“This place is better than a hotel, Mom!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Napa B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scotts Valley, California
“This place is better than a hotel, Mom!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We did quite a bit of research when looking for places to stay in Napa for my 50th birthday. Could the reviews for the Inn on Randolph be that good? Where they written by friends? Well, let me tell you the reviews are spot on...the place and staff are worthy of all the praise. Our friends ended up booking three additional cottages and wanted to know how we found this special place. The ten of us where not disappointed and will definitely return again. Let me add a bit more detail.

We booked a connecting cottage to accommodate our family of four. From the moment we stepped through the door, we could relax knowing we picked a wonderful place. Out of a magazine styled large rooms with well thought out amenities, such as heated floors in the bath, beautiful linens, welcome bottle of wine and free sparkling waters. The warm breakfast prepared each morning was delicious. Pancakes made especially for our kids made their morning.

Karen was very astute in understanding what types of wineries and restaurants we would be interested in visiting. With constant rain day and night, but it didn’t matter as Karen set up a private cave tour and tasting for 8 at Pine Mountain. Then we enjoyed fabulous wines made by the gifted and funny, Drew Neiman that we paired with cheese in the “party room” at the Inn (since the power was out at the winery). Later that night the Inn delivered a special cake ordered for my birthday to the restaurant Oenotri. The staff at the Inn on Randolph went above and beyond our expectations…as my 13 year old son said, “This place is better than a hotel, Mom!”

Room Tip: We saw all the cottages our friends booked and there was not a bad one in the bunch. Can't go w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Loved this place. I was looking for a place to stay in Napa last minute for me and one of my best friend's birthdays and happened on inn on randolph when googling modern bed and breakfasts. I was looking for a intimate feel of a B and B but no antiques, doilies or scary old plaid duvets. Inn on randolph was exactly what I was looking for. I emailed Karen 2 days before and she responded immediately. They held her 2 adjoining cottages without even a credit card to hold it! We loved the cottages - laurel (where I stayed) and Franklin where our friends stayed. Karen had great recs for wineries and would've helped us with restaurant reservations if I didn't already have them. (Reservations to bottega, press and ad hoc- decided that I would kill the husband with French laundry and meadowood since I've been there before ;)) Then when we got back from wine tasting and lunch, she had a really nice cheese plate and wine set up for us in the Neiman room where we hung out for an hour and a half prior to dinner. Breakfast was wonderful and enjoyed her homemade granola which she gave me the recipe for... Thanks for a wonderful welcoming stay and a memorable birthday!

• Stayed December 2012
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I recently went with my husband to the Napa Valley for a business retreat he was attending and we stayed at the Inn on Randolph. I am so glad I went! Karen, Stacy and Louise were warm, welcoming, and professional. Not only did they make sure the meeting ran flawlessly, all the wives had daily activities organized for them. I got an 80 minute massage in the onsite Spa room and was able to return to my wonderful room for a soak in the spa tub. Every morning we we had the most amazing gourmet breakfast and were able to meet and talk to local winemaker extraordinaire Drew Neiman. Karen was even able to arrange a private wine tasting at Neiman Cellars for the entire group. The group voted it the best team building they had ever been too. This is the first work trip I have ever been on that felt like a vacation. Thank you Inn on Randolph!

Room Tip: Check their website to pick your room. There are 5 cottages with TVs and 5 Inn rooms with no TVs...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I spent an amazing weekend in Napa at the Inn on Randolph (despite the constant rain). As always, my OCD kicked in and I shopped for hours before deciding this was the place, and I must admit my homework paid off. Karen was warm and welcoming, and the Inn is decorated and furnished to the nines. I immediately noticed that attention was paid to every detail in the remodeling with no expense spared. The Inn is modern, very clean, and feels like home. We liked the sheets and comforter on the bed so much, we are ordering sets for our home, and I loved the heated tile floor in the bathroom. Breakfast the next morning was beyond delicious. I can't describe how many people we ran into in the city with strong opinions on what to do in Napa and where to go. Out of all these recommendations, Karen was the most spot on in recognizing what was important to us on our trip and sending us to the places we would enjoy the most. I am not much into writing reviews, but I was so overwhelmed with our stay here, I figured maybe you might benefit from my hours and hours of research. There simply is no reason I would ever look to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Walker room which is upstairs in the main house. The room was gorgeous with its ow...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed in all of the fancy places in the Napa Valley. Meadowood, L'Auberge, Calistoga Inn to name a few. The Inn at Randolph rivals any of these 5 star properties. It is warm and welcoming, and every amenity has been thought of. We stayed in the Randolph room. The bed and linens amazing! Bathroom had everything. A large soaking tub, plush towels, and HEATED floors!
Each morning we had a fabulous breakfast. Homemade granola, French press teas and coffees, and then a main course.
5 stars!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in a cottage, super romantic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
austin, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The Inn on Randolph was such a quiet, cozy and overall lovely place to stay in napa. We went there for our five year wedding anniversary and had the most amazing stay. Karen and the other innkeepers were always so friendly and willing to help with anything we needed. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed in the Hannah Moore room for 2 nights leading up to thanksgiving. Weather was great so we didn't spend much time at the inn but when we were there it was beautiful, clean, warm and convenient. Karen and the team gave us great recommendations and went out of their way to help us find our way around. We especially loved the gluten-free breakfasts and beverage bar. The only drawback whatsoever was that from our room you could hear the guests directly upstairs having showers and walking around late at night - much like any apartment block. But we would definitely recommend a stay - the cottages looked gorgeous!

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Inn on Randolph? Share your experiences!