“Great little hotel in Napa, perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 25 hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great little hotel in Napa, perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while exploring Napa! Good price for room including wine reception and hearty breakfast! Staff were very friendly and very helpful! Room was spacious and bedding was up-to-date for a smaller hotel. Very clean and easy access to the main highway! Will definitely stay here again and will recommend to friends and clients!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Brian DJC,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate it.
Thank you for letting us know about your A/C unit. I will definitely pass this on to our maintenance department. We are in the process of replacing all of the units as quickly as we can.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was good to you. Most of us have been at this property for quite some time, and are from Napa or have lived here a long time. We all enjoy helping our guests have the best stay possible.
I can’t say enough about our housekeeping staff. They, like the front desk have been with us a very long time as well. Our team really takes pride in what they do, they are amazing. One thing you can always count on at the Napa Winery Inn, is that you will have a very clean room with an outstanding service commitment.
I want to thank you again for your review. I hope that you can return soon. We are making some more changes this winter, it would be great for you to return and see them.

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
White Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great location off CA-29, the main drag of all the wineries! Very friendly front desk but a little disappointed with the room, dark and needed some updating in the bathroom, carpet. It was perfect for our overnight stay in Napa since we weren't in our room a lot! Complimentary wifi & breakfast was very helpful!

Dear Jadziekan,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I think our location is superb for our wine country traveler’s. We are close to downtown, the wineries as well as Sonoma. It is nice that you thought so too.
I am sorry that your room was not quite what you were looking for, however, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and WiFi. We are continually refurbishing the hotel and have a few projects scheduled for this winter. Thank you for voicing your concerns.
We would love to have you back. Next time you are in the area if you would give me a call I would love to take care of your room accommodation needs.
Thank you again, and remember to give me a call next time you are in the area.
Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We visit Napa several times a year and have stayed with friends and in hotels. This visit I was having difficulty finding hotel reservations to fit our dates when I found Napa Winery Hotel. I called to make the reservations and was delighted talking to Krista at the front desk. The hotel is relatively small - offers a really good breakfast - has a small pool and hot tub. Our room was clean and comfortable other than the lack of a "comfortable" chair to sit in. Several dining choices within walking distance - RT 29 is about a minute from the hotel so you are close to the main route for wine tasting. The front desk staff just couldn't be more helpful with recommendations and advice. Wine tasting (free) from 5:30 to 6:30 in the lobby with cheese, crackers and fruit ... it was really a fun place to gather and talk about how we (fellow guests) spent our day - and making suggestions to each other for the next day.

Room Tip: We had a king deluxe room which had a refrigerator - not sure that all rooms have them.
Dear Debby S,
Thank you so much for your kind review.
It sounds like you just overall enjoyed your stay and that is what we like to hear.
I am glad that Krista was able to assist you with your reservations and answer any questions. We are lucky to have her.
The wine tasting has fast become my new favorite part of the day. We get to listen to our guests adventures, and see them relax at the end of their day. It is really fun for us. Some people might think it gets tedious, but we don’t. Who else can say that they get to work at a place where they meet people from all over the world, and get to give them advice on where to go and what to see in place that you have lived your whole life, and quite honestly love everything about it, and you get to share it with them. Nothing better.
I hope you can come stay with us again soon. It was a pleasure to have you with us.
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have been traveling around for the last two weeks, and since we were only staying one night in Napa, the Napa Winery Inn was a perfect location. The ladies at the front desk were so nice and very helpful. They were interested in you being satisfied and made you feel welcome. The breakfast was great. We were able to attend the wine and cheese tasting they have in the evening and it was really nice. The hotel overall was very cozy, and clean. The only downside was that the bathroom in our room didn't seem to be as clean as I would have liked it, (the shower) it was probably just dated and needs some updating. (Room 321) with that being said, I would stay again, and I would recommend you stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Gail L,
Thank you so much for posting a review. It is so wonderful to hear from our guests.
You just made me smile from ear to ear. I am happy to hear you loved our staff as much as I do. I think we have such a great team here and it’s great that they showed this to you.
I am glad you mentioned the wine pouring, our guests are enjoying this in the evening. What a great way to end your day.
I am sorry to hear that the shower was not to your liking. I understand what you mean and I will definitely bring this to my management’s attention. We have been busy upgrading many things at the hotel including; lobby/café, new beds, linens, carpet, complimentary hot breakfast, and the wine pouring to name a few. I will be sure that this is added to our “hit” list for the near future.
Thank you again. It was a pleasure having you with us and hope that you can return soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Napa Winery Inn is in a solid location- not far from downtown Napa and its shops, but a close drive to all of the vineyards. The restaurant behind the hotel, Fume, is very good, and a quick short walk from the hotel. Really, you're in a great middle location. Less than 10 minutes to Yountville, about the same to downtown Napa, and you're in the middle of all the best wineries within 15 minutes.

