“No other way to do Napa” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 217 Activities in Napa
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Relax and enjoy the best that Napa and Sonoma have to offer. No need to be concerned with driving, navigating, setting appointments, or knowing where the preferred wineries are. As your guide and driver we'll gladly take care of all the logistics, accommodate your specific requests & winery choices, as well as offer suggestions of locations that you might want to experience.
Ottawa Hills, Ohio, United States
“No other way to do Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

This made our trip to Napa. Chris was awesome. We will refer the company to everyone we know. Made several recommendations and was a class act the entire time. A+ all the way. Great experience!

San Gabriel, California
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect way to experience Napa Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

This was my first time visiting Napa Valley and had no idea what the best way to visit it was. You CAN try driving to each winery on your own, but who wants to take the big gamble of getting a DUI? Or you can reserve a spot on one of those huge shuttles that's filled with complete strangers and possibly go to wineries that aren't even that great.
Then I found Napa Private Driver.
Our driver was Will, and he led the way in determining what wineries to visit. He was so cool to talk to while driving, that it felt like an old friend was touring us around. We just told Will what varietals we loved and he took care of the rest. He was an expert on the area and kept us entertained with stories about wine history and the history about Napa Valley. You can make the day as short as long as you'd like and
for 35 dollars an hour, this was the way to go.
I'd recommend this as the best way to tour the area for sure.

Bethesda, Maryland
“A sommelier for a driver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Will was amazing! Not only did he listen to our expectations, but he was completely in charge of our entire day and did NOT disappoint. He is extremely knowledgeable, made a great first impression with being prompt and polite, and made sure that we had a LOT of fun during our 5 hour wine tour in Napa. I will never drive myself in Napa... will is my new personal driver anytime I'm in wine country!

Visited December 2014
Toledo, Ohio
“Brilliant idea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

These guys have a driver meet you at your hotel and use your rental car for touring wineries. Saves money since they don't have any fixed assets. And there's nothing safer for a day of wine tasting than having your own driver. Ours (Will Butler) was great; he knew a lot about the history of the area, the wineries and the food options. Will definitely use this service again!!!

Visited November 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“The ONLY way to visit Napa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

We enjoyed 3 perfect days in Napa, and we have to thank Greg for making the visit so amazing.
You really don't have to do much planning to have a great trip to Napa. Just let MNVD know what you want, and they'll take care of the rest. It was fantastic. We let Chris know the places we wanted to visit, and he asked us several questions to really understand what we were looking for on our trip. Once that was done, they made the appropriate reservations. Everything was handled.
We rented a car for the trip, and we went ahead and upgraded to a luxury car. It wasn't that expensive, and really made the trip so nice. To have such a big and comfortable car is something I definitely recommend.
Before picking us up, our driver Greg texted and then called just to confirm everything that we told Chris. Really, he took care of everything. His job, at least as he described it, was to do the driving, the planning, the errands, the helping, etc. Our job was to relax and drink wine. Luckily, we were good at our job... and he was GREAT at his job. He handled everything. For someone who was around us for three days, I have to say that I had ZERO critiques or criticisms for Greg. He was clearly a professional who is great in the service industry. He was always prompt, always knew where to take us, always listened to us and always made suggestions/changes along the way. He brought us cold water and nice salumi (a word I didn't know until this last trip) and cheese and crackers and anything else we could want. Honestly, it was perfect.
If I was going to offer a criticism, I will say that the team at MNVD was a little slow in responding to our inquiries a few times. I think some of that had to do with the earthquake that had happened in Napa before our visit, and some of it was probably my impatience in wanting to make sure everything was confirmed. As the customer, I'll say that when I wasn't comfortable about the arrangements, I just needed to hear that everything was okay. In retrospect, I'm sure they had it handled and I didn't need to worry as much as I did. You can trust these guys to make your visit amazing.
All in all, I cannot recommend MNVD highly enough to you. The cost of this service seems to me to have been comparable to riding along on a group tour, but instead you get your own, private, customized tour. If/when we decide to go back to Napa, this is the only way we would consider going. The cost was worth every penny, and absolutely made the trip spectacular!
I write all this in hopes that it helps you in your travel planning, so if this was helpful to you, please let me know. It makes my day to hear that I have helped a fellow traveler by getting a "helpful" vote.

Visited October 2014