“Delightful place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wichita, Kansas
“Delightful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We arrived late at night; our host voiced that he had "been watching" for us to arrive. He asked questions about our reasons for traveling in that area, and then printed out information about the wineries we wished to visit. The place was very clean, beds very comfortable, and we ate a delicious breakfast at tables set with cloth napkins. I would be delighted to stay there again, and to recommend it to my best friends.

Room Tip: If something specific matters to you, I got the impression that all you had to do was ask this staff...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear ML,

We are delighted with your review. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We really want our guests to feel welcome and comfortable staying with us, I am glad the desk clerk was watching for you, and was able to give you the information you needed to make your stay a memorable one.

We will continue to make improvements to enhance our guest’s experience. We can’t wait for you to return and see them.

Thank you again for your review. It is greatly appreciated.

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I chose to spend our first trip to Napa at the Napa Winery Inn and we weren't disappointed. All of the other things the reviews have said is true. The staff is genuinely lovely and helpful. The rooms have nice proportions and the bed is super comfortable. It was great to have a variety of restaurants within walking distance for dinner as we were in no condition to drive after a day of tasting! We also definitely enjoyed the evening tasting. My one complaint has to do with pets, I think it's great when hotels allow pets as it is always sad to leave them home alone. However, I was really upset to see guests bring their dogs into the breakfast area. I think it's inappropriate and inconsiderate to the other guests to have an animal in a food service area. Especially given that people may have severe allergies or simply be uncomfortable around them. One of the guests was having trouble getting her animal to be still and while there were several staff members in the vicinity not one suggested that she return the dog to her room while she ate. I admit I found this appalling and spent the remainder of my breakfast hoping that her animal wouldn't come snatch the bacon off my plate. It wasn't fair to me or the other guests and the staff should have intervened.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear WaltzingWorld,

Thank you for posting a review. It was very nice.

I am grateful to you for bringing to our attention that
there was a dog in the breakfast area. I have gone over this
with our staff since your visit and we revised our pet policy
to include that unless it is a service animal pets are not
allowed in the Lobby Cafe while food is being served. I
apologize that it was not addressed by our staff at that time.

I am happy that you did enjoy your stay and hope that
you can return soon.
RVC, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I required a hasty exit from the Calistoga Spa Resort as we were looking for a quiet place to stay and the resort was overrun by loud, noisy kids. We located the Napa Winery Inn and found them to be truly accommodating. Friendly is their middle name. The room was clean. The entire hotel looked immaculate. The daily breakfasts were excellent. The staff was just excellent. If you are looking for a clean, friendly hotel, this is the place for you. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear AnnH,

Thank you, what a wonderful review.

We were just so happy to have you stay with us. It is nice to know that our staff is doing their job and making our guests feel welcome. I am sorry that you had to move hotels, but I am very glad you chose us.

I believe we have one of the best Housekeeping Staff around. Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness. Often times we forget how much work goes into keeping the hotel clean. They do a great job and I will be sure and share your review with them.

Thanks again for the great review. Hope to see you soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Overall:
This is a nice looking and well located hotel. Choice Hotel brands can be dodgy sometimes, but this one is a real gem for the brand. The location near the city of Napa makes it convenient to most wineries in the Napa valley and Sonoma County. The staff are nice, there is plenty of parking and free wine in the evening. The ONLY down side to this hotel is the lack of a fitness center.

Property:
Nice looking property and in good order. The carpets were clean and everything was well kept. It is clearly a older property, but everything is updated and kept well. Plenty of shaded parking is available and there are two restaurants beside the hotel (one shares the parking lot). Both restaurants are good, Fume was pricier and more upscale, but both are tasty and reasonably priced, for Napa anyway.

Lobby:
Nice entry area with two desk positions and a breakfast area with a flat screen TV. This is also where the evening wine tasting is served.

Room:
We had a room facing north, so not on the street (facing the parking lot). The room had the standard flat screen TV, desk/table and chairs, bed, and bathroom. It was tastefully decorated and nice. The AC was cold and worked well.

Internet:
Free wifi is available throughout the hotel. The speed was fine for casual browsing. There is also a PC in the lobby that can be used for browsing and printing.

Dining:
The breakfast was good, typical hotel fare. Eggs (boiled and scrambled), bacon, bagels, cereal, etc. The real star was the free wine and cheese tasting in the evening. The pours were generous and the cheese was good. Other hotels seem to push sales of the wines or visits to the winery, but this one does not do that. They always had a red and white available and will not hesitate to open a new bottle if needed.

Staff:
Staff at this property are great, very friendly and helpful.

Location:
Near the city of Napa and close to all the wineries in the Napa Valley and not far from Sonoma. Overall we found the location easy to get in and out of and perfect. If/when we return I believe this will be our fist choice.

Dear TampaSteve,

I must say this is one of the best reviews. Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thorough review. It is greatly appreciated. I loved the photos.

I have been at this property for 21 years, and I have never been more proud to work here than I have in the past year. The renovations and upgrades that have been put into this little “Gem” have been great. From the new beds, bedding, linen, flat screen televisions, carpet, brand new lobby. The new Lobby Café where our complimentary hot breakfast is served each morning and where our complimentary wine tasting is each evening, with new hardwood floors. The great thing is that when we finish one improvement, we continue on to more improvements. Continually changing and evolving to help our guests have a wonderful experience while they are visiting us. That is why it is so nice that you posted your review. We love to hear that it is working, that our staff is friendly and welcoming; our rooms are clean and shiny. We share all of our reviews with our staff daily. Good and not so good. This is how we know what works and what does not work.

