“bike ride trip” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Valley Center
“bike ride trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

So close to all the winery and everything we need for our ten day trip. Hotel personnel was very friendly and will to help with what we needed. Liz works the fron counter and she was the nicest lady ever....Breakfast was included in our stay and was very good. Late in the day they served wine and cheese, a nice touch....The hotel was very clean and the beds were the best....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Robyn N,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review here. I would also like to thank you for the wonderful compliment. I am just so happy that you had a great stay.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and the wine tasting. We really do try and make our guests feel at home here.

I too love that we are so centrally located that it is easy to tour Napa and/or Sonoma from our location.

Thank you again. I hope you can come back and visit us again soon.

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great location for touring wine country! It's located just off the highway to Yountville, St Helena and Calistoga . Easy to get to. Staff was very helpful and did research for us on cab fares, dry cleaning and bus tours. Rooms were larger than the one we stayed at in San Francisco (courtyard Marriott financial district) and the free daily wine tasting from 5-6 was icing on the cake. Not to mention the daily hot breakfast, which consisted of fresh fruit, cheese omelettes, bacon, sausages, two types of bread, cereal, yogurt and juice. That was free, by the way, and if you've ever stayed in napa valley, you know that it's nice to save a little cash on meals cause its expensive! Overall the best hotel I've stayed at for quite some time. Highly recommend it! Great value! Oh, the outdoor hot tub was nice after a day of drinking wine (or numerous days, as it were).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Curtis R,

Such a great review, thank you very much.

We are all happy to hear that your visit to the Napa Winery Inn was a success.

I really like our location as well. Such easy access to the wineries and restaurants.

I think our breakfast is one of the best around. Not often do you have the variety of items that we have as well as, real silverware, plates, glasses and cloth napkins. It is a great way to start the day.

Our nightly complimentary wine tasting is a new feature. As you know our staff pours a local wine during the week and on Friday and Saturday nights February through October we have a local winery come in and pour for our guests. We do offer cheese, crakers, and fruit nightly as well. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it. It is a nice way to relax after a day of touring the valley and before dinner.

Thanks again for posting such a nice review. Hope you can come and see us again.
Southington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were on an eight day trip to California and booked this hotel because of its proximity to the Napa Wine Train. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in choosing wineries and other activities in the region. Breakfast which was included provided a choice of warm and healthy choices. We were pleased with the additional perk of wine (from an area vineyard) along with fruit and cheese , each evening from 5:30 until 6:30. (We met many friendly people.) A restaurant next door made it possible to have lunch or dinner without driving.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Dot d d,

Thank you so much for posting a review.

We were happy to have you stay with us, and it is nice to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We do our best to try and make our guests feel welcome and at home.

I am glad that you were able to partake in our complimentary hot breakfast and our wine tasting each evening. I feel they both add a little bright spot to start and end your day.

I hope the rest of your vacation was just as pleasant. Hope to see you again soon.
suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I looked at a bunch of hotels and their reviews before picking this one. We really enjoyed the hotels amenities and their location.
We had roamed around downtown Napa for a while before we checked in, so we got to the hotel close to check in time. The staff was really friendly and inviting. They reminded us that they would be doing a wine tasting in a couple hours to make sure we didn't miss it, and gave us the details for breakfast the next morning.
The room was cute, the layout could have had a couple improvements. 1st the closet, area is adjacent to the bathroom, which made it a bit awkward when grabbing something from the luggage if someone was in the bathroom, it was really tight. The Kitchenette was right behind you there too.
We found the refrigerator under the skin, it's disguised nicely to not stand out from the rest of the furniture. We noticed where the microwave would have gone, if there was one in the room. The screen wasn't properly on the window, so there were several large bugs on the window, so we opted to not open the window, and just kept the AC on. There could have been a few more accessible plugs for charging items, some were on the lamps, but they didn't seem to work unless the lights were turned on.
There was a lot of seating in the room, and lots of lighting. The beds were very comfortable. We were close to the downtown area, which is where we spent most of our time, walking around, checking out the tasting rooms, and going to the wine train.
The wine tastings were in the evenings about dinner time and they would serve some cheese and crackers and taste different wines each day. We only made one day, because the other day fell in the middle of our dinner plans. The breakfast was nice, it changed slightly each morning, we would grab some food before heading out each day, enough to tie us over until lunch time.
There is a great restaurant within the parking lot, that serves a wide variety of foods and the staff there is super friend. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Travel4Fun31,

