“Good Hotel at the South end of the Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Good Hotel at the South end of the Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The staff were wonderful, very helpful at time of booking, when I called with questions and during our stay. The location is good, it's at the South-ish end; north of downtown Napa, Oxbow Market and the Wine Train but just south of where the real trail of wineries begins. Items of note; we stayed Fri - Sun and they had local wineries pour tastings in the hotel lobby evenings, decent continental breakfast with some hot items and indoor / outdoor tables and stop at the front desk for tasting coupons / a map / recommendations. Also, there is a restaurant steps from the front door which we did not eat at but was a convenient feature if we'd wanted to. We were disappointed with the pool; mostly for cleanliness. Hot tub was nice but there were no clean towels in the poolside bin when it opened and the dirty bin was still full from the day before. A/C in the room was loud and labored and housekeeping was only so-so. Only one vending area; 3rd floor. Our room was in the back away from the main drag and stuffy but very quiet. Price was higher than what I am used to but very average for the location and time of year.

Room Tip: We had read before we went to ask for a room away from the main road and did.
Green Features: Standard hang your towels and we won't replace, no bedding changes except on arrival / departure.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear LuvsHugs,
Thank you so much for posting a review of the hotel. It was really nice.
I absolutely love our staff. I am very lucky to feel like I am going home when I come to work. We have all worked together for many years. I think this is why we all work together so well.
I am sorry that you found the pool to be a bit dirty. It might have gotten a lot of use because of the hot weather that weekend, and we need to be more diligent in checking on those areas outside, and making sure there are fresh clean pool towels for everyone.
I have had maintenance replace the air conditioning unit in the room you were in, so it is now humming quietly.
We are making some changes to our rooms this fall and I hope that you can return and see for yourself. Just give me a call and I would be happy to handle your reservation personally.
Thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our family made the Napa Valley and Sonoma area part of our summer vacation. We elected to stay at the Napa Winery Inn and we are so very glad that we did. This was one of the best decisions that we made. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and provided our family with recommended local establishments to visit and provided several coupons for us to use. The hotel staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay and visit the numerous wineries in the Napa region.

Room Tip: Please arrive at the hotel early and ask when they may be having complimentary wine tastings. We pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear AUTigger1998,
What a nice review, thank you.
I am glad that the staff took care of you and your family. Above all, to us, our guests come first. All of our staff have been with us for many years. We are all pretty knowledgeable about the Napa Valley, and we all try to drive around and go places on our days off to become more informed about where and what to recommend to our guests, and we share with each other our findings. It is quite fun to live and work here.
We are making some changes to our rooms this fall. I hope that you can come back and stay with us again soon. Thank you again for your great review.
Largo, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was our 4th time to stay at Napa Winery Inn with our yorkie Nicki. They are very pet friendly. Everyone is friendly and knowledgable about the area. Since our last visit they have added outdoor seating for both morning breakfast and evening wine tasting. It was great to sit outside in the evening and share wine adventures with other guests. Love this place!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Gary K,
We can’t wait for your next visit either. We need our Nicki fix. We enjoy having all three of you stay with us. We just love seeing you walk into the hotel.
Thank you for choosing us. See you soon.
Napa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Good rooms, clean and with a small fridge. Staff are excellent and very helpful. Great location and convenient parking. Good coffee ,average breakfast ,but they do have cookies in the afternoon and apples

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear rbart123,
Thank you for posting a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you can return soon, we would love to see you again.
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I found this hotel on Yelp when we were researching places to stay for our honeymoon. Napa was the last stop on our CA Road Trip Honeymoon. We wanted to stay somewhere nice, but not outrageously priced. Call us crazy but we would rather spend our money at the wineries and on good food. The hotel staff were very friendly and our room was clean. The hotel is located right off of HWY 29 and a short drive from downtown Napa. There was a refrigerator in the room which I always like and wine glasses and an opener so that we could enjoy wine that we purchased during the day. They host a wine hour every evening and serve breakfast in the morning. The wine hour was simple, but nice. They poured two different types of wine each evening and put out a small arrangement of crackers, cheese and fruit. The wine was nothing special, but it was nice. The breakfast was the same- simple, but nice. They offered a few warm breakfast entrees, pastries, bagels, English muffins, yogurt and fruit and beverages. Don't be expected to be wowed by the breakfast, but for us it was perfect. We wanted to eat simply in the morning and then go out for lunch and dinner so this was exactly what we wanted. The pool is small, but nice. The Napa Winery Inn is a lovely, unpretentious hotel in Napa that is a great deal for travelers. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Amanda A,
Loved your review. Thank you for posting it.
I am glad that you made Napa Valley your last stop and that we were the lucky ones that you picked to stay with.
I am so happy you found us to your liking and that you will be back. We are working on our wine list so hopefully when you come back we will have some different wines for you to try and the Manager’s Reception.
Thank you again for posting a review, see you soon.
CHATSWORTH, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We spent 2 nights here and we felt safe and comfortable here. Nice complimentary breakfast, and evening wine & cheese served. Reasonably priced compared to some other places in Napa. Beds were comfortable, AC & TV worked great. Fortunately, couldn't hear any neighbors or traffic.

Room Tip: Arrive early and ask for an improved location.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear BONHARV,
Your review of the hotel is appreciated, thank you.
Happiness is hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. You did, so I am happy. When our guests are happy then we can be happy. Happy, happy, happy. Thank you.
I am glad that you mentioned that you could not hear any traffic noise. Quite often when guests hear that your hotel is off of a highway they worry that there will be traffic noise, but as you found, there really is not. I have been at this property for 21 years and noisy it is not, except in the lobby around 5:30pm as the wine pour gets under way. You might hear laughter and guests conversing with each other if you are walking through during that time.
We are making some changes in the rooms this fall and I hope that you can come back and see everything we have done.
Thank you again. I look forward to seeing you again.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The rooms are not near as nice as I thought it would be, however they are clean and quiet, and the beds and pillows are very comfortable. I would absolutely stay here again for several reasons. The staff is unbelievably friendly. I was here three nights and felt I was part of a family. The wine and cheese happy hour nightly is awesome. You even get to know the other people that are staying there. They have an outdoor patio where you can have your wine at night & enjoy breakfast in the morning. The morning breakfast is great – they even bus your table. Awesome location.

Room Tip: There were three levels. We were on the third level. We actually used the stairs rather than the ele...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. It was awesome.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I do want to let you know that we will be updating our rooms this fall, so I hope that you can come back and see all of the changes.
We will be continuing our Complimentary Wine Reception throughout the year. It is one of my favorite times of the day. It is really fun listening to our guests tell each other about their day, and give each other their recommendations. It’s just plain fun.
Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Napa Winery Inn? Share your experiences!