“Great location and service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Napa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Cupertino, California
“Great location and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel is in the middle of Napa Valley within 5 minutes drive from downtown. The service is outstanding. If you are into wine tasting, they serve wine every evening. They also have wine tasting discount coupons and free coupons for some of the wineries. I got a coupon that saved me $40 for a local winery. The best wineries are in Sonoma were many wineries do not have a wine tasting charge.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonNapaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Napa, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your review from your stay in July, it is always wonderful to know how our services and amenities help our guests enjoy their stay with us. We are very happy to hear you were able to save $40 with out complimentary tasting coupons offered at the Front Desk!

We would love to have you return and stay with us should you consider a visit back to Napa!

Hilton Napa Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Jackson, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member for several years now. I found this hotel via a wine tasting tours in Napa Valley. The reason I picked this hotel was because the Wine Tasting Tour would pick you up and drop you off and I am a Hilton Honors member.
1) I understand that Napa, CA is laid back with wineries, wine, and wine tasting, but this hotel charged between $200-250/night to stay there. Over priced in my book! The price would not have been so bad had there been a lot to do in Napa, CA.
2) The hotel is not near anything in downtown Napa, CA. Nor is it near much of anything else. Except the wineries. So one must drive a distance to find anything they might like. Now I said that to say this, it is right off of the interstate, four-lane highway, etc. So easy on and easy off.
3) Do not get the breakfast!! It is way over priced even for a Hilton member hotel. It was $14/ person and I believe it was all you could eat. It better be for that price.
4) The staff was friendly and very helpful to my wife and I since I am from West Tennessee. I know my way around and can get to places without a lot of help. But the front desk staff really helped me every time I had a driving question, or a question about Napa, Sacramento, San Francisco, etc.
5) I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste while on this trip, and they gave me 2x daily a free toothbrush and toothpaste so I could brush my teeth.
6)Overall the room was nice, clean, smelled fresh, and looked fairly new.

But to be honest they could come down on their nightly prices. Bring down the price of breakfast some and I think they would get better results. I did not have any problems with any staff member whatsoever. Do I recommend this Hilton Garden Inn? I do if you want to visit the wineries, be laid back and visit Napa, CA for a few days. I do not recommend this hotel if you are just passing through for the night. It is not worth the price they charge nightly. I am still a Hilton Honors member and will be. I will more than likely look into staying somewhere else in Napa or at another Hilton Family Hotels before staying here again. Simply because of the price and nothing else.

Green Features: Good practices to help the environment. Very impressed with their practices.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonNapaManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Napa, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Randy,
Thank you very much for your detailed review of your stay with us. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your visit in Napa.

As a Hilton Hhonors member we truly value your opinions and appreciate you informing us of your thoughts so that we may work on improving our services and amenities in the future.

If you return to our area, we do hope you will consider giving us a second chance

Guest Service Supervisor
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Husband and I spent ten days at this property -- plenty of time to make a few notes and explore our surroundings in between vacation adventures.

Great location, right off Hwy 29, five minutes to downtown Napa, but in the middle of 'locals' shopping (Target, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Orchard Hardware Supply, Walgreens, Ulta, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Safeway & Lucky Grocery, Copperfield's Bookstore - awesome!) and eating (Chipotle, Starbucks, Villa Corona, 'fast food' joints, Habit Burger, Squeeze Inn Burgers - both really good for a splurge), which is super-convenient when the expensive restaurants may not be an option one evening (or two). Easy highway access for day trips (we took several). About 75 minutes to San Francisco, one hour to Muir Woods National Park, 45 minutes to Sonoma (small roads), one hour to Calistoga (Hwy 29 traffic north is slow).

Hotel decor is lovely: warm, rich colors (Pottery Barn, I believe), and comfortable. Hotel restaurant is good. We selected the breakfast pkg with our reservation - good value ($13.95/person for unlimited hot breakfast). Starbucks coffee.... Recommend this option! BIG shout-out to our breakfast waitstaff (Billy, Myranda, Michaela, Alycia) and the chef who expertly prepared my requested no butter/oil/cheese egg white scramble each morning..... thank you! Al fresco dining, too..... nice.

