“Great spot, and great service” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Great spot, and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice hotel, with a great staff. Decent breakfast included, and the 15% off weekday rate is a bargain. Well located, with a terrific restaurant (Fume) with walking distance, 475 ft!

Something smeared on the underside of the iron got on my shirt (luckily I'd begun with the underside of the collar so I could still wear it), and the manager offered to run out to Brooks Brothers to replace it for me. Now that's great customer service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Jeff W.,

Thank you for your review, it was very nice of you and much appreciated.

It is nice that you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the 15% off mid-week rate offer.

Often times it can be hit and miss when it comes to restaurants, but luckily here in the Napa Valley there are many, many great restaurants and the Fume Bistro is actually one of my absolute favorites. Great service, great food, it is so great that you felt the same way.

I would like to apologize for the iron and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Hope to see you soon and thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ione, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Napa Winery Inn has a lovely staff; clean, well-appointed rooms; and full breakfast service. The four star ratings reflect what I consider to be nice accommodations at a reasonable price. It is conveniently situated in the southern part of the Napa Valley. My husband and I were in Napa to ride in a charity bicycle ride and the starting line was less than half a mile from the hotel. It was a perfect location for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AvidTraveler 1946,

Wow, what an awesome review. Thank you for posting it.

I am excited that you loved our staff. I love them too. Most of the front desk and housekeeping staff have been with us for years. They really enjoy what they do, they take pride in their work, and it shows. I just read something today that kind of hits the spot with our staff; “the secret of success is making your vocation your vacation”. You have to like what you do.

I think our location is perfect for most everyone, whether you are here for a day or ten days.
Since we are centrally located between downtown Napa, the Wineries, and close to where events start and / or finish, we are in an ideal spot.

Thank you again, it was great to have you with us. Come back soon.
Monterey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

WE recently stayed at the Napa Winery Inn for one night stay. I was very impressed with the check in agent and the Front Desk Supervisor in the morning, both very courteous. The rooms were clean. Breakfast was nice. Small pool out front was nice to sit around at. Wine tasting was nice feature. Thanks,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TravellerMonterey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I am glad to hear that your experience with us was a good one.

I hope you can come back soon and see the changes at the pool area. In the near future we will be getting new pool furniture, also the grape vines around the pool are filling in nicely and both will add so much to the look and feel of the pool area.

I also think breakfast is one of the best around. A nice hot complimentary breakfast is just the thing to get your day started, and then finish the day with our complimentary wine tasting in the evening. I am happy that you got to enjoy both.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.
Rosemead, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very clean and friendly service. Free Breakfast 6:30 to 9:30 am
Good location, near dowtown Napa, and many Wineries
Excellent customer service.
Special Mention, "Jeffrey" excellent employee

had a great stay...........Louie and Betty Lacasella

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Lacasella,

It is just awesome to hear from our guests. We loved having you stay with us. Thank you.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I think our location is perfect as well.

So good to know that our staff is doing their job, thank you for mentioning Jeffrey, he is such a joy to have here. We really do have a special staff. More than anything we pride ourselves on our very clean rooms and very friendly service.

We just finished remodeling the lobby area. We have a new front desk, lobby/café with hardwood floors, not to mention that we also have new carpet throughout, new beds, bedding, flat screen televisions, plus we serve a hot complimentary breakfast daily, and complimentary nightly wine pouring.

Thank you for staying with us. We can’t wait to see you again in the future.
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

After having our dinner in Sonoma, we drove to Napa .We didn't see right away the hotel from the road but we located it after a little while. It was a little past eight in the evening when we checked-in at Napa Winery Inn. The front desk staff was accommodating.Our room was on the third floor. The room was clean and big . We had two comfortable queen-size beds, a working table-maybe for your lap tap, another table with a flat screen TV and a small dining table. The bathroom and toilet was also big. The clothes cabinet was also big. The room was very impressive. Even though there was no free wi-fi, parking was free and the complementary breakfast was abundant. The hotel also offers complementary wine tasting in the late afternoon. When I saw the facade of the hotel in the morning, it was beautiful. Initially, when we checked-in in the evening, I thought it's awful.The staff were all nice.I would say customer service is excellent. There was this front desk staff , a native of my country, who told me some helpful tips and information in touring Napa Valley. We had a pleasant stay !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear CaliElli,

Thank you so much for posting a review. It is great to hear from our guests.

