“Attentive elegance” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 Napa B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Attentive elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

From the moment we arrived, inn-keeper Karen Lynch took us into her refined and attentive care. It's clear that every detail is a point of personal pride for her; from the beautifully remodeled and elegantly appointed rooms to the high quality guten free food, perfection is her standard. Heated bathroom floors, a bed that beckons to be re-visited and an overall charm that made our weekend one to replicate at the Inn on Randolph.
We are grateful for your care!
Michael and Jamie

Room Tip: Every detail works!

524 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A beautiful inn that totally lived up to all the raves. Beautiful room (Walker Room). Luxury amenities. Delicious breakfast. Walking distance to center of town. Easy access to wine country. Hoping to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a cute little B&B in downtown Napa. We stayed here for 3 days, and loved every minute of it. Quaint, private and yet with an array of resources at your doorstep, it was one of the best B&B/Inns I have stayed in (and I have tried many!). They made it extra special by going out of their way to arrange a little cake as a surprise for my b'day. I mean talk about making it personal!
The hosts are great. Both the Inn keeper and owner are always around and make the stay rather warm and homely. Very helpful, attentive, they made some great winery and restaurant recommendations, and always have a handy map and directions before you ask for them. The cherry on top- they make the best breakfast ever! I loved their homemade granola so much that I got the recipe off them.
Guaranteed satisfaction. Don't miss it on your next visit to Napa!

Room Tip: We stayed in Wilson, the smallest room but it was large enough for the 2 of us. Simple yet classy, w...
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

There are not enough superlatives to describe the Inn on Randolph in Napa. The innkeepers and their staff are all first rate, their quest to help visitors to the area is sincere and invaluable, the breakfasts are a foodie's delight, the cottages and furnishings are beautifully well equipped, welcoming, and comfortable.The large spa tub and adjoining shower were marvelous. The king size bed and soft, soft sheets plus the fireplace were exquisite. Thanks to Karen, we not only toured small, select wineries, but olive oil tastings as well. Last personal wine tour was the best by far.
Beautifully remodeled victorian home in the middle of Napa. The owners kept the architechtural styles of the house and cottages in tact while upgrading the areas with clean lines and designer-like flair..stunning. Karen & Dan you get an A plus from us. A thank you also to Stacy, the breakfast chef, and the masseuses! If you are thinking of Napa for a first time or a return visit, most definitely stay at the Inn on Randolph. A personal and professional family team will meet your every whim. We are already hoping to return next year for our anniversary.

Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Ringing in 2013 at the Inn on Randolph has spoiled me for every other night of the year! We found everything fabulous that we had read about this place to be true. The sheets and comforters were the softest, silkiest, whitest and most comfy I have ever experienced. The beds were so wonderful we didn't want to get out of them, but we did, because every other part of the inn was just as inviting. Karen and Dan, the inn owners, were around for our entire stay and were so helpful with a myriad of suggestions for wineries, restaurants and things to do. And each recommendation that we followed was completely accurate and fabulous...totally tailored to what we were looking for. If you are looking for a spotlessly clean, fabulously decorated inn with the best of modern amenities, but with the charm and warmth of a historic property, then I would highly recommend this place. The inn itself was a 10, but even better for us, was its location. After an afternoon of wine tasting and a nap in that incredible bed, being able to walk to our restaurant for dinner was a real treat. Although it would be awesome on any night, to be able to leave the car at the inn and not worry about driving on New Year's Eve was an added bonus. And the walk, which wasn't more than a couple of blocks, took us through the charming neighborhood, filled with darling houses and Victorians, many of which were still decorated and lit up for Christmas. Between the luxurious accommodations, the wine welcome and the delicious, generous breakfast, The Inn on Randolph was one of the best values we have experienced in a hotel or B&B in a long time. We will definitely return and feel great about suggesting it for your next romantic or fun filled trip to Napa.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The reviews here don't lie. The Inn on Randolph is spectacular. I recently stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend we both loved it.

What we loved:
- Amazing quality EVERYTHING - the linens, the mattress, the toiletries, the food
- The decor is simple and modern. No lace or frills here. Men can stay here happily.
- Heated floors in the bathroom
- Huge shower
- The owner, Karen, and her staff are full of wonderful advice. We were first timers in Napa and they listened to what our interests were and helped us choose the right wineries and even as much to make dinner reservations for us
- Delicious breakfast every morning. The granola was delicious. Individual loose leaf tea pots and Individual french press pots were great touches
- Complimentary welcome glass of wine and wine bottle in your room
- Walking distance from downtown Napa

The Inn was recently completely regutted and Karen clearly did not skimp on any detail. This place is gorgeous. If I come back to Napa this is where I will stay. I recommend the Inn to anyone and everyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Walker room, which was perfect for our needs. Very comfy bed, spacious enough (we w...
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Well, I just left there a day and a half ago and I miss it terribly! It's so perfectly appointed, even the most hard core type A personality will be comfortable in the perfection of this well planned bed and breakfast. We called last minute and were able to get a room, but only because its wayyyy off season. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, this bed and breakfast is a ten, AAA++++ in the cleanliness factor, perfect location, walkable and safe area. Now, for the breakfast. This was on a whole other scale for me. I am a vegetarian and have a ton of trouble trying to find a decent breakfast...for that matter, any meal. I could not believe it, but for three days, the chef at this inn prepared the most delicious breakfast for me....each one a complete surprise and each one a perfect match for my pallet. Karen, the owner, makes a homemade granola that I could have shoved in a bag and run out the door with. It may even be gluten free. My husband told her how great it was and bingo! She pulled out the typed directions for us. She has typed instructions for anywhere you need to go. She and Stacey (the innkeeper) have a thousand ideas as to what to do whether it be day or night. Every recommendation they made for food was spot on! There were wine and glasses waiting for us when we arrived, the beautiful and contemporary bathroom is just perfect and the floors are heated. My room had a very nice fireplace too. The linens on the bed are the nicest linens I have ever slept on, and I did not think anyone could top my all time favorite bedding. Very, very silky bright white duvet over a medium weight fluffy down comforter. The sheets are just as bright white and as silky as you can imagine. Everything you could possibly want for is available. The property is impeccably maintained and the cottages that are on the property are so gorgeous, I bet they are just as perfect on the inside. Listen, there isn't a thread out of place, a hair on the floor, a dust spec on a lampshade and nary a fingerprint to be found on the huge glass shower doors. It takes a lot to impress me like this, I was blown away. I felt so comfortable. I'm in love, we want to go back. We would never stay anywhere else in napa, and frankly, neither should you. I will have to post pics later, but just go to their website and check them out, I can assure you that the photos in the website are exactly as you will see the rooms upon arrival. Can you imagine that? That never happens! The rooms are always worse in person, these might even be better in person. Seems impossible, but its true! Love this place!,,,

Room Tip: Any room will be FABULOUS!! Spring for the cottages!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on Randolph? Share your experiences!