Thank you again. Hope to see you again soon.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently hosted a large Napa Valley wedding at a Ranch in the hills of St. Helena. We needed a place for over one hundred out of town guests. We initially settled on a beautiful spa in the region. Then we realized that wedding guests would include young families, graduate students, people just out of college struggling with loans, and needed to be realistic about providing an affordable option. After visiting it, we chose the Napa Winery Inn as the alternative to the spas that cost four times as much per night.

It turned out to be so fantastic that most people canceled their stays at spas to be at the Inn, including people who could have afforded to stay anywhere. The Napa Winery Inn provided our guests and us with a perfect stay. The front staff is well trained, and exceedingly polite and competent. The hotel itself is at a perfect location, at what I would describe as the best entry point for exploring the Napa Valley.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and modern. A comfortable bed is a must for me, and the bed was excellent. The pool and hot tub are beautiful, private, quiet. There are two very nice restaurants a 3 to 4 minute walk away, and many more restaurants from great to gourmet within a few minutes drive. The hotel provides one of the best complementary breakfasts that I've seen, with great choices from healthy to splurge, with full table ware, not paper napkins and cafeteria trays. There is a wonderful park across the street with a path that I used for morning and evening walks.

Despite the hotel having I guess about 50 rooms, they provide an intimate feel. We heard not one complaint from any of our guests, only praise. We wound up extending our stay. If I were to be the father of the bride of a Napa Valley wedding again I would choose the Napa Winery Inn without a moment's hesitation. We explored a number of hotels and hotel-spas, and I don't think you can do better than to choose this place as "headquarters" for a Napa Valley wedding, at any price.

Room Tip: Room 102 is nice and private, has its own little outdoor patio that opens up to the pool and hot tub...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear NonSoLo,

Thank you for your review, it was just splendid.

We were certainly happy to have your large group with us. All of your guests were so nice. The staff liked you just as much as you liked us. It was a great weekend. You couldn’t have asked for better weather. It was fun to see all of your guests that hadn’t see each other in a while. It was so much like a reunion too. We all loved it. It was a happy weekend.

Thank you for mentioning our location. I think we are perfectly situated as well. It is easy to go North up valley to the wineries or just 20 minutes South West to Sonoma.

We do try our best to make all of our guests feel welcome and relaxed while they are with us, a home away from home if you will. That is why we provide real napkins, silverware, plates, and glasses. How can you relax, if you are eating off of paper plates and using plastic glasses, forks, spoons, and knives. We do try to add the little touches where ever we can.

Thank you again. I hope you and your guests can come visit us again sometime. I was such a pleasure having you with us.
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us by a local travel agent, and he was right on target. We had a great three-night stay at this hotel which had outstanding accommodations, a bountiful breakfast and a most helpful staff. The room was very comfortable -- the largest of our trip. Because a horrible hotel experience in San Francisco cut that stay from two nights to one, we were able to add another night in the Napa Winery Inn. The man who handled our urgent request was cordial. When we checked in, a local winery manager happened to stop at the front desk. He gave us his card and told us to stop by for a wine tasting, which we did. The hotel personnel were helpful in showing us what to see and where to go. We had a great restaurant recommendation for Fish Story in downtown Napa and another to stop at Oxbow Market, which is very cool. The hotel is located at the south end of the valley with Napa wineries to the north and Sonoma wineries to the west -- all within a short drive. We would definitely return to the Napa Winery Inn and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in a mostly residential area, so it was quiet where every you went.
Dear Odoyle584,

Your review was so nice. It made me smile, thank you.

I would love to thank the Travel Agent that recommended us.

I was excited that you got to stay with us for an additional night, and that the request was handled properly.

Thank you for mentioning the size of the rooms. I think they are a nice size as well.

I am glad the staff could give you ideas of where to eat and things to go see and do. Most of the front desk staff were either born here or have lived here for many years, and we encourage them to go out and explore the Valley so that they can recommend different things to our guests. The wineries and wine bars often times will have an event a couple of times a year for just Hospitality Staff so that we can all go and see their properties. It helps them, it helps us, and therefore it helps us help you. There are really so many things to do here in the Valley, like the Oxbow Market that you were referred to. You don’t necessarily have to be a wine drinker to come to Napa Valley. We have great shopping, restaurants, microbrewery’s. It is nice to hear that you got to experience so much.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you can return in the near future.
Valley Center
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

So close to all the winery and everything we need for our ten day trip. Hotel personnel was very friendly and will to help with what we needed. Liz works the fron counter and she was the nicest lady ever....Breakfast was included in our stay and was very good. Late in the day they served wine and cheese, a nice touch....The hotel was very clean and the beds were the best....

Dear Robyn N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review here. I would also like to thank you for the wonderful compliment. I am just so happy that you had a great stay.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and the wine tasting. We really do try and make our guests feel at home here.

I too love that we are so centrally located that it is easy to tour Napa and/or Sonoma from our location.

Thank you again. I hope you can come back and visit us again soon.

Been to Napa Winery Inn? Share your experiences!