I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I think our rooms are a very good size as well. I am glad you enjoyed the queen size beds. We just upgraded all of rooms with two beds to two queens, as well as the new larger flat screen televisions.

We do have free WiFi, so I apologize that you were not made aware that we in fact not only have WiFi, but it is completely free.

I think our front desk staff is the best. Most of us have been with this property for some time and just really enjoy the Napa Valley, and love to share it with all of our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope you can stay with us again soon.
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The entire Napa Winery Inn staff was amiable and professional. Great place to stay for pet lovers. Hotel charged $50 pet cleaning fee for the entire stay! This hotel also offers complimentary tastings hosted by local winery's. Great place for a great value! Thank you! The Preza's

• Stayed March 2013
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear LoveFoodNWine (The Preza’s),

So glad to hear that you had a great stay. Thank you for writing a review and letting us know. It was great to meet you.

We are happy that you were able to bring your pet with you. We look forward to meeting all of our guest’s best friends.

We love that wineries are able to come and pour wine for us on Friday and Saturday evenings and it is great that you got to experience that. We do have a wine tasting every evening, hosted by our staff Sunday through Thursday and a different winery on Friday and Saturday.

Thank you for mentioning that we are a great value. I believe we are as well. Here at the Napa Winery Inn, you get bang for your buck. A complimentary Hot Breakfast with real plates, mugs, glasses, silverware & cloth napkins. A complimentary nightly Wine Pouring. Fresh Baked Cookies and Milk upon arrival. Hot Coffee available from 5:00am until 10:00pm. We also have 2 for 1 coupons for various wineries.

Thanks again. Hope to see you here again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were very impressed with the Napa Winery Inn! This is a new Ascend Collection hotel, recently converted from a Quality Inn. I could sense that the staff are excited about the future of this new hotel, as well they should be. Even though it was not busy during the off season, I am sure it will pick up once known. The location on CA-29 is in close proximity to many wineries.

First of all, we were greeted with an upgrade to the whirlpool suite and I was greeted as an Choice Privileges Platinum member. I was very pleased and surprised as this kind of upgrade almost never happens with the Choice Hotels brand. The room was spotless and well lit! We thought we were the first guests to ever stay in the room. The windows could be opened to enjoy the fresh Napa air. The suite had a separate sitting area, refrigerator, microwave, corkscrew and even real wine glasses. The whirlpool was in the bathroom.

The front desk went out of their way to help each guest. I asked for a simple butter knife and the agent took the time to the back and roll up a set of silverware for me with a real cloth napkin. The little details count here. It was the beginning of March, so I believe the heated pool and hot tub are open year round. The free breakfast was very good. They even served it on real plates.

This hotel was an excellent choice! They proved that they value our business. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel... view of the local neighborhood.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Hippo5,

It is just awesome that you took the time to post a review. I am very grateful. .

Trip Advisor is such a great way to review your stay, and your review was just tremendous, thank you.

I am glad you enjoyed your upgraded room. We were excited that we were able to do it.
Our Choice Members are important to us and we want you to feel important.

The Napa Winery Inn, for all intense and purpose is a brand new hotel. We started with our new name in May of 2012, when we became the Napa Winery Inn. As you mentioned in your response, we did convert from Quality Inn to an Ascend Collection Member on February 5, 2013. This was largely in part due to all of the room upgrades; including new carpet, beds, bedding, flat screen televisions and lobby/café remodel, with our daily complimentary hot breakfast, with real plates, real glasses, real silverware, and cloth napkins. A nightly complimentary wine pouring is also included with cheese, crackers and fruit.

I have been at this property for 20 years and have never been more proud of my second home. We are very fortunate to have a staff that has been with us for many years, a staff that love what they do, and I am so happy they conveyed that to you.

Our pool and hot tub are open all year; however, the pool is solar heated so in the winter it can be a bit on the cold side. The hot tub is heated all year.

Again, thank you. Please come and see us again soon!

Been to Napa Winery Inn? Share your experiences!