“Trendy Mex a little family gem, in Downtown Napa” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl Street
california
“Trendy Mex a little family gem, in Downtown Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Went Solo as a Concierge updating new portfolio for spring season.
LOVE THIS PLACE. it was quiet for a late lunch, more of a trendy TAPAS style , yet in Mexico, PLATAS are " little plates".. 3 tables after 2pm had guests so quiet and nice.
SALSA and CHIPS, AWESOME - Guacamole, could be the BEST yet.. and that is saying alot from me. I spent many years in MEXICO.. ordered the taco plate of 2. small tacos, Carne Asada style.. , black beans with seared beef that had been marinated.. shaved cabbage .. a bit dry but adding the salsa and guac, fantatstic.. I couldnt finish due to eating the chips and guac. ADDICTING.. they serve the chips and salsa upon arrival. Guac is served with Taro Chips.. the salsa is all roasted tomatoes, onions, chilis.. FANTASTIC .. overall , really delish~ after lunch, met the owner, who happens to be from Puerto Vallarta.. we both knew some of the same people ( from my past travel biz as he owns a restaurant there) which was nice. I would send any guest here, for lunch or dinner, its trendy, fun Latin Music, low Alcohol Margaritas and homemade Sangria a modest wine line with one of my favorites, TRES SABORES a perfect pairing for this darling place.. it rocked~.. all in all. for a Napa Lunch @ 15. I will send guest after guest.. next time, I am going for the MOLE which looked fantastic..

• Visited January 2012