We were upgraded to a king deluxe room with whirlpool tub. The room was nice and large, very spacious, more than big enough with a huge, comfortable bed. The included breakfast isn't bad- scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage with plenty of continental options. The wine happy hour is a nice touch- although our two nights there they did have the same wines.

When we were pricing hotels, this one came in substantially cheaper and was worth the saved money. They also run a great online promo when you book where they'll give you 2-for-1 coupons to 3 or 4 vineyards.

Solid hotel- don't expect spectacular, but a good location for your tasting adventure.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ptgt20,

Wow, thank you so much for the great review.
I think our location is a great spot as well. As you said, very easy access to downtown Napa or up to Yountville and beyond. With Fume Bistro right around the corner you can’t go wrong. It is my favorite restaurant in Napa, not only is it close but you can’t beat the food or service, not to mention the price, very moderate for Napa. So glad you enjoyed it.
Glad you had the chance to try out our complimentary hot breakfast. It is always nice to have a little something in the morning to get you going. I think we do a pretty good job of that. I love that we use real plates, silverware, glasses, and real napkins. It gives breakfast a homier feel. Plastic ware just seems so cold.
Sorry to hear that you had to have the same wine two nights in a row. We do try to mix it up during the week with variety so I don’t know what happened there but thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Again, thank you so much. I hope you can return soon, as there are more renovations on the horizon.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We've been at the John Muir Hotel ( which is now called Napa Winery Inn) more than 15 years ago and we really enjoyed it ... Looking for a 4 nights stay with a couple of our friends, we opted for sure NWI. Yes it changed in 15 years, but the reason we've been there and we are back is the same: quality/ service/ friendly staff and of course location . This hotel is located on road 29. We arrived ealier , around 1h00pm and we were lucky that our rooms were ready .
Check-in with Jeffrey was great - he is such a nice person - very helpful ( actually all of them including the manager Liz are great/helpful) . Our rooms were located on the first floor on Trower avenue- view on the parking lot - didnt' hear anything. Bed was comfortable . We had a fridge.
Breakfast was good - bagels/eggs/bacon/sausages/ muffins. etc.. Having a pool/Jacuzzi was great. We usually used it everyday after our wineries tours and before dinner. Every night , there is a cheese/wine tasting ---Last week was Andretti winery - we only participate once since after our day, we had enough of wines.but a lot of clients seems to appreciate it and the participation was high. There are several restaurants you can go - walking distance and I will named them per preference - Bistro fume ( less than 5 minutes) - Trattoria Il Posto ( maybe 10 min) and Conventi ( next door) . Overall, we enjoyed our stay and hope that it won't take another 15 years to return.

Room Tip: Next time we would asked for a 2nd floor on trowe st, it would be possible to open completely the wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Praline23,
It was great to have you back. I was here when you checked in 15 years ago. I was excited to have a couple of previous John Muir Inn guests stay with us and give us their feedback about the New Napa Winery Inn. It is wonderful to hear that you liked everything. Of course Fume Bistro was not there 15 years ago, I think it was called the Flying Boar back then. Fume Bistro is just as fabulous as can be. Il Posto just opened and they are a great addition to the many Valley Restaurants, and nice that they are both so close.
I think 15 years ago we had a continental breakfast, so I am so happy that you enjoyed the new fare. I really like all the new hot items that have been added. We now have such a bountiful hot complimentary breakfast.
Thank you again for your feedback. It was wonderful.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I just finished two days at the Napa Winery Inn. Very nice property, great room, incredibly helpful staff and in a great location. Close to everything in the winery area. The breakfast was great everyday and the wine and cheese tasting every night was a real treat. We'll stay there again and recommend it to all of our family and friends.

Room Tip: We had a great big room #102. Right by the pool and very private. It even had its own little patio...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear BarryMack,
Thank you so much for posting a review, and so quickly.

We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay. It was great having you stay with us. We can’t wait to have you come back with your group in January.

It is always great to hear that the staff was helpful and accommodating. It really is what we are here for.

I just love our breakfast. It just has a little bit of everything. So glad you enjoyed it.

The wine tasting in the evening is my new favorite. We started out just doing the wine pour on the weekends, but found that it was just such a great success we started having it every night and I am so glad we did. I just love seeing everyone enjoying themselves. It is certainly a great way to wind down after a day touring the valley or in some cases a day of work in the valley. I find that quite a few guests use the wine pouring to sit and plan the next day’s adventure.

Again, thank you for choosing the Napa Winery Inn, see you in January if not sooner.

Been to Napa Winery Inn? Share your experiences!