“Beautiful ambiance and food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto Napa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 249 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Morimoto's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. His seasonal and ever-changing selection of raw fish preparations will feature the freshest seafood available as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from supporting farmers. Morimoto's signature offerings include Toro Tartare, presented in a shallow wooden tray with condiments including creme fraiche, wasabi, avocado, nori paste, chives, crispy rice, and dashi-soy. Tuna Pizza made with raw tuna, anchovy aioli, and jalapeno; Morimoto Sashimi, a terrine of seared Toro, smoked salmon, barbequed eel, tuna and Hamachi served with five different sauces in pipettes.
Austin, TX
“Beautiful ambiance and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

the restaurant is very earthy. I love the decor of the vines blended with stone throughout the entire restaurant. The service was fantastic and the food was great. I will definitely go back.

Callander, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We visited Morimoto during our stay in the Napa Wine Valley - very nice indeed, although a little pricey for what we were served. We sat at the sushi bar watching the Chefs preparing the outgoing food, which looked extremely professionally done. Would go back again if we were ever in the area, a good dining experience all round.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Missed the mark, expensive, and they try hard, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

There is no doubt that Chef Morimoto is an incredible figure. His restaurant is quite large, interesting to look at, vibrant, sexy, loud, and probably worth a visit. But his staff is trying to be different, yet fails in so many ways. I will start by saying that money is never an problem when it comes to food... I would have happily spent 2-5 times more for a good meal/time. But these prices are high and in return you get an attempt at the staff creating something different for you... which usually flops in taste and appeal. The waiters push the most expensive items on the menu, instead of those that taste the best or will satisfy your hunger. The presentation was different, but not useful to taste, appeal, or your stomach. Seems more like a list of all the botched meals prepared by Iron chefs everywhere. I would not go back. I would not recommend this place. I would recommend that Chef Morimoto visit his own restaurant once in a while and fix all the things that are broken. And/or send in people that he really trusts to give honest feedback. I also felt that the waiter was not genuine, or helpful. I did not like that they topped our bottled water glasses with street water. Cocktails were average at best. Don't go here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Watertown, New York
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We began with a drink at the bar and they were slammed. The bartenders served us as quickly as they could, which was much appreciated for how busy they were. I would suggest the bartenders asking if people would like to close their check upon ordering and I would also have the bar back trained to take orders as well. Those guests who do not work in the restaurant industry do not understand way the bar back was not taking orders and the closing of the check helps the hostesses when seating.

Barron our server was the best server I have ever had! Working in a fine dining restaurant myself I was very excited and greatly enjoyed his service skills. He was very personable, knowledgeable and through throughout his entire service. Very professional and I would request and recommend him as our server any time we visited the restaurant.

Our meal was also very very good we and a bottle of the Newton Claret which went very well with our meal.

“Unique presentation, great waiter!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our waiter was absolutely fantastic! He didn't rush, made wonderful recommendations and we really enjoyed our experience. The food was creative and unique, not everything was a hit however. The rock shrimp appetizer was prefect, however the version of a "dumpling" we tried was a bit fussy and the flavors just didn't work well. It felt like a conceptual food piece, that just hadn't been tasted by the creator. The chiriashi was amazing and so was the sushi we ordered. We finished it off with the candy dessert for two that was presented on a dried grape vine just beautiful. Overall I was pleased with the experience.

• Visited October 2013