We had a King room (jr suite?) with whirlpool.... LOTS of room for two people! His/Hers 3-drawer dressers, two TVs, sitting area, ample bathroom (single sink), adequate closet, and coffee/fridge area. Keurig coffee maker - nice touch, but wasteful (indiv pkging), which is odd in a green-friendly hotel. Tip 1: Request TOP floor if possible. Upstairs guests (our room was changed - my mistake) kept me awake for their three-night visit. Quiet when empty & noisy when occupied again. Ugh! Tip 2: Don't worry about noise at 'front' of property (facing Hwy 29). Not an issue. Tip 3: Bring your favorite coffees for Keurig. Tip 4: Whirlpool room not a good choice for limited mobility guests. Shower is in the whirlpool tub (not separate). Stepping in & out was 'climbing' in/out for my 5'4" frame..... a little tricky after back surgery (or before AM coffee!). Not a problem for 6' husband.

Size: This is a smaller property, maybe 200(?) rooms on three floors, with a small pool & outdoor area. Laundry services & one/washer dryer available...handy for longer visits. Lots of 'community' areas in lobby, with comfortable couches/chairs, and TVs. Limited parking. Starbucks in the lobby. Plenty of hallway noise - kids running, doors slamming.

Front desk and Housekeeping always responsive and efficient. Thank you. Jacquelyn checked us in upon arrival: friendly, welcoming, and professional. Thank you. :)

Fellow runners/walkers: I discovered an easy 3-mile path near the hotel (I run & see where I end up.... Forrest Gump runner! LOL) It was safe, with lovely homes, friendly locals, three schools, two churches, lots of pretty landscaping, and NO dogs. MapMyRun app measured 3.6 miles, with two laps around 1/4 mile track near end of run.

Map: Standing at front of property (facing Hway 29), turn left. Go to light/intersection (Trower). Turn left. Go to Linda Vista. Turn left. Go to Redwood. Turn left. Redwood turns into Trancas at Solano. At Solano, turn left. Continue to hotel.

*Redwood Middle School is about two blocks behind hotel. They have a very nice 1/4 mile track open to the public on nonschool days. Small fitness room on site, too.

Overall, we really liked this property, would recommend, and stay again....but only on top floor! Four stars out of five due to (limited) front desk daily interactions, which I believe will be addressed quickly (not major, but being directed to Guest Services Mgr via email), and hallway/upstairs noise level. Also, while we LOVE the firm Hilton beds, the room furniture is not comfortable for evening relaxation.

Thanks to the @HGINAPA staff for the hospitality. :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Newton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed for two nights while we toured the wineries of Napa. We had a comfortable king room, with everything in good condition and clean. The wifi worked well and we also used the business center to print boarding passes. The hotel's restaurant served an all you can eat breakfast for $13.95 and we found it our liking. The quality and variety of offerings were well done and thought it was as good a value as finding a diner. We also used the fitness room, though small, had decent cardio machines with TV's and headphones. Other than breakfast and working out, we really only slept here, spending the rest of the time touring. Napa has lots of great hotel experiences, but for simple, comfortable and clean lodging at a reasonable price, HGI-Napa wont disappoint.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. It pleases us to know you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast, and we are very glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary amenities, such as our wi-fi and 24-hour fitness room.

We look forward to your return
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

From the minute we landed here the staff were extremely helpful, they help us book our wine tour and they gave us advice on where to go and what to do. Reception staff couldn't be any more accommodating in particular Krystal, Thalia and Bunny. Thanks

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
On behalf of all of the staff, we truly appreciate your review of your visit to our hotel. It is great to know that our Front Desk Staff had attended to your expectations.

We have forwarded your wonderful comments to the proper management so they may be rewarded for their excellent job!

Looking forward to your return!
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great hotel to stay after the Napa Valley Wine & Dinner Train Tour. Close located to Train station. Hotel ambiance is great. Breakfast area is excellent. Food very good. Fast internet service. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your vacation package with us Mary, thank you for all your kind words.

We look forward to a return visit from you

Cary, North Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We went therefor 1 night to visit some wineries. The hotel gave me a free bottle of wine for following them on Twitter. Great breakfast in the morning and a friendly staff. I left my iPad in the room and the hotel worked with me to ship it to my hotel. Great job.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you kindly for your review, it is wonderful to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us; it is also great to hear that even after your stay you had a pleasant experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Napa.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Hilton Napa Management

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Napa? Share your experiences!