We had our anniversary dinner on the Napa Valley Wine Train and spent the night after at Bel Abri. We were upgraded to a wonderfully spacious and beautifully decorated room with fine furniture and fireplace. The robes which were provided were thick, warm and sooo comfy! And the bed and sheets... all I can say is WOW!! We rarely sleep well the first night at a hotel but it was like sleeping on a bed of clouds. We slept like logs! The bathroom was huge with separate very large shower and 2 person jacuzzi which we took advantage of, and a long counter big enough to spread all our personal toiletries on. There was also a vanity counter in the hallway so I could do my hair and makeup. Although we didn't have time to watch TV, they did provide a DVD player in the room and DVDs at the front desk, which is a very nice touch. One minor thing; the only thing I would have changed was instead of the "old fashioned" crt tv that was in their beautiful armoire, install a flat screen plasma tv (they're not very expensive anymore, esp. if they get one at Costco or Walmart) so that we could watch it more easily if we were sitting on the couch as well as have a better viewing experience. All the nice hotels and B&B's that I know of and that we've stayed at all had flat screens. But like I said, it's minor.
Their staff was very friendly and courteous, the breakfast was nicely done to perfection and delivered to our room (although we both ordered bacon, there was two pieces on one of the plates and one plate without, but they might have run out because they made up for it with added fresh fruit dishes for both of us, so nothing to complaint about, really).
The only other very minor thing that could have been improved on was that although the window was very nice to look at, the white louvers, even when completely closed, reflected too much of the early morning sun and we couldn't close the drapes as they would not only block the heating/air unit, the brackets on the rod prevented them from closing all the way. Although it wouldn't be as aesthetically pleasing, I would had preferred the curtain rods to be placed above the top of the window (it had the arched window top) and move the rod bracket/supports to middle so the entire curtain could be closed with enough room for the HVAC unit. Unless you needed to get up at the crack of dawn, it's a non-issue. However, if you need to have a little extra sleep, be sure to have a sleeping mask with you.
The neighborhood was on the edge of the industrial area and a commercial lot for sale across the street gave us a view of dried up weeds but we weren't there for the view. It was actually in a very quiet area. But for the value, it was a steal. Other than the window, there's not much at all to complain about. We had a very nice, pleasant experience. It was more like a B&B/small Inn with an atmosphere of quiet and comfort. Definitely highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bel Abri Napa Valley Inn has the charm of a Inn and the amenities of a boutique hotel. We welcome you with French tapestries, deep cushioned sofas, stately wrought iron accents and slate floors. We provide a wonderful morning breakfast delivered to your room and an afternoon reception featuring a selection of area wines and cheese. Our intimate Inn is designed to provide you with the utmost comfort and privacy. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Bel Abri Napa Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Abri Napa Valley Hotel Napa
- Country Inn Napa
- Napa Country Inn
- Bel Abri Napa Valley Inn CA