“Relaxing getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in Napa
Dallas, Texas
“Relaxing getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We took a recent girls trip to Napa and stayed at La Residence and it was so relaxing. From the manager, Graham, to the bellman, Dave, and Marta who served us wine and great food, the service was outstanding! The rooms were very comfortable, the grounds were beautiful and we were surrounded by vineyards! What more could you want! We will be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at La Residence, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Sher53,

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your friends during your recent visit.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your visit to La Residence and the beautiful Napa Valley. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and found this place to be just what we wanted. A small, intimate inn located in Napa valley. The rooms were spacious, the breakfast was lovely and the nightly wine and cheese was an added touch. The location is between Napa and Yountville which are both great little towns and close to all of the wineries. There is not a lot within walking distance but there is a great restaurant located at the end of the driveway called Bistro Dan Giovanni which was excellent. Added bonus, sitting in an outdoor hot tub enjoying the beautiful Napa Valley evening. I would recommend this to anyone seeking a quiet, relaxing retreat.

Room Tip: We had a king sized bed which was fantastic!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at La Residence, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear renanddave.

Your time spent with us this month seems to have offered you everything you were looking for in a trip to the Napa Valley.

It is always great to read how our guests enjoy our little slice of heaven, with an evening in the hot tub looking up to the stars above with a glass of Napa Valley wine sounding just blissful!!

We hope that your schedule allows you to return again in the future and spend some more time with us. If this is the case, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

North Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had the best room right in the vineyard. Suite with bedroom, living room and great bath. Spacious and lovely. Hot tub outside. Wine and cheeses in the afternoon and breakfast - all delicious. Would go back again. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Room 13 very private with your own porch.
Dear TeddyPeter,

It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and the time you spent in Wine Country.

When you have a chance to return to the Napa Valley, we look forward to welcoming you back once more.

Thank you again for taking the time to offer feedback from your stay.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at La Residence for my engagement weekend with my girlfriend. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel, service, and overall experience. I let the staff know that I was planning on proposing and they were extremely helpful. They helped me find a spot on the property to pop the question, had great dinner recommendations, and helped me all along the way to make sure my engagement was a special one. Once I chose the location I wanted to use, they even moved my hotel room location to better accommodate logistically for the proposal.

The breakfast was great, the wine happy hours were a lot of fun, and the small amount of rooms made for an extremely personable and peaceful experience.

I would recommend La Residence to any family or friends, and I will be staying there again the next time I visit the Wine Country.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at La Residence, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear wmbadams,

We are happy to read that your choice of location and hotel to propose to your future wife turned out to be the perfect place to do so.

We truly pride ourselves on making the details of a specific request become a reality, so it is great to read that your special question was asked in exactly the way you intended.

Since your departure, the concierge who helped this happen has been able to see some photographs that were taken as the proposal unfolded, and they look truly special.

When you look to return in the future, please contact us directly as we will be ready and willing to make your next visit as special as your first...... Who knows, it could be the perfect honeymoon location too!!!

Best regards and congratulations once more,

Oxford, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I were married at La Residence and returned for our tenth anniversary. We returned because we liked it so much during our wedding. As always, the staff is great. Everyone had a smile and had the answer to every question. A very big thank you to Kelly for the split of champagne, cheesecake and strawberries when she learned it was our anniversary. The room was very nice, with excellent bedding and linens. We learned that La Residence will be closing for a few months while they undergo an expansion and renovation. The place is gorgeous now, but I cannot wait to see what they do to improve it.

Room Tip: We have stayed here twice and both were very nice. The rooms on the east side might be a little qui...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at La Residence, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Michael S,

Congratulations on your tenth anniversary!! Thank you for you returning to La Residence to celebrate this special occasion.

It is very pleasing to read that the hotel has kept its charm and beauty in the 10yrs since your last visit.

We hope that you will consider a return visit for your 11th year celebration, as this will allow us to show you the new additions to the property. We will be sure to not take anything away from what La Residence has been as this is what makes us so beautiful and unique.

Once again, congratulations!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at La Residence for 3 nights for my birthday/Labor day. We were surprised and delighted to be upgraded from our garden room to an amazing two bedroom, two bath, full kitchen swo storey separate house on the property (apparently the residence of the original owners). It was amazing, luxurious beds with great pillows, immaculate furnishings and great toiletries. A wonderful breakfast and wine and cheese (fabulous variety) come with the stay. Great location and staff, couldn't have been better, we'll be back for sure!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear jobrankin,

We appreciate you staying with us recently and celebrating your birthday in Wine Country.

We hope that when you return to the valley, that you will consider a return visit and allow us to take care of you again once more.

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback from your stay.

Pinckney, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Peaceful, quiet, relaxing. The first three adjectives that come to mind.

My wife and I stayed at La Residence as part of her birthday celebration. The grounds are beautiful as is the entire countryside. A small vineyard resides on the property. Fountains, art as well a multiple buildings that one can choose to stay in. My wife and I were in a room in the "mansion". The room wasn't overly large but comfortable as was the king bed. If you would like more room I understand that there are suites available although I did not get the chance to look at one. We also had a deck outside the room with a table and comfortable chairs. Our deck was a special because we stayed in room 24 which is in a corner and the deck was very private.

The property provided breakfast every morning with an assortment of food that varied from cold cereal to cold cuts and cheese. A variety of breads and pastrys was also available. All were good. On the weekend hot food such as scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage was also available.

The eventing wine reception was fun but it seemed that everyone during our visit did not mingle as much as I thought that they would. The atmosophere, wine and finger food was all good just the same.

Napa is not an inexpensive destination so there should be no sticker shock as you travel downtown (a mile or 3) and visit the restaurants and shops there.

My only negative critique is that I would have like a small coffee maker in the room although there was coffee available in the dining area whenever I checked. It's just that early in the morning, ( I was on eastern time), I don't care to wander out of my room until I'm presentable.

We only stayed 4 days and spent the remainder of our time in San Francisco. Next time we will skip the city and just stay at La Residence.

Room Tip: Room 24 in the mansion was very nice. The deck has some privacy since you are on the end. There was...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at La Residence, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear George D,

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback offered regarding your stay with us.

It is great to read that your wife enjoyed her birthday in the Napa Valley and we hope that you may find time to return and celebrate again in the future.

The valley is a unique and beautiful place at all times of the day, whether it be sunrise and balloons floating overhead, or as the sunsets over the vineyards. We are truly blessed to see this everyday.

When you find the time to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will be sure to take good care of you both once more.

Please wish your wife a happy belated birthday from us here at La Residence.

Graham

Been to La Residence? Share your experiences!