Wow, a very nice review. It is greatly appreciated, thank you.

This is a great review because you have touched on a little bit of everything that we offer here at the Napa Winery Inn. Your comments about the layout of the room were great, and I will pass those along to the powers that be. We do have microwaves upon request. I know what you mean about the outlets, you can never have enough.

I am glad that you liked the beds; they are new, as are the pillows, linen, and duvet’s. Our recent remodel included those items as well as new carpet, a brand new lobby, with lobby café, our complimentary hot breakfast, and complimentary nightly wine pouring. We have more upgrades coming in the near future.

Thank you again. I hope you can come and see us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My daughter & I were very happy with this hotel. The staff were beyond friendly, offering us assistance at any time of day or evening. The wine tasting was nice, the breakfast was quite adequate. The hotel is on the main drag, about 2 or 3 miles from the center of town, but it was not an issue. It was very easy to get anywhere in the valley.

The room was very large and the beds were very comfortable. The pool is very small, just large enough to cool off. I would definitely stay there again, and would recommend it to any friends visiting the Napa area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Los Angelino,

Wow, what a nice review, thank you so much.

It is really nice to hear that you enjoyed the size of our rooms, and the brand new beds, and our friendly staff. It is always great when everything comes together.

We began doing wine tastings in the evenings back in mid-February. Our guests have enjoyed it so much. Our staff pours for our guests during the week and we have various wineries come in to pour on Friday and Saturday nights. I love that we also have cheese, crackers and fruit with the pouring as well. It just makes us happy when our guests are happy.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Can’t wait to see you hear again in the future.
Saratoga, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was a reasonably priced hotel with all of the standard amenities in addition to a hot breakfast in the morning and wine tasting in the evening. The best part, though, was that the people were so very friendly and helpful. I really felt welcome. The only thing I would do differently would be to pack less. With the outlet mall two exits away, I could have bought everything I needed for my trip. The hotel is right on the highway, which might make it noisy, but also makes it convenient to anywhere. I personally didn't notice the highway noise from the parking lot side of the building. There was free parking, too. An added bonus was that it was dog friendly. I didn't have a dog, but seeing them there made me happy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KelinSaratoga,

What a great review, thank you so much for posting it.

I am glad that you did not notice the noise from the highway. I have been at this property for 20 years and I can honestly say that I have never really noticed the highway. I believe the reason this is, is because we are placed far enough away and our rooms do not face the highway.

It is great that you enjoyed seeing that we are dog friendly. We do love our pets here. They make us happy too.

We are conveniently located close to the outlet mall, and other shopping as well. We seem to have a little bit of everything close by, a convenience store, Target, Starbucks, Restaurants, etc.

I am happy to hear that our staff made you feel welcome. We try to do our best to make everyone feel at home here.

Thank you again. I hope you can visit us again soon.
Houston, Texas, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean quiet room. Staff very helpful in giving recommendations of local attractions. Wine tasting in lobby was a nice perk. Very close to local attractions. Will stay again during next visit to the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stan H,

We are so thankful for your review. It is greatly appreciated.

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay; this is always great to hear.

I will definitely pass on your comments to all of the staff. They will be happy to hear them.

One of the most important things I think that guests look for is a clean comfortable room, and a nice friendly staff. It is great to know that you found this here.

Thank you again for posting a review. Hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Been to Napa Winery Inn? Share your experiences!