“Really friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Truro, United Kingdom
“Really friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We only stayed here for 2 nights as part of a bigger touring holiday of California but wished we could have stayed longer. Loved the area, the hotel is unpretentious, clean, and has very friendly and extremely helpful staff, thanks to their accurate directions when we left our drive into San Francisco was stress free The only slight issue was that the air con unit in the bedroom was a bit noisy but that would not stop us returning. The large car park was a bonus as was the small pool, local bar/restaurant was 5 mins walk away and was also excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear Sue F,
Thank you for the wonderful review.
I’d like to also thank you for bringing to our attention the air conditioning unit. We have replaced the unit and it is running like a champ.
I am glad the staff was able to give you accurate directions to San Francisco. The drive can be a challenge some times.
I can’t wait for you to return and see all the wonderful changes to the hotel since your stay. Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel does exactly what it says on the tin! Great night's sleep in comfortable beds, rooms have everything you need and are nicely furnished. Everything very clean and in good condition. Breakfasts, while not extensive, had enough choice of hot and cold foods. Ample parking at all times.Really liked the 24 hour coffee and tea in the reception area. Staff extremely kind and helpful - didn't hesitate to let us keep the room for 2 hours past check out. Had a nice pool area, although we didn't find time to use it. 2 minute drive to Target/various food stores, and restaurant with take out menu 20 seconds from the door of the hotel. Was really well placed for trips to all the vineyards.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Will A,
What a lovely review, thank you. (she says with a big smile on her face)
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it. I just love sharing these reviews with our staff. It just makes their day. Everyone loves affirmation that they are doing a good job. I am lucky to have the staff that I do. We have been together for many years, and we all love what we do. I am glad that they portrayed that to you in their service.
As for our location, I think we are well placed for visiting the Valley as well. Easy access to highway 29, which is the access to all of the wineries as well as downtown Napa, and Sonoma as well. We are right in the middle. Perfect location.
Thanks again, hope to see you again soon.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed my stay. Although I was in the area for work, I loved having the inn as my base location to enjoy my evenings and off time exploring the entire Napa and Sonoma area.

The staff was amazing and extremely cheerful and helpful.

The rooms were nice sized, clean and perfect for a longer stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jpope05,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Napa Winery Inn.
It is always nice to hear when a guest is happy with their experience. I am glad that the staff took good care of you and hope that you can come back soon. Hopefully next time you won’t have to work.
Thank you again.
Waterbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I came for the Brian Culberston jazz fest, which was amazing. And they listed this as one of the hotel/inn participating in the block. We came just for the weekend, the room was clean, and decent, it remind be of a best western. What stood out was the desk service very accomodating, with a genuine concern for our well being....I couldn't although say that for the young man who put out the breakfast food on Monday, he seemed to look and act annoyed, unlike the desk crew. My suggestion is for all staff to be onboard with exceptional service, along with the complimentary wine in the evening, and the quaint pool, this could be our annual jazz hotel.....Will see.

Dear ghumber,
Wow, thank you for the wonderful review.
It always gives me a great big smile when I get a review such as this that tells me the staff is doing their job. I just have to tell you how lucky we are here to have the staff that we do. Most of us have been at this property for many years. We have a report with each other, and can most times finish each other’s sentences. We all think of this as our second home. Our guests come first.
I hope that you will make us your annual jazz hotel we would be proud to have you stay with us every year. Give me a call when you are ready to make your reservations and I will take care of you personally.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We only spent one night here, but it was a very pleasant stay and I would not hesitate to go back. The staff are cheerful, the hotel is very clean, the rooms well furnished and the beds are very comfortable. Good Wi-Fi speed.
There is a free wine tasting in the evening.
Nice garden seating and pool area.

Dear Ally T,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am glad you mentioned the Good WiFi speed. We do have really good WiFi here and it is complimentary which makes it even better.
I love our pool area. It is just nice to come back from a day of wine tasting and sit out by the pool and relax for a bit before dinner, sometimes after dinner on those nice warm evenings. A glass of wine and some good conversation, or perhaps a good book.
I hope you can return soon. Thank you again.
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The reception staff here are the best I have ever encountered. Jeffrey, David and a lovely lady on reception were all exceptional.
The wine hour is fabulous too.

The location is good if you want something out of the city centre but v close to the highway.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Aucktraveller,
Such a nice review, thank you for posting it.
I am happy to hear that our staff took good care of you during your stay. I cannot tell you how lucky I am to have each and every one of them. They are the best. I can tell you that they were extremely excited to see your review and have their names mentioned.
Thank you again. I hope you can come and visit us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We booked this hotel for 2 nights on the off chance at late notice. We were immediately upgraded into a better room which was huge, very clean with really comfortable beds. Although the hotel was just off the main road which initially we were disappointed about, it more than made up for things with very helpful, friendly service. It also had a small swimming pool which we used at the end of the day and each evening they served complimentary cheese and wine. Its really good value, we would return when again in California.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Carolinesugar,
Great to hear from you. Thank you for posting a review.
Glad to hear that we were able to upgrade your room. We try our best when we are not full to upgrade our guests. It is unfortunate that we cannot do this when we are full, but when we can we are more than happy to do so.
I also love our Complimentary Manager’s Reception in the evening. It is a great time for our guests to relax and wind down after a day of touring the Napa Valley. The hot tub is a wonderful choice to relax as well. I am happy you enjoyed it.
Again, thank you. I hope to see you here again soon.

Been to Napa Winery Inn? Share your experiences!