear conclay,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is appreciated.

Sounds like we are a good fit for you and that makes me happy.

Our guests mean everything to us. I am glad you had a pleasurable stay.

I hope to see you around the Inn soon.

Been to Napa Winery Inn? Share your experiences!